Starting playing poker through Freerolls or Deposit?

H

Hello_how are you

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am leaning toward the deposit for four reasons:

1. You won't be learning how to play real poker. A freeroll MTT is basically a lottery, where each player has a 10000:1 chance of winning. The players will go all-in virtually every hand, so if you don't have a monster, you can't profit. Even if you yet a monster, there will be about 4 or 5 callers ahead of you. You have an overpair and they made the straight with 4-7. When you get unlucky and bust, you'll be left shaking your head in disbelief.

2. The amount of time you must spend grinding won't be worth it. If you win first place in a freeroll MTT, you have wasted 6 hours of your time for $5. On pokerstars, the minimum deposit is $10.

3. Depositing gives you many bonuses and rewards. On pokerstars, If you make a first time deposit of $20 you can enter a bonus code and win an extra $30 dollars, giving you a $50 bankroll. You will receive school pass and spin and go tickets. There's also poker school, which you can join at no cost.
There are so many benefits to being a member, my most favourite of which is the beginner bankroll challenge.

4. real money cash games and SnGs are where you learn how to play real poker. You can learn so much with just a few hands in the microstakes cash games. You can learn a lot of tournament strategy by playing a few SnGs.

My conclusion is that the deposit is the best choice for beginners.

Good luck on the felt.

F

Feel_i_Pok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what is your goal :) In my humble opinion - make a deposit with no experience is not worth.

I

ivandrago

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerolls, but dont play like freerollers. Play like you where playing real cash game. Dont think you will learn anything form freerolls. But practice what you studied maybe.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I accept freerolls because I want to try myself, but of course I made a modest deposit, only a rare one.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls and gamechips only. Anyway playing for real money is another game, but to understand fundament of poker its enough

Freeroll Passwords