Starting playing poker through Freerolls or Deposit?

S

stacionar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. As for the beginner, it is necessary to play only freerolls. You will be able to know game better. Watch video about poker and read articles.

D

diegoduran

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its nice to play freerolls, no entry at all, dont even have to use play money chips!

P

PackerBell

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play with frends :D play freerolls :p

berksan

berksan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only freerolls and if you win you can play with the winnings

I

ItryhardAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you should do is play freerolls and deposit minimum amount required and just play $1 SnGs and get the feel for it with money. also study math and how to play from some pros. Tournaments you wont win unless you play a lot of them, and never win if you are new new

N

Nodrawman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
go

It is so much time with freerolls. You win sometimes a lil money, but after you loose that at sit and goes,mtts or in cash game. You cant do a correct bankroll management with such few money. So it takes a lot of time to win correct amount. Good luck anyways! :D

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone give a strategy for freerolls?

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my advice is that MTT's have the most variance going in any type of poker tournament, and freerolls more so because of the crazies. Use the freerolls to earn some money and some skills, learn to read the board as it is falling out so you know whether your odds are improving or worsening, and after this if you want to make a go for real play I would make a deposit and then start playing SnG's a lot to build up my roll. after this I would use some of my BR to play a couple of MTT's ($5.50 minimum) because this is the amount where the microstakes crazies start disappearing. you will still get crazies but not as often. just remember not to blow your whole BR on MTT's use them as a treat and if you get a good cash then fair play and well done.

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can someone give a strategy for freerolls?
there really isn't a strategy for freerolls it's a case of wait for hands that you are willing to play then keep an eye on what falls out so you know if you need to fold or shove

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i am starting i played with deposits and small turnaments ;)

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls is to your advantage to training and even serves when we are unable to play in paid tournaments.
But in freerolls we find many tournaments with many players and without many compromises to play.

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If yo played poker before, deposit, freerols are not real, poker is complictly different, people shove like mad... By playing some STTs with small buyin you will learn much faster without risking big money...you can play freerols aside to try to earn more money...

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are the way to go. Still learning here to.Will not deposit until I get better at freerolls.

B

Beast modes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still not done freerolls , cash games 5 dollars easy lowriding.

tolka4off

tolka4off

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should ask this question to urself, cause it's ur life and ur money :D
But it's gonna be great if u will start by freerolls and then making ur bankroll bigger and bigger.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grind the freeroll's until you feel comfortable enough with your game to risk some cash. MTT's have higher variance than cash games so you may want to try them out instead. ACR has a bunch of on demand freerolls all day, every day.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with a freeroll and you sovetuyu.Igra on freerolls different from cash games. But still required the first experience and to develop their game line.

M

MakeUcryalot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are always and forever bingo. You can help beat variance by playing many on different networks. Ideally you should only be raising premium hands, that can be played from every position (22+, KQo+, KTs+ AQo AKo). Play them aggressively, double up, repeat. Be smart since nobody else will.

R

rusty98

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, everyone

I have decided to start playing poker, and mainly playing freerolls atm, and started wondering if playing MTT after deposit will be more useful or not ?

please share your experience, if you have started playing like this as well :)

Thanks for the tips in advance!
Depositing is the the best option I feel. because tournaments are always tough for starters . Specially free roll tournaments Not much money even on 20th or 30th position And its always difficult to reach to the final table in a tournament .So you can lose your confidence in trying to cash out your first tourney.

M

maloxu82

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean if you're thinking that you'll be doing good on microstakes I'll recommend you to deposit 10-20$ and start building BR from that.

Like many people said freeroll is all about luck , if you won't be lucky in FT you can only make couple $ in 2-3 months ( If you have free time and you patient you can do that)

S

sunofabeach

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well ... in my opinion that all depends on your current situation (time, poker level, goals and so on).

freerolls are for sure different than mtts, but that was already stated here.

If you ask me (if you don't want to deposit), I'd advise you for some home games ... there are some really nice ones out there.

Else I'd defnitely chose to deposit before doing freerolls in order to build up a bankroll.

L

Lauriss1989

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I strated with freerols in pokerstars but it's verry long way to get bankroll..Then I make my first deposit xx euro and win xxx in tournament!!!
So if you have some money then make deposit and take your chanse to raise it:) :) :)

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would use the freerolls to practice your tournament play the margins are really low copared to time in tournament to how much you win but in some cases you can do pretty good and if you put the 5$ or whatever you in in a free roll into a bigger tournament and use stratagy that helps you do ell to even place in free rolls can ultimately help you game for when your in the bigger tourny to place in bigger spots to make more cash

orsino12

orsino12

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like most things in poker, it depends...

Freerolls are a good way to make money and start a bankroll if you already have some skill, but freerolls are not a good way to learn poker as you will pick up some very bad habits.
You pretty much have to play 2 completely different styles when you play freerolls vs. "other games".
I'm a small timer that plays micro stakes and freerolls, mainly for fun, and I can consistently make small amounts of $ on both, but if an outside observer was watching me play it would look like 2 different people playing as my style of play is completely different.

Some people say there is no strategy for freerolls, but I disagree. The strategy is just different and making it deep is probably easier for good players if they can adjust as the chips move very freely early on compared to "real" tourneys.
I know I've played more than my share of freerolls over the years and found a strategy that works for me.

Freeroll Passwords