Starting playing poker through Freerolls or Deposit?

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker freerolls, then when I saw that I had very little experience and no ability to read his opponents, I started to read books, watch training videos, made a first deposit of $ 100 and start playing 1,5 $ SnG 9- max

S

Sobrosa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will depend on the size of your bankroll, but I think you can play the two, why not? I play all the freerolls I can and play the sng to U $$ 0.25

Xela7778

Xela7778

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I think freeroll is for time then you get basic knowledge, and then real money, if u realy want to play at ept or wpt in the future..

partyboy392

partyboy392

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might say the main problem with freerolls is simply getting to play in them. Most poker sites want that initial $ 20- $25 deposit to get you started . It's a little tricky to get by the the initial deposit. Also to maintain your sanity you have to assume your not going to place or win an entry ticket into a real money game at least 50--75% of the time. 10-20% of the time you'll be a winner. This Furgeson techniqaue is not as easy as it seems .. it requires a lot of time and patience

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've built a bankroll a few times now from freerolls only until I cash out and quit for awhile. I think it's a great way to ensure you'll actually be able to win. The risk is none but the time investment is definitely greater. If money doesn't mean much to you just deposit. If you have a lot of time play freerolls

R

Radiotelefonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is necessary to play freerolls only if you have a lot of time. because on them a lot of time, and prizes small leaves. Quietly to play SNG it is necessary to have on the account at least at 30-50 times more than there is an entrance to a tournament and not in which case not to give in to passion. Very difficult and long to earn such money in freerolls therefore I consider that the deposit it is obligatory. For a start put into the account at least 10 dollars and play SnG on 0,25.

besides game in freerolls and game with a paid entrance is absolutely different things. In freerolls there are a lot of players who have come to play about and there are all-in with any card. Over time you will learn to play against them and itself you will begin to adapt to their style of game. But as soon as you will pass to paid tournaments you at once will understand that it is absolutely other type of poker. which you haven't learned to play yet. Therefore you will very quickly lose all money which I had earned in freerolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm having the same struggle, I'll deposit 15 dollars anytime soon, I want to play cash games, freerolls take too long, and it has so many people that it bores me.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've built a bankroll a few times now from freerolls only until I cash out and quit for awhile. I think it's a great way to ensure you'll actually be able to win. The risk is none but the time investment is definitely greater. If money doesn't mean much to you just deposit. If you have a lot of time play freerolls

hay Broon, Which site allows you to withdraw without depositing?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freeroll allows to gain experience, but if the goal is to make money. it is best to make a deposit.

Justah

Justah

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are waaaay different than cash games. Issue with freerolls is riskfree playing.
Your opponents doesnt risk a single openny and almost every hand you see one or two players going all in with rediculous hands. Constant table swaps leaves you very little room for learning behavior of your opponents. If you wanna learn for bigger games, id recommend deposit like 10 dollars and do few cent games every now and then.
Even with 1 cent on line for opponents they play more carefully and you get the better sense of risk games.

S2ntos

S2ntos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls as usual, when little deposit

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting to play poker through freerolls or Deposit?

On the Deposit -- on the freerolls bankroll will not collect for a normal game,you freerolls from time to time try to increase it a little if tanesco will make their way through maniacs

vezy4iy

vezy4iy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While only play freerolls to fill hand.If all will be well prepared then we can talk about the deposit.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls for practising and with the win miney play for real money

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, everyone

I have decided to start playing poker, and mainly playing freerolls atm, and started wondering if playing MTT after deposit will be more useful or not ?

please share your experience, if you have started playing like this as well :)

Thanks for the tips in advance!

To begin, you must first define discipline. If it's MTT tournaments, you need a minimum Deposit of$ 10 and you can play tournaments on the 0,25 $ 45 and 90 man. 40 buy ins is enough. To start with freerolls do not suggest because in most cases there the game turns into a game of Russian roulette.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best way to start is the freerolls because you will win experience after that you can invest some money for try

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
At the beginning is always good to start with the freerolls .You earn that way some free money , you test your skills , the software and RNG of the pokerroom , you invest the profits on SNGs and particularly to one specific game , let's say 0.1$SNG to develop your abilities and become better at it . Never start playing the MTTS , they have a great wide variance so you'll lose a lot of money . Later when you'll feel more confident and sure for your game and your wins , make a deposit to see if you can play well and receive the first deposit bonus .

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice - freerolls. They give free experience. That will come in handy in the game for money.

champyun

champyun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a great way to begin online. Not only are you gaining experience, but you are seeing a wide variety of play/players. Like others have said, you just have wade through the idiots for a while and you can finish pretty well.

I just recently, turned two top 10 finishes in freerolls into a small bankroll. I took the two minimal payouts (about $1 total) and went to a .01/.02 cash game. Made a profit for enough for a small buy-in SNG. Cashed and continued to play in small SNG's, where I have built that up to over $25.

It can be done, it just takes time and patience.

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only Freerolls, because you learn a lot from it.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with all the hassles of depositing money into poker sites from my country, i finally managed to deposit min cash of 20$ into pokerstars and the next thing i know...i lost it in couple of weeks...may be i am bad at poker :( but i would suggest to start by freerolls........ Good Luck at the tables

hzrd123

hzrd123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are safe, but its a lot of time and risks there u should pass this way so u be a great poka playa
cya at CC freeroll today :D

Whyel9809

Whyel9809

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls and plo imo. i built a nice roll with good ol plo

M

mr_Stryker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I start with predpochetayu freeroll for raising the level of gambling ! After playing as the order of $ 20 try their hand at MTT or CIS for real money

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls and MTT is obsalyutno different behavior in the game. But if you yourself already know that you are ready to play in the MTT you should try

Freeroll Passwords