Starting playing poker through Freerolls or Deposit?

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
You need to do your homework and is not easy buy you can do it.
Start with freerolls as many others suggested, but at the same time get into the learning all the strategies of poker. In pokerstars they have the School poker or Intellipoker get in there and learn the basics and at the same time you get frerolls and incentives as you learn.
After you feel confident do by all means deposit some money say 25 bucks and start playing at the micro level and go on from there. :deal:

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, everyone

I have decided to start playing poker, and mainly playing freerolls atm, and started wondering if playing MTT after deposit will be more useful or not ?

please share your experience, if you have started playing like this as well :)

Thanks for the tips in advance!
I personally won my bankroll playing freerools and have never made a deposit. When you see the amount of bad beats I feel it does not represent a real poker atmosphere. I wont deposit money for some dog chasing his tail to take in bad beats.:D

Edu4594

Edu4594

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you see that you will get along with the deposit, for example, if you see that in a tournament 10k players, you're among the first 400, you can make a deposit, but I recommend you make some freeroll first and with the money of this freeroll you build a nice bankroll.

L

lordahile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

1,In free touurnement there are a lot of fish
2.With deposit play with the better players in the money tournements.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Play freerolls first, u need the experience, and after u get good sense of the game, which i muss say, u need at least 2-3 years of experience, then deposit and play with your own money, but for now, no, u badly need the exp. to be profitable on the tables.

D

Daidals

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a very tough question, first you need to understand what you whant from poker - making money or just for fun.
If it is making money than deposit and start to grind.
If it is just for fun than my suggestion is 2-3 weeks play freerolss to understand room properties, after that make some small deposit like 20-30$ (for first deposit you get some nice bonus cash or tickets or something else). Use bonuss and after a some time probably you already get back your deposited money.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would start with the freerolls and money added games and then once you have around 200 buyins then try mtts

Excellent! Always want to have 100x to 200x in your bankroll more than the cost of the MTT. For example -

I have $200 on Pokerstars. I should play $1-$2 MTT's.

I have $500 on Pokerstars. I should play $3-$5 MTT's.

You must be comfortable with your play! One game should not sabotage your whole roll! Good luck!

K

KillerHurtz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what you're comfortable losing. If you have extra money, deposit $100 or whatever it is and have fun! I would play low stakes for a while but that's just my opinion. I'm currently trying to turn $0 into 100 in as little time possible via free rolls.

E

erkla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls because its FREE. And if you are an good player you can build a nice size bank to use for larger tournaments. I used my freeroll bank to enter a Guaranteed seat tourney to a 600k event. Ended up cashing for $30 bucks. If you do the math you will see its a great return! Easy way to build your playing style also.

happy grinding
erich

pauloprcds

pauloprcds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if you have the money for it, then go and deposit, but one think that I learn is that when you start your bankroll with freerolls, you already have some experience, and give more value for what is there, cause you know it was tuff to build it.
Now, if you're confident that you are good enough, and have a go BR management, than I would say go for it .

Zelengorov

Zelengorov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After i lost my first deposit on the cash games, i started to build another one only with freerolls, but in PokerStars they are not so well paid.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to invest my own money as I know I'll lose and keep depositing that's why right now I am playing only freerolls and I have gone upto $40 something and slowly lost it all as well. I feel I am not good enough still to make a deposit and be able to make a worthwhile profit from it so I am sticking to freerolls for now and Cardschat has its own freeroll where there is not much crowd and the players are good so it is a great way to learn. Only problem for me is that in my timezone, I have to play poker after 1am :3

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can do both things: deposit & freeolls, its up to you.
But if you win some cash and you want to withdraw it, before you need to do deposit.
Personally i like to play freerolls.:) But for money is more interesting to play:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm on Team Deposit.

If you can, deposit a decent starting BR. $20 isn't decent unless you plan on grinding .10 MTTs...

Depositing makes things so much easier. No need to stress over and waste time in huge field freerolls, making pennies/hour with min-cashes.

Not saying freerolls are bad, just don't waste your time in them if you don't need to. Especially ones with terrible structure and payouts. Is it really worth playing 5+ hours in a freeroll that pays $2 for 1st?

Best option is to do the best of both worlds: deposit and play freerolls with good payouts. I think CC freerolls have decent payouts.

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing poker for play money. Then he played more frirrolov. And when they could win some money on freerolls, I gambled. Only after three years of practice, I have made your first deposit. Playing freerolls and money is very different. Even when compared with freerolls tournaments with low buy-ins. Since the level of play in freerolls is very low due to the fact that many players simply learn the game directly at the tables. And if you will not play on your money, you will never become a real poker player. But early in his career greater attention should be paid to training. And to experience the game for play money and freerolls game is well suited. Because freerolls do not involve any participation fees.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sarted playing with 10$ and lost all of them. I understand - im stupid fish. And im started playing freerolls and now i have some BR and can play tours for money. So I advise to play freerolls if you new member. Just save your money.

By the way, I won my first money on thursday freeroll on cardschat xD Good Luck for all

R

RunVovkaRun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker over one year, but I cant win some cash. Tell me please, how I can build bankroll without deposit?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls first and if it goes well deposit some funds

M

mwlucian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have won freerolls on a few sites and run it up to the point of making big withdrawals. It takes longer but you can definitely win some money this way.

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My experience is that on freerolls people are playing with higher risk on betting with bad hands and so on. So there are many bad beats and I often loose. But in tournaments with buy in I loose too so, until now I have no luck or I am not so goog in playing Poker. For that I think, it only make sense to play freerolls if one is not so good in playing, like me.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my advice first play freeroll some time ,when you are in the game than you can try to deposit otherwise you can lose money...

J

Jediscotch1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

as I am new in the world of online poker I'm starting with freerolls , but I plan to soon make a deposit.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience is that on freerolls people are playing with higher risk on betting with bad hands and so on. So there are many bad beats and I often loose. But in tournaments with buy in I loose too so, until now I have no luck or I am not so goog in playing Poker. For that I think, it only make sense to play freerolls if one is not so good in playing, like me.

Thats true. Many people who playing micro limits have played like a fishes from freerolls. So you can take many experience from freerolls and some times later you can be better on micro limits.

E

eyaniss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls
I'm playing online for a month now. I made 1st deposit and see. As mentioned above freerolls would be ideal for learning and adjusting online poker but they're full of crazy kamikazies not letting most of the other players to properly play and evovle

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Freeroll tournaments with cash can not compare. There is a difference playing for their own money and the difference to play without the risk of overheating your money

Freeroll Passwords