Starting playing poker through Freerolls or Deposit?

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited all last year through Bovada, and never cashed out..This year Im playing freerolls at Sportsbetting and ACR

B

BigredMike

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls vs Deposit

Have played in many freerolls. Good way to build bankroll.
Have not had good luck with depositing. Some sites folded before I could get money out. At least with freeroll bankroll, it was money that didn't come out of my pocket.

M

mcsizzle831

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you playing for hundreds just freeroll til you played about 300 hours or so and then you will have enough experience in freeroll tourneys.

annajanci

annajanci

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with freerolls and I still play freerolls, no deposit for me until I actually am able to get more constant cashes (I only cashed once). It's a great way to learn without risking money, and to build a little bankroll.

E

erkla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Freerolls or deposit

Hi, I have been playing freerolls for a while. I am considering depositing to take advantage of ACRs jackpot poker wsop prize.

I have found that people play very recklessly and I play a long time often with no reward. I have also become very mouthy which is not good.

what advice can everyone give?

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
freerolls, freerolls, freerolls! Started the play money route and realized that was not productive and switched to freerolls on pokerstars and Full tilt. Both sides were good about microstakes and training material.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deposit... and just deposit. In freerolls(not cardschat) lots of players register and most of them are mad. So it is not normal poker and such type of play can have a bad influence on your further career.

S

snomaks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with freerolls , practicing, to gain experience without risking anything . when you win the last tables, then you can proceed to deposit

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started with deposit to see what's to play with real money, but then I just loose about 250 euro... now I'm playing freeroll poker and building my bankroll without investing!
So don't made deposit, please.:jd4: :jd4: :jd4: :jd4: :jd4:

If you could made 250 euro deposit one time and lose everything, so make depo once again and just try play smart with in your level.
250 euro...hm... you know, even 50$ is very nice to play 6+ tables in NL2 comfortable and profitable. 100$ is good enough to play buy-in MTT (for example for this money you can play 9 Sunday Storm). Indeed you have 100$ in reserve!!!
Very interesting how you lose 250 euro? Maybe playing BIG LIMIT cash games? So make the conclusion and refine your game (for example change cash level to micros).

PLAY SMART

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some poker room offering great deposit bonuses: 2xcash, freeroll tickets, sng tickets. You can do deposit and still playing freerolls or micro buy-in tournaments. Depending from your bankroll. And suggesting to you study poker if you are beginner.

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't had to deposit thankfully due to some timely placing in freerolls (then building from that micro) - but there are plenty of ways to easily start with a bankroll on the sites that are offering 100% bonus. Just do your research and start becoming a regular on some tables. Lots of label and notes, grinding and the BR will increase.

P

PerformLAB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have deposited, A LOT, and in all honesty, if it was to start over, I would definitely be going the freeroll way. It cost me a lot of $ simply to realize I had to start lower, or with zero and then move up. I would also recommend taking notes on a lot of players, that way, if you are playing freerolls, you can see which MTT's or SnGs that the players you face in freerolls are also playing, hence giving you a feel for the field strength.

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive done it both ways in past -befor black friday i used to deposit on full tilt and poker stars-now i just play using my freeroll money ive won to play-since i play more live for cash play than online i dont need much online-winning in freeroll can be a struggle for some ,they seem to test your patience-its easier to make small deposit than to grind out a bank roll

D

dudu10grande

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll play is always good, it is a little help to create or increase your bankroll, but with deposit you can now skip this part and play MTT's and Sit and Go with good preiações according to what your bankroll allows.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd suggest signing up for lots of different card rooms, then playing on each one (play money or freerolls), and at some point, because they want more real-money players, they might offer you a free $5 or so. It's part of their marketing budget. Take that money and play the lowest SnGs (like 5 cents) until you build a bankroll for the next level. I'm thinking 100 buy-ins, since the 5 cent SnGs will be 1/100th of the $5 they gave you. This is how I got started on Full Tilt, PokerStars (back in the good ole days), but now ACR has sent me a free $5. Unfortunately, I can't find any 5 cent SnG games there. BetOnline has 5 cent ones and their freerolls have larger prize funds. It's much easier to cash in a freeroll there than ACR.

But, anyway, try all the card rooms you can find and see what they offer you. Has anyone here ever asked the support staff for some marketing $?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerols at the beginning and later you can deposit

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in order not to waste a lot of time better to make a little deposit. Also the dynamics of freerolls and games for real cash differs a lot

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Freerolls are good for you to understand the dynamics of the game. Then, after when you feel comfortable try play with real money.

swiur

swiur

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose freeroll because i don't have bank account. If i had bank account i would will do deposit. If you no have enough experience i recommend you freeroll. If you have some practice better is deposit because build bankroll on freeroll is time-consuming and boring. Game in freeroll no gives so much emotions and fun

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a beginners you should start from freeroll to acquire skill and experience then after that you can practice good brm.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls can ruin your game, so many people shoving like crazy than you yourself need to just shove to stay competitive till all the bad players busy out which can take awhile, if your gonna do freerolls wait till its later in evening and the fields are thinner , once you actually cash just make sure u don't go into every real tournament playing every hand like a coin flip

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frerolls to get some experience and game skills without without risking

R

RealityOracle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are so loose and donk-ridden that they require a different strat than a regular MTT. You definitely have to play more push/fold poker and try to double/triple up early, because no one's going to let you play regular poker in the early stages. Players will recklessly push all in during the first few levels to try and build a big stack early. Eventually things slow down as players are quickly eliminated and you can play some poker, but that element of reckless shoves still remains to some extent throughout the tournament.

B

b0zzman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have managed to accumulate a small bankroll and grind up to a pretty good amount each of the last 3 years. I just took a big hit the other night that cost over 30 dollars in a very young bankroll. virtually puts me back at square one for this year but at least its zero risk this way.

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I think you should play freerolls until your confident enough with your game to play real mtts

Freeroll Passwords