$$$ October Micro SNG Thread $$$

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already have some good ones to start with - I think I will just start a thread for them. That way we can post them as we think of them and I will have them all in one place when I get ready to compile them for him.

I thought about us posting them in here - but don't want to distract this thread from our regular stuff - and there might be members who don't read this thread who want to get involved. I will add the link in here though.

I have some other ideas brewing for us as a group so wouldn't mind attracting a few new people to join us.

Pillshark

Pillshark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collin's book is very good so far. I highly recommend it. I got it at Amazon and I think it was only $14.95 plus shipping. There really is no good reason not to buy it if you are playing sng's. :p

Thanks for the info on this book dakota.:cool:
Amazon.co.uk had a 50% discount on this book,so I ordered it right away.
Arrived within a few days,so will swot up on it during my lunch breaks.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Collin's book is very good so far. I highly recommend it. I got it at Amazon and I think it was only $14.95 plus shipping. There really is no good reason not to buy it if you are playing sng's. :p

Thanks for the info on this book dakota.:cool:
Amazon.co.uk had a 50% discount on this book,so I ordered it right away.
Arrived within a few days,so will swot up on it during my lunch breaks.

Cool - make notes for interview questions!!

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Didn.t notice this thread before:eek: My only game at the moment are turbo 6 person 8 games, they are all I have time for. After decimating my bankroll trying to play fr holdem and the consequent break, I learned that I have neither the time nor patience to play full ring holdem. I do have enough time for sngs and except for playing a few 33 dollar mtts which I shouldnt have, have been devoted only to them. SNGs are the way to go for someone like me who doesnt have but an hour or so to play most days. I have built my bankroll back up with them and its a good feeling.:)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to our thread bella!! We have the interview coming up and I am also working on a little something for us in November - a special event just for this little group. :)

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SitNGo Wizard probably does far more than I can tell you - but just the small amount of time I spent in it last night here is what I know so far.

It collects your hand histories and analyzes them for you. It will tell you which hands you played wrong and what you should have done instead. It gives you the ranges for that play as well.

For example if you folded and should have shoved it will tell you that and show you the hands you would shove with.

I had very few hands that I played incorrectly and most of them were marginal so it was okay.

I can hardly wait to get back in there today after I play some more sng's.

You can download it for free for 30 days so you have nothing to lose by trying it. And after that it only costs $45.

You can not have it open while playing though - so make sure it is closed and that you remember to close your poker sites before you launch it.

I think the sites are fine with it being used as a review of your hands - but not something you can use while you are playing as it would give you an unfair advantage over the other players.

Just wondered about the cost of sng wizard , the website says $99. Is there a special rate somewhere?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondered about the cost of sng wizard , the website says $99. Is there a special rate somewhere?

I will find out for you. Give me a few days though - I won't be talking to the person who said $45 until then.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This thread is golden! Like bella, when I do have time to play, I only have time to play SNG's. I definitely don't have the time to play the volume that I used to, so my playing is very sporadic. I'm hoping that I'll have time to play more and follow this thread as well. May have to pick up Colin's book too.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

in the mean time you can download SNGEGT it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of SNGWIZ but is very usefull still. I like the interface its a lot easier to play around with stuff IMO. and best yet it's free.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is golden! Like bella, when I do have time to play, I only have time to play SNG's. I definitely don't have the time to play the volume that I used to, so my playing is very sporadic. I'm hoping that I'll have time to play more and follow this thread as well. May have to pick up Colin's book too.

Welcome aboard - this thread is going to be the place to be hehe.

Get the book - there is a great deal at Amazon right now. It will change everything for you. :)

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ohhh mini brag itt ..went to check sharkscope since I havn't in forever and i got me a shark:)
Untitled

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice - I blocked myself from there years ago because a friend was always making fun of my fish. :(

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nice - I blocked myself from there years ago because a friend was always making fun of my fish. :(
Wish i could say my little fish has never jumped out of the bowl there more then once.:eek:

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ohhh mini brag itt ..went to check sharkscope since I havn't in forever and i got me a shark:)
Well, to be honest, I think their automated ranking system is a bit off because they have myself listed as 54 ability and a shark. I'm about a break even player, maybe slightly losing overall, not that I can tell at this point, because I haven't opted in and have no ability to view that info.

66 out of 100 is pretty decent but does that qualify you as a shark? What's 75 and above, godlike? Surely my 54 doesn't make me a shark. Over-rated. Then again, I believe you can click on the shark and make custom settings. That's pretty useless imo unless you were looking up every player and had a subscription.

C

Caysewell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
I used to frequent Cardschat quite a bit earlier this year when I was still a freeroll donkey. Don't think there was much SNG discussion back then. It's good to see some now.

I used the free $5 from pokerstars, crushed the micro STTs and eventually 3.25/45man SNG to build a nice bankroll. Now I play $6.5/45 not sure if that's considered micro and just about have enough bankroll for $12/45.

Hopefully I can contribute to some micro SNG strategy discussions. Books were mentioned earlier, I somewhat think they're old school. I think watching videos from training sites and discussing strategies on forums like this is the way to go.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never got a fish or a shark. my rating was 47 but it's now up to 59. i think it has a lot to do with the stakes your play. over all i'm a losing player but lets just say i dug myself a big hole. but i'm climbing it out slowly.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,
I used to frequent Cardschat quite a bit earlier this year when I was still a freeroll donkey. Don't think there was much SNG discussion back then. It's good to see some now.

I used the free $5 from pokerstars, crushed the micro STTs and eventually 3.25/45man SNG to build a nice bankroll. Now I play $6.5/45 not sure if that's considered micro and just about have enough bankroll for $12/45.

Hopefully I can contribute to some micro SNG strategy discussions. Books were mentioned earlier, I somewhat think they're old school. I think watching videos from training sites and discussing strategies on forums like this is the way to go.

Collin Moshman's book is awesome for 9 man SNGs. he also at stoxpoker. what traing site are you on? i'm at cardrunners now and should get a couple weeks at stoxpoker next month.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, to be honest, I think their automated ranking system is a bit off because they have myself listed as 54 ability and a shark. I'm about a break even player, maybe slightly losing overall, not that I can tell at this point, because I haven't opted in and have no ability to view that info.

66 out of 100 is pretty decent but does that qualify you as a shark? What's 75 and above, godlike? Surely my 54 doesn't make me a shark. Over-rated. Then again, I believe you can click on the shark and make custom settings. That's pretty useless imo unless you were looking up every player and had a subscription.
uhmm, if I'm not mistaken the shark just means you are on a heater, because as stated when my graph is falling that guppy still makes an appearance or at least it used to, as aforementioned. its been awhile since I went and checked ss. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.:)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys,

Feel free to jump in! You are definitely playing micros - though going forward I will probably leave micro out of the thread title. As members progress we don't want to exclude them lol.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
menu_open.gif
Search this Thread vbmenu_register("threadsearch");
menu_open.gif
Rate Thread vbmenu_register("threadrating");
menu_open.gif
Display Modes vbmenu_register("displaymodes");
menu_open.gif

post_old.gif
3rd August 2009, 9:30 AM
bobsay225
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1258805", true);
Advanced Member
Plays at: Ultimatebet/TILT
Game: hold em

***August Micro SNG Thread***
Well I see that most of the monthly threads are geared towards cash games and mtt so I figured since I hear that sng is a good way to build a bankroll and being a learning thread that this could help us..

So when we are being tight in the beginning of a sng "tight is right and tighter is righter" playing our cards keeping position in mind,we have plenty of time to study the other players.

I am hoping that someone can answer this question and we can discuss it but most important is how can we use this info in our games.

how do we put a calling range on a player? Is it figured on what they call preflop or postflop? How can we use this info later on in the higher blinds when the game gets to push/fold?

Hopefully we can get this thread going with the help of some advanced players so we can become better players we can promise not to play in the rooms that they do:D :D

I am glad the thread is taking off.. One thing that I am having lately is that the big stack is always to my immediate left I am playing 6 max turbos and playing tight till 50/100 and they usually have it by then any suggestions later on building slowly when it comes time to push near the bubble and such I always must go thru the big stack any suggestion would be mucho appreciato:D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^ Yea, was a great idea! It just happened to coincide with my move to sng's so I love it.

I had no idea we had so many members who play them - or at least mix them in with their tournament play. Though in retrospect it makes great sense.

So thanks for starting a great little group here! I was wondering who started the first one and kept meaning to go back and look.

T

Toor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goals:

- Move up in limit (Currently playing $20+2 with over 70 buyins bankroll)
- Play more games a day, so I won't end up having to eat my bankroll
- Learn to multitable (See above)
- Refine my play
- Buy something cool with my full tilt points

Last week has been rather crazy. I started to work on my late position play and I've been on a high since then. During the last week I've played a total of 66 $20+2 SNGs on FT (normal speed, 9-handed). My ROI% over the last week is a whopping 39%. 14 first place finishes, 7 runner up and 10 third places. (47% ITM). Overall (not counting tournament wins) it's at 25% according to sharkscope (I got a nice icon there now :D). I want to have at least 50 buyins before I move to $30+3. I'm almost there :)

T

Toor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
uhmm, if I'm not mistaken the shark just means you are on a heater, because as stated when my graph is falling that guppy still makes an appearance or at least it used to, as aforementioned. its been awhile since I went and checked ss. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.:)

I think its solely based on the ROI%. The ability is based on the stakes you play at as well as your ROI%.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have had very few opportunities to play so far this month. RL is just too damn busy!! :D

ITM is %36 & ROI is %55 so far.

Hope to get some sets in this week and definetly this weekend. Also have to review the CM book to get some questions for him.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brag: checked Sharkscope, don't have a fish in a bowl next to my name
Beat: don't have a shark either

:p