$$$ October Micro SNG Thread $$$

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
23 more $2 NL STTs, +$22.50. Makes it a total of $39.45 for the month so far.

What I'm happiest about though is that I've started three-tabling the past few days and so far it's been pretty comfortable. Loving what it's doing to my playing volume :)

Yea - I can't wait until I get caught up and my life settles down so I can see what I will be able to handle with sng's. I am dying to play as I am reading that book.

But have loads to do here at Cardschat after just returning from Vegas. And loads to do at home - then next Thursday we leave for San Francisco.

My life is hard lol.

Last edited:
P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel sorry for you Dakota :rolleyes::p.

Managed to scrape 30$ together to deposit and have got it up too 35 as of now, just collected my copy of Moshmans book that I left with a friend so I will start reading that soon, maybe we could have a little discussion in here on it as its been many years since I have tried to study anything lol. Also have a copy of Shaws book too look into aswell.

Well since my deposit went on a run of 10 cashes in 12 games, alas not one of those was a 1st place:mad:, but I was playing for the win, finally won a game but bubbled the next two with poorly timed pushes with A5 and AK both hitting better hands (one was AA), cursing myself because the second time I was 2nd chips and just trying to get the shortstack out when the tightest player finds himself with AA, hopefully lesson learnt there. Anyway if I cash in this sng I am playing will get over 300 leaderboard points on stars which wont win anything but will be a nice first week at 297 right now. Whch begs the question why am I reading this and not concentrating 100% on my game? Well there is a big leak I need to plug:D.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would love to have a discussion on the book. We might need to wait until stubzy gets his copy so he can join in.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fine by me how are the sngs treating you today?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ha - can't get a minute to play poker today. :(

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha - can't get a minute to play poker today. :(

Oh :( how are you survivng:D? Just in the middle of an epic 9 man been running for an hr and a half dammit runner runner straight and out in second :mad: thought I was going to hit the 400/800 blinds then, cannot remember when that last happened.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well - I sleot a little late due to the time change, caught up on CC threads, worked out, walked dogs, took shower, got dressed, make-up, hair, more CC stuff, grocery store, walk dogs again, made and ate lunch.

It is now 5:30 and I need to set up the GVG game for tomorrow and send out the pw, catch up on some CC admin/mod stuff, catch up on the Freeroll Club/restricted list, send in 2 OFC freeroll requests, clean my kitchen, do laundry, clean the floors, change the sheets on the bed and clean the kid's rooms.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow daks that sucks need to win the wsop and get cleaners!

Just won a game as my stats before show I am way too passive but its up untill around the bubble, its seems to be when I have a healty stack and try stay away untill bubble bursts which sometimes harms me as the short stacks get lucky and games go on, I mean I do get uber agressive after the bubble and go for the win but somethimes im 4:1 down in chip ratio and other times it seems when I am chip lead I get hands in good and get outdrawn, but thats the game isnt it? I know sometimes I get lucky, been playing this game nearly two years now is time for me to get somewhere in learning it,

I mean I feel like I have played enough that have have a bit of instinct to when I have the best odds and stuff but never actually use the mathmatics of the game like I should, it seems like I just play the micros and then score a biggish win and withdraw my BR, that being said that has helped me to go see my gf the last few years in airfare, but I withdraw then I am back to ground zero, I need to get my act together.

Ok so I am gonna play another game, had a plan that if I score a win I will play an 18 man game (I started playing these) but think I will give that plan a miss tonight. Blah blah blah lol.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably a straightforward question, but here goes - shove or fold in this spot? Villain has played a fairly standard game, not playing many hands early but then shoving liberally when the blinds have gotten high.

full tilt poker Game #15382981978: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (112792547), Table 1 - 200/400 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:40:10 ET - 2009/10/16
Seat 1: sitsky (3,480)
Seat 2: Yunksi (2,415)
Seat 3: JERKB4IT (945)
Seat 4: Arnark1000 (2,385)
Seat 6: FILIN2000 (1,935)
Seat 7: OzExorcist (2,340)
OzExorcist posts the small blind of 200
sitsky posts the big blind of 400
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [2d Ad]
Yunksi folds
JERKB4IT raises to 945, and is all in
Arnark1000 folds
FILIN2000 folds
OzExorcist...

Obv I'm shoving to isolate if I'm playing this at all, but is Ax good enough to do it with?

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably a straightforward question, but here goes - shove or fold in this spot? Villain has played a fairly standard game, not playing many hands early but then shoving liberally when the blinds have gotten high.

Full Tilt Poker Game #15382981978: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (112792547), Table 1 - 200/400 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:40:10 ET - 2009/10/16
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Yunksi folds
Arnark1000 folds
FILIN2000 folds
OzExorcist...

Obv I'm shoving to isolate if I'm playing this at all, but is Ax good enough to do it with?

Most of the time I would fold here, but as I wrote above my play before the bubble can be very passive, save the chips. In you mind what range what you putting this guy on? I hate these spots sometimes it seems you end up calling when villian finds good cards after shoving the last few hands. Im probally folding this at these blinds and saving chips for a shove or just for a better hand or even just to make a play on my own terms.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold here as i dont think you ever that far ahead. i'd probably shove A9o or maybe A8s here.

N

nicoiko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Full Tilt Poker Game #15382981978: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo) (112792547), Table 1 - 200/400 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:40:10 ET - 2009/10/16
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Yunksi folds
Arnark1000 folds
FILIN2000 folds
OzExorcist...

I'll be more inclined to push to isolate here given the facts you're far from the bubble, you're in a "medium" position on this SNG (not in big danger but you don't have enough chips to try to protect your position here but winning this hand would put you in much more health), the M ratio involved (his is 2 and yours is 4) and finally the fact that he seems to be a player who understand the SNG dynamic (super-tight early, push/fold dynamic later).

To give you a range I probably will push as light as top 33% (any pair, any ace, any king suited,K9o+,QTo+,Q8s+,JT)...
Some might think it's very light but actually I'm tighter than standards which tells us to push with top 44% of hands :eek:
Obviously this is the range vs an optimal opponent who understand how push/fold mode depending of the M works.
I would be more cautious if my opponent tend to play in a way that doesn't suit with this. Still I'll make the call with A2s any day vs any opponent in this situation. ;)

Last edited:
Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll be more inclined to push to isolate here given the facts you're far from the bubble, you're in a "medium" position on this SNG (not in big danger but you don't have enough chips to try to protect your position here but winning this hand would put you in much more health), the M ratio involved (his is 2 and yours is 4) and finally the fact that he seems to be a player who understand the SNG dynamic (super-tight early, push/fold dynamic later).

To give you a range I probably will push as light as top 33% (any pair, any ace, any king suited,K9o+,QTo+,Q8s+,JT)...
Some might think it's very light but actually I'm tighter than standards which tells us to push with top 44% of hands :eek:
Obviously this is the range vs an optimal opponent who understand how push/fold mode depending of the M works.
I would be more cautious if my opponent tend to play in a way that doesn't suit with this. Still I'll make the call with A2s any day vs any opponent in this situation. ;)

I agree, I'd be shoving in that position.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to attempt my first online poker marathon on Sunday. Either going to play from 10am-10pm or 11am-11pm. Never tried anything like this but me and a friend thought it would be fun. Hopefully it goes well!!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking about asking Collin if he would be interested in doing an interview for us. We could ask him questions about things in his book and other sng questions as well. Would you guys be interested in that?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking about asking Collin if he would be interested in doing an interview for us. We could ask him questions about things in his book and other sng questions as well. Would you guys be interested in that?

Yeah - why not - think it would be awesome.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deb Id be interested to ask a ? or too.. Think it would be of value to alot of members here and would generate alot of interest...

Will be curious to know what he says

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys - 50:50 on shove or fold it'd be fair to say then?

I ended up shoving it and villain rolled over AQ. No miracle in that hand, but I went on to take second in the game anyway.

As far as ranges go... obviously 22+/Ax, probably QT+/KT+ any maybe some naked bluffs. Obviously I was hoping for the latter two options, the more I think about it though the more I actually lean towards folding. In hindsight I don't think it's a naked bluff very often at all so I'm really just hoping it's QJ or something. It was the stage of the game that made me shove, I figured we were still a ways away from the money but the blinds were getting huge so it was worth a risk to try busting someone.

Dakota - sounds awesome :)

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

yes that would be awesome.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback guys - 50:50 on shove or fold it'd be fair to say then?

I ended up shoving it and villain rolled over AQ. No miracle in that hand, but I went on to take second in the game anyway.

As far as ranges go... obviously 22+/Ax, probably QT+/KT+ any maybe some naked bluffs. Obviously I was hoping for the latter two options, the more I think about it though the more I actually lean towards folding. In hindsight I don't think it's a naked bluff very often at all so I'm really just hoping it's QJ or something. It was the stage of the game that made me shove, I figured we were still a ways away from the money but the blinds were getting huge so it was worth a risk to try busting someone.

Dakota - sounds awesome :)

honestly the villian should be shoving ATC here. but i dont think you ever have him crushed. and you still got to worry about the blinds. now you have even less FE because there lots of money already in the pot. IMO FE is the name of the game and you still have a good amount here because the stacks are so close to each other. i think this is a fold just because you rarely have him dominated and i dont think a 60/40 flip for most of your chips is a good thing. thats why i was saying A8 or so. because you can actually dominate lots of hands. and you only a coin flip vs small PP. where as w/A2 you could be a 30/70 easy.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Collin said he would be happy to do the interview. :)

So start thinking about what you want to ask him. If you have read or are reading his book you can ask him questions about things in it. You can also ask any other questions related to playing sng's - I am sure he would be open to questions about his poker playing experiences, etc. as well.

I will decide tomorrow whether to post a thread for them or have you send them to me. (I do reserve the right to edit lol).

We are really lucky to have somebody like him who is willing to answer questions for us - so let's take advantage of it and come up with some good stuff! I will give us close to 2 weeks to come up with questions.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

So start thinking about what you want to ask him. If you have read or are reading his book you can ask him questions about things in it. You can also ask any other questions related to playing sng's - I am sure he would be open to questions about his poker playing experiences, etc. as well.

I will decide tomorrow whether to post a thread for them or have you send them to me. (I do reserve the right to edit lol).

We are really lucky to have somebody like him who is willing to answer questions for us - so let's take advantage of it and come up with some good stuff! I will give us close to 2 weeks to come up with questions.

Wow this sounds great. Thanks for sorting it out dakota. Gunna have to think up some nice questions for him now :D

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow. that is just awesome. i'll try to think of a few good questions.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Fantasic Dakota I will try to come up with some decent questions.