$$$ October Micro SNG Thread $$$

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
October Results - November Goals

I am really excited to see this thread. I have decided to only play MTT & SNGs. I only play regular speed SNGs on pokerstars.

October was used to get back to playing a ton online and to start charting my progress. If I can stop tilting and stick to good BRM I know can profit from this game.

Hopefully this thread will keep me acountable.

November goals:

Play over 300 SNGs ($5.50)
ROI 20%+
Control tilting
Post results on CC

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right i got my $100 though in to FT today! So going to start to bust off some $1 sng and see how i fair!! I'll keep you all up to date!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duffer the goal of 20%+ might not be such a good idea. setting goals on how much your going to win is setting you up for tilt IMO. you could play your best 300 games and still have a loss.

and good luck sharky i'd try to jump to $2.25s as quick as possible. although they recently lowered the rake for the $1 games it's still super high(even at the $2 level).

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Duffer the goal of 20%+ might not be such a good idea. setting goals on how much your going to win is setting you up for tilt IMO. you could play your best 300 games and still have a loss.

and good luck sharky i'd try to jump to $2.25s as quick as possible. although they recently lowered the rake for the $1 games it's still super high(even at the $2 level).

Yeah - both points are true

- rather set short term goals like "keep my vpip under 25% this tourney"

- FT rake on the 1$ sngs is still killer.

Now to something different - I stated somewhere that I like the 3.30$ KO 90 p sngs at FT ?!

Yeah - made second again today (and got sucked out 3x in a row HH busting - had him covered 100K-20K aipf AQs < A7s, 80K-40K aipf 99<66 finally KQs < J10o :mad: )

Attachments

• FT311009.jpg
    FT311009.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 3
sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Them $3.30 turbo's you them tight or loose? I believe there is a system to hit ICM like 60% of the time....

Just loads of them go nearly one every couple of minutes. Believe sometimes we over look where there is money to be made!

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Them $3.30 turbo's you them tight or loose? I believe there is a system to hit ICM like 60% of the time....

Just loads of them go nearly one every couple of minutes. Believe sometimes we over look where there is money to be made!

I was at 13% Vpip which is rather nitty / very tight as I got to the bubble.

If I have more time tomorrow I'll multitabe 6 of them :joyman::joyman::joyman: :joyman::joyman::joyman:.

Generally half of the field don't have any idea and bust very fast - don't get compelled to call their aipf shoves with mediocre cards though... they'll pay off your monsters anyway if you know how to adjust your bet-sizing :D.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was at 13% Vpip which is rather nitty / very tight as I got to the bubble.

If I have more time tomorrow I'll multitabe 6 of them :joyman::joyman::joyman: :joyman::joyman::joyman:.

Generally half of the field don't have any idea and bust very fast - don't get compelled to call their aipf shoves with mediocre cards though... they'll pay off your monsters anyway if you know how to adjust your bet-sizing :D.

Right let me know you get on!! I need to Build my BR up a little more before i think about playing one of them!

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right my last update for evening....

Played 3 x 1.20 SNG games (9 players)

1st x 2 = $9.00
8th = $0.00

3 x £1.20 = $3.60

So a profit of $5.40....

If i get a good understanding of these $1 SNG's I'll right a strategy guide and my thoughts be hide it.... Need to do some more playing first :)

Smotpoker

Smotpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played all kinds of MTT's today ranging from $1-$3 and only managed one ITM for a measly $5 or so. Down about $10 for the day. :(

Running my last $1 90 man as we speak. Chip leader with 12 left.

Of course I'm drunk off my ass at this point and don't have high hopes for a top 3, but if I can manage to get there at least I'll break even.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lat two days lose 3 games win 1 to break even, big fun.

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone noticed a crazy increase in action tonight?? Lots of drunk halloweenies on the $1 PS sng's. Just realized tonight is the daylight savings time switch, so I'm going to play for another hour.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would look into these. if this is a 9 man SNG. if not it's fine to be getting allin. but in a 9 man SNG you really want to aviod busting out early at all costs. the only hands i would get aipf with are AA,KK(sometimes QQ). And AK only if there is lots of money in the pot and i'm the one shoving and think there is a good chance i'm not called.
:cool:

OK. Both were at fairly early stages, here's the hands:

JJ in 7th:

full tilt poker Game #15685609875: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo)
Seat 1: ByTheWay17 (2,125)
Seat 2: avsta77 (895)
Seat 3: supersalmon (1,665)
Seat 4: Prookie (1,175)
Seat 5: theyungwun610 (3,040)
Seat 6: Natchez Too (1,110)
Seat 8: OzExorcist (1,045)
Seat 9: cha - ching atm (2,445)
cha - ching atm posts the small blind of 40
ByTheWay17 posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [Jc Jh]
avsta77 raises to 895, and is all in

supersalmon has 15 seconds left to act
supersalmon raises to 1,665, and is all in
Prookie folds
theyungwun610 folds
Natchez Too folds
OzExorcist calls 1,045, and is all in
cha - ching atm folds
ByTheWay17 folds
supersalmon shows [Td Th]
OzExorcist shows [Jc Jh]
avsta77 shows [Kh Qh]
Uncalled bet of 620 returned to supersalmon
*** FLOP *** [2s Ah 7c]
*** TURN *** [2s Ah 7c] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [2s Ah 7c 8h] [Qc]
supersalmon shows a pair of Tens
OzExorcist shows a pair of Jacks
OzExorcist wins the side pot (300) with a pair of Jacks
avsta77 shows a pair of Queens
avsta77 wins the main pot (2,805) with a pair of Queens

I'd raised in late position with a big ace earlier in the game then had to fold when one of the blinds called me and shoved a flop that missed me completely, since then the blinds have it a few times and I've got about 13BB left. My notes on both villains in this hand are neither are particularly good, we're really folding this?

AQ in 9th:

Full Tilt poker game #15686044156: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (Turbo)Seat 1: KristjanEST (1,580)
Seat 2: TBERZEN (1,385)
Seat 3: OzExorcist (1,855)
Seat 4: korzhuk (1,455), is sitting out
Seat 5: Egnirda (1,565)
Seat 6: fullofshxx (1,460)
Seat 7: Epic_Turtle (1,335)
Seat 8: Nemlair (1,435)
Seat 9: Poker monkey190 (1,430)
Poker monkey190 posts the small blind of 25
KristjanEST posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to OzExorcist [Qc Ac]
TBERZEN calls 50
OzExorcist raises to 200
korzhuk folds
Egnirda folds
fullofshxx folds
Epic_Turtle folds
Nemlair folds
Poker monkey190 folds
KristjanEST folds
TBERZEN raises to 1,385, and is all in
OzExorcist calls 1,185
TBERZEN shows [Ad Jd]
OzExorcist shows [Qc Ac]

*** FLOP *** [2h 8d 9d]
*** TURN *** [2h 8d 9d] [Jc]
*** RIVER *** [2h 8d 9d Jc] [6s]
TBERZEN shows a pair of Jacks
OzExorcist shows Ace Queen high
TBERZEN wins the pot (2,845) with a pair of Jacks

No particular reads on villain this early so yeah, this is bad. I'm probably tilting after getting reamed on the bubble so many times :p

Just sorting out my results for the month, will put them in a separate post.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alrighty, October results.

Ended up +$12.90 over 98 games. Almost half of that was from nine $1 STT turbos at the start of the month, the rest is $2 STT turbos.

Not a spectacular win rate. At this stage I actually make a lot more from $1 games than I do from the $2s - interesting that there's a big change in the standard of play and there's a lot of reasonable multitablers at the $2 level that just don't exist at $1.

On the upside I've been working on my multitabling and I think I'm pretty comfortable running four at a time now. Will try to iron out a few more kinks in the game, hopefully run at expectation and have a better November.