How to play QQ?

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been running quite bad with QQ lately...When I have 3 bet them in position and everytime I get 4 bet by villain, only to find out I'm against KK or AA, when I call the flop comes out awfully bad with A K X.
But anyways, theoretically speaking, QQ fares well against top 15% of range, so in the long run it should even out.
I think we need to stick to fundamentals, QQ is a premium hand pre flop, but if you get 4 bet or 5 bet even, then you probably are in bad shape, and if flop comes A K X, definitely tread carefully as it is now downgraded into a marginal made hand so check/fold might be the best way to go.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
With QQ, it is better to go to a restaurant. And then-everything depends on the mutual attraction.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope you aren't folding QQ preflop :D Just play it like your regular hand, dont raise too big preflop to give exploitative signs to your opponents, the thing in poker is that you can't avoid coolers sometimes and even if they hit set or two pair or other strong hand you still have to go with it if there are weaker hands that would do the same, I hope you understand what I mean. Obviously if flop hits A or K and its multiway then it is pretty easy fold, just exploit your opponents if they hit their card or not.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good afternoon folks. and press mine or it's hard until it folds. lol Ultimately, I'm less likely to play with QQ than with any other card. many hands are lost with a pair of ladies in hand. it's not easy. and in your opinion my dear colleagues
I ve played against you a couple of times, and let me tell you this. You almost never fold and the marginal hands you play from awkward positions are staggering. I know for a fact that once you have +77 you move allin. So, I find it disturbing you making such a post dude.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the comment

I ve played against you a couple of times, and let me tell you this. You almost never fold and the marginal hands you play from awkward positions are staggering. I know for a fact that once you have +77 you move allin. So, I find it disturbing you making such a post dude.

hello good afternoon. I'm answering the guys in order here, but I'll answer you right away. because it blew and I was online. really my way of playing is good predictable, I've been playing poker for a long time, but I've been dedicating myself more for about 3 months, so I have a lot of addictive ways that I need to cut from my moves, because I'm an easy player to read after a few games. I'm dedicating myself to change some behaviors in play, one of them is the all in one, because I feel safer, I don't know if I'm right, but I think this was one that came out in the bubble at the final table. could have managed. but I prefer to go all-in, do lose to small pair on the flop, as I have lost last. I'm trying to change this approach, but it has become more vicious to get out of all with a pair above 77, I have to improve it, but as I said, it is not easy to change a vicile. thanks for the comment

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard to play QQ, in a game yesterday I had QQ about four times and only lost once. That is because I read comments here in the chatrooms and try to apply them to my game. Trust me it helps, so please keep posting it helps all of us.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the comment

It is hard to play QQ, in a game yesterday I had QQ about four times and only lost once. That is because I read comments here in the chatrooms and try to apply them to my game. Trust me it helps, so please keep posting it helps all of us.

thanks for the comment, my friend, we will continue to post yes and I will continue to answer everyone, even if some do not need the answer, because as well as helping me, I believe it helps many others like you. and that is the object. Thanks for your comment

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

Happy to get it all in preflop on most occasion but happy to see a flop and go from there also. Wins money more often than not.

hello how are you my friend, I'm learning a lot here, but I believe that playing with QQ will always be a moment of heart attack, depending on the level of play and placement on the itm

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

play QQ ... I guess there are a thousand ways to play them and everyone will defend their position on what is the right way to play them ... and there will be a thousand opinions ... I guess it doesn't depend on the situation at the table. The aggressive premium will always be the usual but let's not forget that there are 2 premiums ahead as AA or KK. that will almost always raise you but there will be many AX and KX who will play them in the call and you just have to know how to take care not to enlarge the pot and all that ... poker is so complicated and beautiful in the At the same time that I will never let you be like that fish forever

it is true. the most beautiful thing about poker is the diversity in the same game condition, as there are several ways that lead to the same result, but there are also several problems that are generated with the variance. so I love poker for knowing that as much as I know, I will always know nothing, lol

Nynatieta

Nynatieta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ,or, or

Eu prefiro jogar com QQ, faça que com AA tem mais possibilidades de jogo:eek:

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really like pocket QQs. Especially when there are only low cards on the flop. Then I try to raise a little higher than normal for others to fold and prevent the turn / river card from having an A / K.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Today I played the Cardschat $50 Social, in my third hand I was on the button and I had KK, everyone had folded, I have $ 1900 And I bet $ 360, the SB calls, the BB goes allin .. I call allin, SB call allin ..
SB: A10
BB: A10
Me: KK

FLOP 3J7
TURN: A <WTF>
RIVER: 8

Only pokerstars the king of the Bad Beat

X

xCENTNERx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only 3-bet. Poker is an unpredictable game. Sometimes when you have a QQ hand, your opponent will have a full house with 28. It is necessary to maintain composure and monitor each stage of the distribution, not forgetting to take into account the position

Last edited:
G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always like to open strong QQ so I take initiative and prevent other players from entering the hand

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not necessarily - you can play any hand well and lose, but that doesn't mean you played it badly. For example, you flop a set of Queens and your opponent is committing all their chips on a draw and they get there. That doesn't mean that you played the hand badly.

In general, I agree with you. But if you lose all the time with strong cards, then it is obvious that you are still doing something wrong

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last night I played freerolls and and at first i got QQ and called all in,to AK, A and K came on the table and I was busted.
Later on i doubled my stack on an other freeroll, QQ all in, and i won against 88.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket QQs play just like the other two cards you decide to play for the pot. Of course, if you are not a fan of trash hands. This hand is good preflop. Raise 3-4 BB, and then the card will fall. :qc4::qs4: !?