How to play QQ?

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon folks. and press mine or it's hard until it folds. lol Ultimately, I'm less likely to play with QQ than with any other card. many hands are lost with a pair of ladies in hand. it's not easy. and in your opinion my dear colleagues

Last edited by a moderator:
SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand where you're coming from here. Pocket queens are usually considered to be the one of the worst premium hands (second only to AK and possibly JJ). however, that doesn't mean that pocket queens are a bad hand to play. If you can manage to go head to head with only one other opponent - likely by three or four betting preflop, you're much less likely to run into hands such as 88 which could hit a set and ruin your hand. It's never a guarantee that you're going to win, but you should be playing queens almost all the time. They are a really strong hand that deserve to be played.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
There is never a guarantee to win with any starting hand and that is beautiful in poker (remember the AAvsAA 1 million final live tournament and a flush for one player, both of them were all in). Coming back to the point, I should never fold QQ pre flop (even if we have to go all in), the flop can light up the rest of the game. We always have to take into account that it may lose us but in my opinion QQ is a good hand to play.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although QQ is not strong as AA or KK, it is still a very strong hand. At pre-flop, it is enough strong to make a 3bet and play full stack if your stack is short and opponents are not very very tight. You may lose when the opponents have Ax or Kx and the flop turns A or K but poker is a gambling game, QQ is stronger than many hands except AA/KK and a bit stronger than AK, it's worthy to invest your stack. At post-flop, if the flop turns A or K, your QQ is a mid-hand so pot control is a simple play you can use and QQ is still foldable if the opponents are tight, never bluff or it's a multiway pot.

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ doesn't guarantee a win pre-flop, always someone can have a K or A and we're back, propose to raise slightly pre-flop, if the flop is Q and we have a set, I play a raise check. when someone checks the turn, I play 1/4 or 1/2 poly. on river all in. and depending on the cards on the table, I hope that someone has no straight :)

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon folks. and press mine or it's hard until it folds. lol Ultimately, I'm less likely to play with QQ than with any other card. many hands are lost with a pair of ladies in hand. it's not easy. and in your opinion my dear colleagues

Chances loose concept.QQ really strong hand,but any other hand like 99 can hit QQ.It's definitely not worth playing through all-in.

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

exactly so QQ is not worth playing all in it is a critical card there can be a line mainly when it is on the flop K or A so I'm afraid then hahhaha but that's poker

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, you yourself answered your own question, saying that there are few chances ... I advise you to make a small bet and nothing else with such a pocket pair, but it is best to catch a set :icon_thum

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play QQ correctly. You shouldn't always bet all-in with this hand, you can see the flop. And if you don't know what to do, press the fold button. A very good phrase, which I try to adhere to ..

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont go all in preflop in tourneys
Bet a reasonable amount preflop and evaluate after flop is shown

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to consider many components, but in most cases, with such a hand I play aggressively. I think it is a strong enough hand, and if you often lose with that hand, then you are obviously doing something wrong.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Strong hand. Play as appropriate, 2.x raise, play further from the flop as an option. There are many options, it all depends on the situation in the game, it is important to find the right fold if something went wrong.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play QQ aggressively, I avoid giving my opponents free cards, I always pay attention to the board, any different card makes me review the strength of my hand, I always try to pay attention to opponents, and if necessary, I leave the hand.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the worst premium hand ever. But they also win and have the right to play. Another thing is how to play them in order to reduce losses and increase value. All this is written in many books, I just fulfill the requirements of the theory.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree my friend

[QQUOTE = deputat777; 5935578] Chances loose concept.QQ mão realmente forte, mas qualquer outra mão como 99 pode atingir QQ. Definitivamente não vale a pena jogar all-in. [/ QUOTE]

I fully agree my friend. I still have a lot to learn. and stop pushing all in with pocket AA KK and QQ is one of them

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree my friend

Bem, você mesmo respondeu sua própria pergunta, dizendo que há poucas chances ... Aconselho você a fazer uma aposta pequena e nada mais com um par de mão, mas é melhor pegar um set

I fully agree my friend. I still have a lot to learn. and stop pushing all in with pocket AA KK and QQ is one of them

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is true

Você deve jogar QQ corretamente. Você não deve sempre apostar all-in com esta mão, você pode ver o flop. E se você não sabe o que fazer, pressione o botão de desistência. Uma frase muito boa, que tento seguir ..

Is true spoke it all. Thank you for the advice. they are with the opinion and advice of you that I become a better player every day. thank you very much for the advice

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if my stack is less than 25bb I play all-in, if more than 50 then call and see the flop.

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BET preflop + continuation

In any position BET preflop + continuation, and if someone to raise, I go allin, or call some allin. But it depends on where the bubble is.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I create a thread on exactly the same topic a little while ago. I almost hate getting this hand. Just cant seem to win with it. Its definitely got a hex over me at the moment.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Call any bet at the start, on the flop if A or K comes fold hand if a big bet comes.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very difficult to paly the pair, It depends on situations, no?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite simply, QQ is the third best starting hand preflop. And so you should almost always aim to raise with her, which means playing either an open-raise (2.5-3bb) or a 3-bet. It is not easy to fold QQ preflop, but it will be a good decision if you clearly feel that by the nature of the bets your opponent is most likely holding KK or AA.