How to play QQ?

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I limp to a raise from early or middle position, if opponents raise from late position I make 3bet. And so you need to look at the play of opponents at the table.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no magic formula to play QQ, or ANY other starting hand for that matter.
Depending on each situation, each hand have their own "playability" pre and post-flop. There are situations where even pocket kings can be folded pre-flop, and a T-high hand can call a bluffer until the end. Those are rare, but nevertheless, doable.
It all depends on each situation. Geez, we all know even a pocket aces could be dropped pre-flop if the player have a plan and stick to it no matter what (we have seen Fishman's hand dodging Laak's quad-sixes, right?).

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need bet before
Same you have a bet before you need put re raise

But if you have a other bet you need think about of position and your stack e other things

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre. If that isn't exciting enough for you then I would open raise or 3 bet, and then c bet frequently, and make villain pay to see more cards.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Having QQ hand, I often play all in.With AA, KK and AK I simply double, but `m afraid to do that with QQ!

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When someone raise I will reraise it. If villain jams I will fold.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ must be played aggressively before the flop. After the flop, if you don't hit either A, or K and not three cards of the same suit on community cards, the aggressive betting method must be continued.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I totally agree, pokerstas is becoming king in those bads, I play on other platforms, but there are bads that I practically only see there, depending on the level of the mtt

I don't like raising pre-flop with queens or any pair smaller than kings at no limit or pot limit. If an ace flops you're almost certainly dead, and if someone re-raises anything smaller isn't worth the candle.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I call them my hand of death. LOL. I love the ladies but I wish they would be a bit nicer to me!!!! On 30 bigs or less I'm calling an all in with them pre flop, unless there is some sort of weird icm situation. I feel like I lose these flips more often than I should. Hoping the lucky ladies will start outperforming soon.