How to play QQ?

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beat, lol

Today I played the Cardschat $50 Social, in my third hand I was on the button and I had KK, everyone had folded, I have $ 1900 And I bet $ 360, the SB calls, the BB goes allin .. I call allin, SB call allin ..
SB: A10
BB: A10
Me: KK

FLOP 3J7
TURN: A <WTF>
RIVER: 8

Only POKERSTARS the king of the Bad Beat

I totally agree, pokerstas is becoming king in those bads, I play on other platforms, but there are bads that I practically only see there, depending on the level of the mtt

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great advice

Only 3-bet. Poker is an unpredictable game. Sometimes when you have a QQ hand, your opponent will have a full house with 28. It is necessary to maintain composure and monitor each stage of the distribution, not forgetting to take into account the position

great advice. pure truth, we are often surprised, even if we aggressively come out pre-flop

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right

I always like to open strong QQ so I take initiative and prevent other players from entering the hand

is the right way to play, if the person dominates positions well in table strength of opponents. otherwise it will go all in even, lol

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i gree u

In general, I agree with you. But if you lose all the time with strong cards, then it is obvious that you are still doing something wrong

it's true, I agree with you, it is not all the time more according to the variation and positions of the table and level of the tournament and the players

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's right

Last night I played freerolls and and at first i got QQ and called all in,to AK, A and K came on the table and I was busted.
Later on i doubled my stack on an other freeroll, QQ all in, and i won against 88.

that's right, there are good times and bad times with QQ, it's part of the game, we always hope for good, lol

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet pre flop, bet the flop and then depending on the table decide if you fold or not...

The worst you can do is not raise pre flop and too many players are in leading to possible hands to beat your QQ

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isolate if you have 25+bb ,and all in if you have <20bb

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I suppose you are asking for tournaments as there are not much huge cash players on the forum asking such question. Unless it goes 4-bet then 5-bet preflop, and I am below 100bb's, against competent or semi-competent players, I always get it in. At 100-120bb, it is situational, mostly I get it in if I get action, against nits who do not have 3-bet bluff and 4-bet bluff range I may hero fold sometimes. If its a bounty tournament and there is a huge bounty on other players, I still always call100bb+ . Preflop I push if<20bb and raise-call if more BB. In certain fields where they let me get away with it, I do not simplify to push fold, instead between 12-15bb I still have both a raise and a push range, balanced out. Letting me to play twice as many hands pre and take more blinds... Queens is definitely a minraise- then call shove hand in that case.

For cash games, I mainly play live, regardless I always get it in up to 200bb both live and online, online against weaker nitty regs I may find a fold, my live pools always play super deep so there QQ with 200bb is kinda similar as having QQ with 50bb on a 100bb average table. Cannot fold either. ( local gambling regulation thing where everyone has to play super deep if they want to play high stakes..)

Against 4-bets I always call, 5-bets are situational, against tight players I snap fold, against balanced players I have a mixed strategy and tend to call more in position, if its button vs sb or bb I always get it in, cutoff vs BU I usually also do so, any other position i mainly fold to 5-bets against tighter or average players.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone is raise you, then it's better to 3BB, but it's depends of situation, and position.
If someone it's raise, and someone will make 3BB, and you're on button, then it's better to go ALL-IN.
Sometimes you can play even limp on the button if everyone will fold or a little value of bet.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, thats a tricky one, have range awareness of ur opponents and u can play it adequatly

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ is a premium hand. You can use it to raise from any position. Even if an opponent raised before you, I would 3-bet with QQ. If an opponent raised after you, I would only call. If your opponent makes a 4-bet you could also think about a fold. Most of the time he will have aces or kings. But you can also call and hope for the drilling. At least no ace or king should come on the flop for you to continue playing QQ. If you were the aggressor pre-flop, you have to c-bet. With a draw-heavy flop, you have to protect your hand. If an ace or a king came on the flop, you have to find out where you stand. If an opponent raises again while an ace or king has come on the flop, you can be sure that your queens are not enough and fold.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Open fold if UTG. Rest positions it's okay hand to play.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no exact formula for how to play with QQ. It all depends on the opponents, position, stack, stage of the tournament. But I rarely fold such a hand.

B

bonanza337

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depence but i prefer to fold it like aq

b1ackb0ne

b1ackb0ne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ is a premium hand. You can use it to raise from any position. Even if an opponent raised before you, I would 3-bet with QQ. If an opponent raised after you, I would only call. If your opponent makes a 4-bet you could also think about a fold. Most of the time he will have aces or kings. But you can also call and hope for the drilling. At least no ace or king should come on the flop for you to continue playing QQ. If you were the aggressor pre-flop, you have to c-bet. With a draw-heavy flop, you have to protect your hand. If an ace or a king came on the flop, you have to find out where you stand. If an opponent raises again while an ace or king has come on the flop, you can be sure that your queens are not enough and fold.
Agree.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally play pot with QQ just in case someone lands an ace on the flop and I want to preserve some of my chips. I notice that a lot of the times the ace or even a king comes out whereby if I go all in, I will take myself out of the game.

Beatlebug

G

gio1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an intermediate hand which I always play as an all-in to avoid that some bad beat is encouraged to break my cards, you always have to evaluate the type of players at the table to make a correct decision so it is not so safe a victory

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree

Pocket QQs play just like the other two cards you decide to play for the pot. Of course, if you are not a fan of trash hands. This hand is good preflop. Raise 3-4 BB, and then the card will fall. :qc4::qs4: !?

I fully agree. I don't like playing with junk cards. QQ are one of my favorites

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good way to play

with QQ I call or place a 2.5X bet on the preflop. after the flop and play according to my reading of the villains and especially my position at the table!

good way to play

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: They raise strong preflop, if they throw me a remainder, I pay, but I usually don't like to throw a remainder before the flop with QQ...