How to play QQ?

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no right or wrong way to play any hand. There's only what works at the time. The best hands can lose and the worst hands can win. Poker is a cruel game. Have fun with it.

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play QQ with a three bet to test to would call, and weather or not they had a good hand, and play like there AA.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was really great!

Great question....following this thread.

it was really great! I believe that this topic has helped a lot of people, as well as it has helped me a lot and many other friends who follow the tips here. welcome

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tnx you for the advice

if you have a good read on the players that you are up against, you already know who will call with a good hand and who will call with garbage, either way, make them pay with smart betting. Even though you may lose, you do gain respect and they will be less likely to call when you are strong, or if you want to bluff.

it is true. great advice, I have adopted this method and the respect that we create is incredible. great advice. thank you

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree

for sure it will help me a lot too, because I have this feeling too that I play with a lot more of cards and people, so it is always good to hear and read ideas of people who manage to go out on the extraordinary, of everyone with cards and turn to the less probably like a magic trick. lol

good choice, linked with more tokens than birthday cards

we are together, and evolving every day, great games for us

In my case I play strong before the flop, but always taking into account the type of tournament and the table position.

truth. I also believe that depending on the situation it is the best approach we can take, because normally when we think about how to play with QQ, we are already halfway through the tournaments

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all right

Depending on chip stack and tournament position in relation to money bubble I am usually going to try to double up or end up getting busted out.

you're right. I learned this in the worst way possible, on the day. today I am having much more success in my games with QQ. with the advice and tips here. thank you all

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
justly

3 bet and if they go all in i put it all in too. Its strong hand but it can be beat it from some worst.

because that's what happened to me, today I have changed and been more successful

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're curious about when to play QQ (or any other ranges) Jonathan Little's coaching site offers free ranges for different stack depths. This video gives a good overview of how to use them:

There's also a link to the actual charts in the video's description, though I think you need to sign up for his mailing list to access them.

As far as post-flop playing QQ that takes a little more practice, but IMO if you just get called and there are over cards you should still c-bet. If it's a draw heavy board that bricks the turn you should continue if the turn is a brick, but if the caller has A/K or nothing you might just have to shutdown (unless you think the caller(s) would give up weaker top pairs).

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i gree

with qq i always shove all in pre flop

I agree. 60% of my QQ game goes all-in preflop. because managing depending on the position at the table, the amount of chips and the opponent's value, I'm not going all-in pre-flop is opening up a range of options for my opponents, so many times I still opt for all-in too

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally agree

It will always depend on the type of game, the stage of the tournament, your stack and the opponents, the style of the opponents, several factors, it is often necessary to give up even with AA and KK, or even after hitting trips or two pair on the flop , the most difficult is knowing when to take a risk or when to quit. That's why this game is so interesting.

it is true! I totally agree. no matter the time of the player, or the moves he has had, we will always see situations that will surprise us to the point of breathtaking. I'm everything a player can be when it comes to loving the game (sports poker)

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: pair of queens in hand I like to raise strong pre flop, I don't like to play ALL-IN before the flop, I like to see the flop first if low cards come out I follow the bet.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

Definitely, 99% try to go pre-flop all-in, given situations, phases - I play only tourneys - I can fold on flop easily, if 2+ opponents are in, and there is A and/or K on the flop, or something like 678, and one of them wants to have the all-in. if no wild action on flop, then on the turn, mostly for the doubled cards on the board, what for I can fold, like 661010 or the 4 same color (not a match with my cards) on the board. Even I lose sometimes, it still stands correct, I am very profitable with QQs. (Doing better with QQ than KK....)

truth fully agree. I also have a lot more gains with QQ than with KK. but I'm still more comfortable all in, even taking AA. as it happened to me now again in the bubble I just came out of now. but I can’t complain because with them I’m raising my bankholl. average victories 6 \ 10 tournaments

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya

What position you get QQ in is also important how you play queens. More aggressive in late position than under the gun.
of course also depends on what action of other players takes place

Yes Yes. I like to play more aggressively and feel safer by going all-in with QQ preflop. but I am educating myself to read the table, with the intention of avoiding going into hands that should be giving up

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happy to get it all in preflop on most occasion but happy to see a flop and go from there also. Wins money more often than not.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

difficult, but JJ is harder

truth. in my opinion JJ is one of the worst pairs of hands to play, lol. I lose more with this pair in question than any other pair in my hand. now the best to play in my opinion is QQ, however much you may lose to KK and AA

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the points to note that you posted

The notion that there is one way to play a hand, or any one particular hand that should NEVER be played is absurd. QQ is a low premium starting hand. It's actual strength depends on a number of things:
- where are you sitting (position) ?
- what is the action leading into you?
- are you early, mid or late tournament?
- what are the players like who follow you?
- what is your stack size?
- what is the effective stack size?
My only concrete advice is that I'm unlikely to fold this hand preflop without a good reason.

But as with anything, the interesting bit is what happens after the flop.
A set of queens? Again, all the above questions reiterate.
A dry board?
A wet board?
A, K, boards.
Paired boards?
Flush Draws?
Straight draws?
My point is: there simply isn't one single way to play QQ (or any other hand).

However, GTT or ICM can tell you, given the right inputs, what portion of the time you should fold, call, small raise or large raise. But for most of us, this is a step or two beyond (for now).

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Hello my friend. great placements and observations. when I posted this topic, I still had a lot to learn. today I have much more knowledge thanks to your tips here. whenever possible, I read and answer them all. because I believe that one is helping the other. I grew a lot as a player with tips like yours. thanks. and JJ for me are the worst cards to play, lol I prefer to play with 33, lol now QQ is better, I prefer QQ than AK. thanks again for the points to be noted

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
QQ

play QQ ... I guess there are a thousand ways to play them and everyone will defend their position on what is the right way to play them ... and there will be a thousand opinions ... I guess it doesn't depend on the situation at the table. The aggressive premium will always be the usual but let's not forget that there are 2 premiums ahead as AA or KK. that will almost always raise you but there will be many AX and KX who will play them in the call and you just have to know how to take care not to enlarge the pot and all that ... poker is so complicated and beautiful in the At the same time that I will never let you be like that fish forever

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
forgiveness

Sorry I used a Spanish to English translator ... but it did not translate well on how to play QQ situation ... it was a disaster but I guess they understood me ... the last part where I explain that I am recreational And I don't know if when I play the QQ I play them right or wrong ...

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play QQ cautiously, I just lost an All-in with AA to QQ. So they do play pretty well if played right.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends completely on position! And how many are in the pot when the decision is made.
Mostly I play it carefully. QQ is a good start....but it's winning percentage is not as good as other hands

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play QQ the same way i play any other pocket pair like it's a winner till it's not, any pocket pair can win at anytime or lose the same just my opinion :confused:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on your position, but I always play the QQ always betting hard so that no donk gets in the hand to do nonsense.