rgds

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i gree

It is exactly like that. There are some players who just limp high pocket pairs and then allow many players to be involved in the hand ... that's where premium hands like QQ + lose a lot of value in my opinion. :)

I agree with your opinion, because on that day I lost to a 333, if I had left more aggression I would not have given a chance for a 33 to enter the play since the bets were already very high and we had the same amount of chips

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on what are you playing, how is your stack and how the table is playing. But in tournments if the table is agressive i usually all in with QQ

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending of position and stack size. Early position...Play it soft and see the bet range to follow. Late in position if not a lot of action....Play it strong, but according to stacks in front of you. And always check your notes/

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: a strong bet pre flop, if there is a raise, I call or re-raise it certainly, in a strong way, and if the flop comes low, of course I continue the bet, I hardly like ALL-IN before the flop.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

Friend, all hands are good to play, the problem is that many people think that when they take hands like QQ, KK and AA the deck has to give 100% of the times of victories to these hands, and forget that variance happens constantly and is normal. Of course there are numerous situations where you have to play cautiously QQ, but this also depends on the tournament stages, bubble, ITM, BB, villain range among other factors. It is an interesting question and worth the debate, but I will not extend any further.

Good luck at the tables!

ok, thanks for the comment, and sorry for the delay in replying i'm answering everyone as far as possible, good games for you too brother

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

Well I make a strong call first about 4-5 BB to take out as many ppl as possible. If there is an A one K on the flop I make another call of 3 bb to slow a bit down. If he they go ahead you might just have to let it go and fold after.

I agree, many times this is really the best option, because it is better to recover in the next hand than to be eliminated by an A or K

G

Govin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you.
The fact also is that the chances of winning is about 68% and carries a positive EV.
In the the long run you will always be a winner.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the curious thing is that most of the time that all in with KK I lost to AA, but QQ most of the time I was the winner

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two dd always pleasing to the eye though not the best hand card but it is easier to play with it as with any smaller pair on hands. therefore it is necessary to play more aggressively with this pair

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello. I do not think it is appropriate to give advice on this issue. It all depends on the type of game, the players at the table, your pot ... in tournaments with a slight delay, I would enter everything.

you are right, but with advice
more experienced players find it easier to make difficult decisions

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket Queens is a very strong hand and is one of the premium hands. Still, I wouldn't always play QQ in no limit cash games. If no one raised in front of me I would always raise with QQ from any position. After the flop, I c-bet. Even if I have 3 opponents and the flop brings AK4. After all, you can represent an ace or a king and your opponents may not have hit anything and fold. If one of your opponents raises you can be very sure that you are beaten and you can fold. If one of your opponents calls your c-bet after an ace or king came on the flop, you have to play more carefully and if your opponent makes a big bet you fold on the turn or river. If it has been raised more than once preflop before you, you must fold QQ. It is quite possible that someone has AA or KK. If someone raised after you preflop, I would either call or fold. When you and your opponent have full stacks you can call and speculate on a drilling. However, if your opponent already puts all in after you or doesn't have much money left, I would fold because it's often not worth it. Things are a little different in tournaments. Your opponents will move all in preflop with much worse hands. Calling with QQ here is almost always the right decision.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically QQ is not far from JJ, and we all know how to player that one :(

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I shoved QQ preflop this morning at a freeroll table :D
At this table everybody was limping or calling everything since the start of the tournament and we had a lot of family pots that I don't like.
So I was at the button and went all in because I did not want to have 8 opponents.
I was called by a guy handling QJos who of course hit a straight :rolleyes:

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played QQ wrong today in the freeroll. I shoved against 99 and was unlucky to see another 9 on the flop. Actually in this case any other strong pair won't help to win but its just matter of luck

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
complicated

I have been running quite bad with QQ lately...When I have 3 bet them in position and everytime I get 4 bet by villain, only to find out I'm against KK or AA, when I call the flop comes out awfully bad with A K X.
But anyways, theoretically speaking, QQ fares well against top 15% of range, so in the long run it should even out.
I think we need to stick to fundamentals, QQ is a premium hand pre flop, but if you get 4 bet or 5 bet even, then you probably are in bad shape, and if flop comes A K X, definitely tread carefully as it is now downgraded into a marginal made hand so check/fold might be the best way to go.

I fully agree and I admire those who play like this, because from 3bb and taking risks on the flop onwards is not easy, so depending on the position on the table and the amount of chips in question, you have already gone all in pre-flop, if you pay we will see, but if you run, already profit with the high pot

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i gree

I really like pocket QQs. Especially when there are only low cards on the flop. Then I try to raise a little higher than normal for others to fold and prevent the turn / river card from having an A / K.

I agree, but always remembering to leave more aggressive, because that day in question I lost to 333, because I didn't go so aggressive, if I was all in that day, maybe he would have fold

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
complicated

I played QQ wrong today in the freeroll. I shoved against 99 and was unlucky to see another 9 on the flop. Actually in this case any other strong pair won't help to win but its just matter of luck

this situation is very complicated, I can’t even talk much, today I lost with AA in my hand, to a 96, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. the guy got involved with a 96 and won with a straight, but doing what is part