Do you think studying póker makes you win?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree experience plays a huge role, if there is no fundamental knowledge, then it is impossible to win anything. If you have good material for learning poker other than the basics, or there is someone who could train, then it would be nice if you guys sent me this material.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but it will give you insight as to why you are losing !

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say partly yes. But the main work is analysing own mistakes and learning from it. Thats one of the biggest reasons why lots of people dont win. Its easy for humans to blame others but accepting own mistakes and correcting them (playing more rational) is the real art.

And thats why i think studying poker or reading books about poker help because they give you an introduction how to do it.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying poker, poker thinking very often helps me in the game, and the ability to lose has a good effect on the emotional state, which is very important in the game.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing is studying, playing is not reading; reading is studying; play more than reading is better than read more than playing.:D

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that in the long term yes, if you put into practice what you studied!

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I am sure it will long term.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Studying poker will surely increase your winnings

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study the Poker of knowledge but to win you have to have strategy and institution, you have to play a lot of hands in order to have that experience to win tournaments, you must risk many hands in order to win:D

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Unpredictability is what distinguishes poker from many other games in the first place.Calculation and luck organically coexist here, and this makes the game exciting ".Always keep a sober head,do not wind up from failure,do not try to operate the one who angry you with something,and then luck will come.

T

tjn0526

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying poker is important because it can help you get the most value you can get from each hand, although I feel like luck is also an important factor to watch out for as well:D

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% it win increase you win rate in long term as you can removed your bad habits and improve you skills.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can only "learn" so much,,,then it becomes about "appying" your poker knowledge at the tables.Some have "it",,,, most don't. ;)

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, because you can make many strategy on the plays

xXFelaXx

xXFelaXx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that studying poker is key to have a good game, to lear about stretegy, wich is very important. Poker tournament can be really long there for an strategy its very important

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it will improve your strategy in playing.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
studying is important if u want get better, but without the luck factor u won´t go anywhere.

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
At some point studying basics and shallow information that are in every poker game such as ranges - betting correctly, do really helps in improving your game and thinking decisions while playing. (although these information can be gained by practicing or seeing other players, doesn't need to be studied)
Studying more in depth I think its more for going against pros and high stakes players, but for mid and low stakes its fine to go with basics and improving by yourself getting more into the game.

And to answer the question if it does studying let you win?
Lets imagine you have some luck and running hot, and you haven't studied any poker material, just playing reactional. At last you won without studying, so in my opinion luck along with reasonable decision (not maniac plays) can achieve you some wins (sure not always but with time wins increases).

I can confirm it cause I was just like this, I didn't study anything at first and still made significant wins. I mean it happens with you too but it might not be always, sometimes you win and ask yourself: "wow, how I did I win it while playing just for fun?"

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing tournament or cashgames improve your poker skills better then studiyng poker

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

If you can study, seeing the professionals their style of play but this game will always be about decisions

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I agree. But for any kind of evolution you have to study somehow

If you can study, seeing the professionals their style of play but this game will always be about decisions

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One think i realiced after studying poker is that it really helps as long as you have yourself under control in special situations. For example since knowing the most important start hands i call much less in S&Gs which gives me higher chances to win. So in the end my biggest win is to learn from my own mistakes.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion , I say yes....when I started playing I wasn't using tools or anything ...not knowing anything about poker.
And after finally studying poker I became better with my playing

yujiizumi

yujiizumi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To win

Yes, poker is estrategy. So, necessary study to a good play.