Do you think studying póker makes you win?

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously, there is always something to learn and develop within the game, some reasoning, some trick, some tip that influences the development.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you don't study the game, you will never understand it's intricacies.

Moroccanbluff26

Moroccanbluff26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all you need it’s some basics for beginners

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure u'll gonna win a lot more by studying, because there are a lot of concepts in poker that are anti intuitive, so by studying u learn how to do the more profitable plays that will be profitable in the long run.
Always focus on the long run with u wanna be a winner, don't be attached to results, only in the process.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not in some variations..

Holdem, studying can help a lot. With Omaha, luck rules. In one session you see two four of a kind, for example. All you can do is shake your head, and go back to the hold 'em tables, where variance isn't as dominant.

V

vaselbrassel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
world wide web

this game is mental

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a matter of playing many tournaments and getting to know the game and rivals

Undoubtedly studying will make you win much more. Practice is very important, as you mentioned, and also realizing how your opponents play is also a form of study, only in real time, which will make you have less use.
When you complement the practice, the observation, and in the post game you study, you will optimize your results even more.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it is a matter of playing many tournaments and getting to know the game and rivals

When you decide to start some activity, work, sport or game, if you don't study and mainly put into practice what you learned, you will hardly become a professional. In poker it is no different, if you want to reach a professional level, you will have to study, in order to improve your game. But if you play for fun like me, then you don't need to delve too deep into your studies, the basics will do. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is the best and most probable that you obtain enough information by studying the game and thus you can have more advantage than the others, the position of the table, bet or not, see the probabilities that you have in hand, position yourself as an aggressive or passive player , but well that's poker and one of the most important things about the game is experience, you can have all the knowledge of the game but if you don't apply it in real life nothing will help you to know everything about poker

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would never have learned things needed to play if I had not searched them on the books, internet, hand analysis...

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of my many books on Poker is "The Mammoth book of poker" which dedicates whole chapters on the different formats of the game, from Holdem, Omaha, Razz, Stud and many many more, it is the best investment I ever made.
Books by professional Players like Brunson, Helmut, and Greenstein are pretty good but generally only give an overview of the game from their perspective and most of the time is spent on their Poker history and how they approach different hands.
But overall the best lessons I learned was from Cardschat "How to be a Winning player in 30 days" When I first started the course I thought that I knew everything that came up, but! there is nothing wrong in revisiting the course and going over it time and again, after all isn't that what students do when preparing for an exam. Study, Study and more Study.
Poker evolves over time and changes with every game that's played the only way to keep up with the changes is to play and learn from your mistakes, through hand analysis and study. Just like driving a car is nothing like driving 30 years ago, the highway code changes and new road signs come out, so you have to study over and over again to keep up with the new rules of the road.
Experience is the best method of learning anything, after all you can read all the books in the World on Brain Surgery, but until you get someone under your knife, you cannot call yourself a Brain Surgeon.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(or take up Surgery) ;);)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, learning will always make you better, but only if you correctly assimilate and apply new knowledge in poker.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just studying, no, but when you seek to apply what you learn by studying in practice, it does make a big difference in your development in any area and of course in poker it couldn't be different. The more information you can assimilate from different points of view and adapt to your game, the more tools you'll have to put into practice when opportunities arise.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I improved my game by watching YouTube videos only, where poker professionals review their students' tournaments. As I don't intend to become a professional, I think just watching these videos helps me a lot. Good luck to everyone at the tables.:)

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all the new info you learn ...
how could it not make you a better player?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course. I would never have learned all things I need to play just for playing again and again. Study theory, study hand analysis, study the players.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly studying poker makes you win, when you study various game situations, therefore when you go through one of them you will be more prepared to make the best decision

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes if you pick up a chip from other players:confused:

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Honestly, I study a little, due to the time I have, but in the meetings I like to observe the players and take notes, to use them in the same table that I'm playing.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Yes 100 percent it will make you better, there’s no doubt. The study alongside play will make it perfect lessons to learn

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study & practice polish your skills and eliminates your leaks. So it should make you better player. Do not play on rigged site. Play on well known sites! Luck is always a factor, so foes your EQ!

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly the study of poker is important, but continuous practice of the game leads to good results.