Do you think studying póker makes you win?

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly it helps, It doesn't make you sure you're going to win, but it gets you closer to it.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that it helps a lot. However, experience also plays an important part. And of course there's luck. It's hard to win without luck.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think it does, but for some it might help. It can give you good ideas…

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A coach would be best, but watching pros play might also help, as also they tend to make mistakes, only on a higher level.
And I feel,mistakes, when spotted with others., can help you recognize them with yourself.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
No . I do not believe anyone who are saying ,that you can be PRO. Because no one is pro in online poker. All online poker is just based on luck! When poker room want you to lose , it Gives you AA and A in flop. And You will lose anyway agains players !

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No . I do not believe anyone who are saying ,that you can be PRO. Because no one is pro in Online poker. All online poker is just based on luck! When poker room want you to lose , it Gives you AA and A in flop. And You will lose anyway agains players !

Yet so many Professional players got there start and many have made millions playing online poker.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe in small precentage can help but i think on more precentage winning tournaments depends on your luck and skills.

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a matter of playing many tournaments and getting to know the game and rivals

I don’t think it can harm to study. I started using charts for preflop hands to play from each position and betsize, I gotta say I last longer and my play is much better.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think studying poker is fine in moderation. But there can also be information overload, you also have to understand what you are studying. Poker is also evolving, so you also have to evolve.

I think getting help is the way to go, having someone, watch and evaluate your game, these people that teach, will be able to spot the flaws in your game better than you will, they will help you understand, where is goes wrong and how to improve it.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it makes.because after studying my game become more stable

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
estudiar poker

hello. I don't think that just by studying you're going to win. but if it will help you improve your game

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes of course, that if you must have, a lot of knowledge, in the game, in order to have good results. :D

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has a big learning curve and you have to adapt to how other players play, so study is very important to become an above average player.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's never too late to study or review knowledge, but playing is essential to improve knowledge, learn from your mistakes and get to know your opponents.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing is better way of learning, so start out on play money

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play

clear for sure. A good study makes all the difference.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
but of course it has to be that way. It is very obvious that people who spend more time studying are going to have better results in poker in the long run. I don't think you can be a winner at the tables without studying. now I think that after playing infinity
Hands-on one adapts to the game's metagame and I don't know if that can be taken as a study, most likely it is because I don't think there is a single study method.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

J

JcktheBear100

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying has improved my game!

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at some stage, especially at the beginning, learning poker and its basics is a must for a productive game.but in the future, you need to study the players you play with, the poker plots themselves fade into the background.especially in live poker.to switch to the study of players, you need to bring the basics of poker to automatism, I think so.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't think you can say "studying will make you win". Studying will definitely improve your game, but it's still not enough. You also need experience, and that requires practice. A lot of it. Now the question could become : Are study and practice going to make you win ? I think the answer will be still NO. What makes poker one of the best games human mind came up with is certainly the number of factors it involves. Among others, I now can think of some math concepts, patience, perseverance, self control and even some psychology....
STILL, all of the above can only make you a better player, not "make you win", but help you win "more often" kind of.
I hope I don't sound too pessimistic here, just tried to be as realistic as I could...GL...

Last edited:
D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it depends on what is "winning" for you. If its just to enter ITM or even maybe get 1st place on a tourney you can win without it by just getting lucky (harder but possible). If you mean become a profitable player and someone who wins a lot and have edge over that field its no guarantee that you will win but you'll sure need to study.

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As people have alluded to, studying alone will not make you win. But I have found it is definitely an important part of learning and developing your skills and improving your ability.

The community on here is amazing and will definitely help. Keep studying a d practicing and you will surely improve your game.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker is arguably the most addictive card game ever played, whether offline or, more commonly, currently online. Ian Taylor, Matthew Hilger "Poker Thinking" is a unique creation of two poker pros. As the authors say, this is not the most important book, but one of the most necessary reading, which will help you master the highest skill of the card game. Whether you're a beginner or an avid player, it doesn't really matter. The main thing in the game is to understand the psychological techniques and be able to use them.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a matter of playing many tournaments and getting to know the game and rivals

Yes, experience definitely plays its part in improving of your game, but just like in any other game, there are fundamentals that need to be learned.

And no matter how many hours of playing experience you have, if you lack fundamental knowledge, your opponents who had taken effort to study the game will always have an upper hand.

alan222lomax

alan222lomax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It can't do any harm. But playing consistently and with consistency helps you win.