Building from a baby bankroll

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quote from Oz:
I'm going to suggest you consider yourself "rolled" for a level when you've got 50 or more, that you don't move up in levels until you've got that much or more for the new level and that you move straight back down if you run bad at the new level.

To many players forget that moving down is part of BRM. Once they move up, that is it, and they play a losing streak at the new level to zero bankroll.

skiptomyloot

skiptomyloot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
VERY GOOD TIPS. Very straight forward and direct towards any new players aiming to do this.

Yeti Trix

Yeti Trix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a good read. Bank role management is something I've struggled with for a while. No more deposits for me, but the next freeroll I win, I'm definitely going to be disciplined with it.

cal3132

cal3132

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good post, Im new and still learning. Was a good read with some interesting concepts to take forward. Thanks for the effort of sharing knowledge

ikerakos

ikerakos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for this post! It's really useful for new players! :cool:

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice. Pretty much, but building bankroll is never easy.

juanchoak

juanchoak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I´ve once read an article by Chris Ferguson, it was called "from zero to hero". It was his quest to win 10 thousand dollars starting with nothing only playing freerolls at the start, i think its somewhere in the forum.

Good luck all.

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is some great advise to be able to come back to from time to time and remind ourselves what it takes to have good BRM management.
I have to say I am horrible at it myself. If I win alot I take it off the site or spread it around to other sites. If I go on a downswing I do play a different game to switch it up before I lose my $$ tilting from trying and trying when its not my day. I think having too many sites is not a good thing either because my time is spread out too much and I don't focus on any certain game as much as I probably should..
Thanks for the post . Great read.

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to build my bankroll by slowly playing freerolls and building it up.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
too often online money is treated like monopoly money. Cash out when you hit a target and get cash in hand.. it'll make the money in your account seem more real.

zarrmonster

zarrmonster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management

Good post. I have small bankrolls at most of the sites I play. One or two of them are very minimal mainly because the payouts are small but hey they were won from playing freerolls so cant complain.

Good luck to all on and off the felt!:) :)

P

pata2004

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new in poker but I like play tight and agressive. I know that I can lost all bank, but with the right odds I can have a good return.

GAmadbomber

GAmadbomber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great post sir, I have been playing for some years and have to take BRM more serious. Now, that I am a bit older my patience is a lot better. I will def. keep my BRM goals on track. Then I can share my experience with others.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I ask that the club forgive me for my ignorance

thank you for the wonderful post , you could answer all my initial question how to build a bankroll , for not well know the site opened a DISCUSSION with that theme , I ask that the club forgive me for my ignorance and superficiality of my post , and there is this complete my Intent was to seek sugesstoes they formed an idea with your

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of great points to consider. One of the biggest ( and toughest) things to do is be honest with yourself on your skill level compared to your competition. If you are sitting at a table with players better than you, find a new table. Even if it means sitting around waiting for a seat to open. And if you are having a rough day, assess why or quit. Don't try to chase your losses. It's a certain way to go from low roll to no roll.

ChillinVillian

ChillinVillian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im doing somthing wrong ?

I've been playing ACR freerolls for like 6 months and only 2 cashes which I lost trying to sat into larger tournys . I suppose I need to get a larger bankroll before trying the sat side . $ 2.50 is a bunch lol .

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much choice for you at this point. Grind out those free rolls.

R

Raisindepth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a good peace thank you,
To me its important i have deepstack's slow blinds and not too big fields.
I do not like cash games that much so i limit myself to 1$ mtt's thats my game and that sucks as my B.R is about 10$ per 2/3 weeks :p just keeping it going untill i get there. i dont mind the swing's in MTT i actually can stand that very well i feel the players once getting deeper are more thinking about their play then most other flipping players in micro SNG or cash table's
for the record i am well aware i dont BRM at this moment with 10$ br and 1$ mtt's ;)

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think really you have to grind freerolls across multiple sites and build up from there. Also you will also have to deposit to withdraw so if you want to go down this process. My advice would be to deposit either by skrill/paypal so you can move around money quickly rather then using ukash/debit cards. But i would start with freerolls and as many as possible

A

Andres_0

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to know what is the best way to do a decent bankroll?
SnGs
Tournaments
Cash games: No limit holdem or Pot limit omaha

Z

zooboss

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me, u should play freeroll games for a week or two before deposit just for getting familliar with basics: hands, positions etc.

C

clarence crumpet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is exactly what I came to CC looking to get experience with, been wasting too much money chasing the big win.

G

guch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually bust my bankrolls by unsuccsessful bluffs and wrong squeeze spots.. Then i lose confidence and and its hard to for me to regain it . I wish i could control my mental game lil bit more.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management