You HAVE to make $10 a day playing poker

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Huh then you must know freerolls that I know nothing about, otherwise I have no idea how you could possibly make that much. And even if it's in theory possible, variance in freerolls will be high so you will not get that far so often. So I think in reality this is impossible
Earning $ 10 a day with frerrolls doesn't seem impossible, but playing cash is more logical to do. The difference is in the time spent.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Earning $ 10 a day with frerrolls doesn't seem impossible, but playing cash is more logical to do. The difference is in the time spent.

Yea maybe if u are platinum member here with those freerolls added u could maybe do it but I don't think anyone who is serious about poker to make money would stick to freerolls, maybe just to start.. Also in my country most poker sites are banned or illegal, well I still play on some of those 'illegal' sites, like the only legit ones are pokerstars, bwin & unibet, and some smaller uninteresting little sites like Ladbrokes. So most of those freerolls wouldn't even be able to play them, Tigergaming used to have good freerolls often but I think that stopped as well.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea maybe if u are platinum member here with those freerolls added u could maybe do it but I don't think anyone who is serious about poker to make money would stick to freerolls, maybe just to start.. Also in my country most poker sites are banned or illegal, well I still play on some of those 'illegal' sites, like the only legit ones are pokerstars, bwin & unibet, and some smaller uninteresting little sites like ladbrokes. So most of those freerolls wouldn't even be able to play them, Tigergaming used to have good freerolls often but I think that stopped as well.
Yes, I don't know what is happening, but lately the gaming platforms that you mention are also banned in my country, and the ones that I play, freerolls are getting scarcer every day, they have even eliminated them like on Vbet.com-

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need to try. I will write when the result will be.
It remains only to find a source of income.

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Betsson used to have freerolls with only 800ish players playing for a 1 to 3k prize pool + MTT tickets. And Also other more regular freerolls. I managed to win an MTT ticket and then win that MTT, so in that sense it's doable. Dunno if you can average 10 a day though.
I dunno if the player pools are as small after they moved over to ipoker
I think your best chances with freerolls are if you live in a country like Malta that allows any poker site online I think, so you can play all freerolls... In total there are a lot but thing is most countries have lots of poker sites banned/illegal so you are restricted to just a few and already have to be lucky they offer freerolls... And surprisingly even freerolls on legit sites in my country I can sometimes not play like on pokerstars.com or Ladbrokes which are not available in my specific country (the providers are but not the freerolls).

There used to be more & better freerolls indeed, noticed that too, for example half the freerolls on unibet have become shit too like top 8 gets a 1€ ticket but it's almost impossible to eventually get a 500€ or so unibet open package from that lol, and even then ur not ITM yet... I used to win a cardschat freeroll there and got a 25eu unibet open ticket and then u can split that into 6x 4€ ticket to increase your chances. But ye only the winner received a ticket like that, a handful players a 4€ ticket and a lot 2-1eu but then the road is very long.
The normal freerolls on Acr/Bcp are trash too only "private" ones like those from here or jackpotfreerolls etc are still worth it. But freerolls I'm sure get boring after some time & then it's harder to play serious as well, for me I always see the lower buyin I play the less serious I play, and in freerolls you can get careless I assume..

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The variation in the freeroll is huge, you don't always get good positions, I understand that the resources that poker gives us are many but, the chance is so much that pure bad beats collapse the good plays, some maniac fish takes everything putting their bad hands and a macana takes them anyway

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads up battles at low buy ins like a dollar or 2 you can make that ten dollars a day

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The easier way for me.for grinding is mtts and cash tables. But who got patience with freerolls is cooo

HitCo33

HitCo33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing with scared money is always a recipe for disaster, so I would try the freeroll route if I had enough access to sites. Maybe a couple of sub 50c games, but I think making $10 p/d on freerolls should be pretty easy

I dunno about being able to make it on freerolls because the field is usually huge and it takes way too long so if you don't cash you wasted all your time. And yep never play with scared money, it leaves you. I would prob try half on a .05/.10 NLH cash game and the rest on low/mid stakes MTT if you don't make it all at the cash table.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always done my best in small mtts so I'd keep to those.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 10 KO 36 player tournaments with a $ 1.00 buy-in that awards rewards for every $ 0.44 ko and prizes from 1st to 6th place.

It is a very good variant for those who have little initial capital and to add to the bankroll.

Besides, there are usually many recreational players who have little time to play.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best way for me is cash games currently. Working on my skills to improve on MTT's and hoping to play more tournaments.

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you gain ecperience in tournaments and then the profits come

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT

First off just let me say its impossible to profitable every single day, but aside from that I would go the route of the micro multi table tourneys where the prize pools are the biggest. I usually make a deep run in a few and whichever ones I do I would do my best to ensure I cash for enough to make my profit I need for the day.

A

Auswa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't focus on making money. Focus on making correct decisions based on your opponents range of hands and what your opponents will do with that range of hands. If you think you can get your opponent to fold look to make a play to get him to fold.

Managing a bankroll is about planing ahead to play future hands if you happen to get beaten. Watch rounders again where mike decides to take on johnny chan in that hand and he focuses on out playing johnny in that single hand where if he lost that hand he might have to go drive a truck for awhile to get some funds together to play again. That's one way you can approach the situation. Or you can decide to play lower stakes and if you get beaten you have the funds to play another hand.

Your choice.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the biggest challenge with this scenario is that I don't think that there are many players who could walk away, stop playing, after winning just ten dollars. A player whose goal is to win ten dollars per day probably has nothing better to do with the rest of his time.

This is soo true.:playingba

C

Csharp123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make 10 dollars a day

To make 10 a day you have to have a lot of patients and discipline. A lot of people's mistake is not quiting while your ahead and having the urge to gamble.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try playing several freerolls tournaments a day and some micro mtt

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First off just let me say its impossible to profitable every single day, but aside from that I would go the route of the micro multi table tourneys where the prize pools are the biggest. I usually make a deep run in a few and whichever ones I do I would do my best to ensure I cash for enough to make my profit I need for the day.

Really? I would have thought a good 500NL/ 1000NL player could step down to 2NL and walk it. Sure, you'll get some bad beats - but hey, you got 5 buy-ins. I say this because whenever I've played on a larger buy in event I have been so obviously outclassed. My only option would to become a push/fold nit.

J

J0k3rWright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play small sit and go double ups

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads up games is a quick way to make $10 a day! Look at it this way your always at the final table in heads up!

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you focus on an outcome like this you will lose.
Put your attention on making correct decisions, when to raise and by how much, when to fold on wet boards, what is my opponents range, does it fit his actions, etc.
If you lose, review how you played.
Focusing on a set daily target will distract from making the above decisions correctly.
Your thoughts will be revolving on how will this decision affect my target.
You should be thinking, " is this decision correct"

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some sites with ACR re-skins that may have better uptime.

I think your best option would be a mixed strategy of low buy-in ($1-$2) sit and go/double or nothing where you essentially have to finish in the top 30-50% of a mini-tournament to cash. Your likelihood is far greater in a field of 8 to 10 than in a freeroll with a field of hundreds, or even thousands sometimes.

A good starting point is this thread:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/ask-collin-moshman-katie-dozier-about-429017//

You can supplement this with low buy-in MTTs and some freerolls until you see which approach brings more consistent results.

Personally, I would avoid cash games like the plague but that's just based on my personal experience. Some people are profitable at cash games and have built up large bankrolls. The benefit of cash games is that you can gather data on regulars and build up HUD stats whereas in tournaments you may not often see the same faces.

Hi again,

I replied to this thread (see above) and, whilst my advice about SNGs still applies, I'd like to concur with others who have said you should not set a monetary target.

I'm doing a low stakes challenge myself and have only started being profitable once I found an all round strategy that suits me. That includes carefully selecting the variant, buy-in level plus studying and application of study concepts.

The next step is to try to make correct decisions and avoid tilt. The money will become a nice by product of the process :) don't get me wrong, I'm not a crusher by any means, but I can see a definite shift in my results and consistency since I stopped focusing on targets. Good luck :D