amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
how would you go about doing it?

Let's say every morning you get $10 seed money and by 24H00 that evening you have to show $10 profit. 5 days a week.

1) freerolls? Don't risk the $10
2) Small Mtts (sub $1)
3) Micro cash tables?
4) Play like a NIT on a bigger by in MTT - say $3-$5 and just aim to get ITM.
6) Play like a NIT on a more expensive cash table - just wait for AA , shove and pray.
7) Don't be silly it's impossible
8) A combination of those above
9) Other.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Just let me precise that in poker we'll not win every single day, there are swings, up and downs... But when you do the maths, let's say you play every day two MTTs, 5$ each. so at least you have to make it to the final table a couple of times once a month to get your money back and show some profit.
In cash games it's different, pro players generally talk about how many BB you win in 100 hands i think. Let say you play NL10 so the BB is 0.10$ if you're making 5 BB in 100 hands it's 0.5$.
And to answer your question... I prefer MTTs

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think playing with scared money is always a recipe for disaster, so I would try the freeroll route if I had enough access to sites. Maybe a couple of sub 50c games, but I think making $10 p/d on freerolls should be pretty easy

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing freerolls I think you can make $ 10.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the biggest challenge with this scenario is that I don't think that there are many players who could walk away, stop playing, after winning just ten dollars. A player whose goal is to win ten dollars per day probably has nothing better to do with the rest of his time.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a distance, it is better to play a lot and get a stable profit than to risk everything for a couple of times. but ten dollars is not enough for proper bankroll management:)

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that this is not the right time management. $ 10 for 16 hours of the game is not enough, fatigue is too much, again it is not known with which bankroll to start this action.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, you had to try first which way works.
In my opinion, it would be enough to play sit & go for $ 1 for 45 people
where there are 7 paid places (pokerstars).

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a very interesting topic, I would choose freerolls and cis micro, but the dispersion is very cruel and only luck will help to spin up, but playing every day is not an outgrowing by limits, it's a difficult undertaking

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most important thing in my oppinion is to be consistent and follow your daily strategy and targets. Its is difficult but not impossible.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if we are looking to be profitable in the short term, we have to play on formats that allow it. like cash game or espresso for example. For my part I tried all the formats and I did not succeed in being profitable every day mainly because of the variance. I abandoned this idea and I only play on mtt because it is where I am the most profitable and that I take the most fun playing poker.

S

shurik8888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems easy enough but it's an erroneous impression. For my 12 year poker career I mostly lose my 10 buck deposit playing for about a week or less. Of course there were some winnings but there were only a few of them. Apparently I'm not a poker talent.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be achieved in the different ways mentioned, but I also think that some days the challenge will fail and on others it will be possible to earn more than $ 10. What I would prefer are MTTs.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I guess it also depends on your skill level I am sure better players would back themselves to make it on the cash tables. i am not one of those players...

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@amatola, I don't understand one thing - why only $10 and why every morning?

Do you really want to spend the whole day every day to earn just $10 risk-free or you want to grow up your bankroll and improve your skills in order to earn much more?

If the first what you want, then okay... you can do that with freerolls for sure. Just create accounts in like 10 poker rooms and grind all the freerolls the whole day, all you can find. By chance, you will earn even more than that.

But is it really what you want?

Because you can invest your time way much better than that with the way much better income in the end. Here is a rough business plan for your poker career:
  1. It doesn't matter if you have $0 or $10 starting bankroll, you shall play only freerolls until you have about $30 at least, if you're planning to play tournaments and about $60, if you're planning to play cash game.
  2. Forget about withdrawing, you're not allowed doing that, you're growing your bankroll now and every dollar you take out will harm a lot. Don't worry you could withdraw enough later, when you're on the higher limits.
  3. When you achieved your goal #1 you can try yourself on the real battlefields, starting to play $1 or less MTTs and SNGs or NL2 ($0.01-$0.02 Cashgame). However keep grinding freerolls to support your tiny bankroll.
  4. Bankroll management shall become your Alpha & Omega. You should not play higher MTT buy-ins, than 1% of your bankroll. (Only at the beginning you can afford some shots, while playing freerolls, to have a chance to start playing the real games sooner.) Should not play SNG buy-ins higher than 3-4% of your Bankroll. And if you decide to play Cashgames, make sure, that you always have at least 40 buy-ins (100BB each) of the limit you play. That's it if you always following those easy rules. The chances that you go broke are close to zero.
  5. Don't forget to plan at least 15-30% of your "poker time" for studying poker. Highly recommend you to go through the excellent new Cardschat Poker Course, that will help you a lot. But also analyzing your hands, watching VODs on youtube, reading forum. Discussing hands with other players etc.
That's it if you input a lot of time and hard work you can become a great player and earning a lot more than just $10! Maybe there are some extraordinary people, who are "talented", but there are much more not talented very decent winning players, who just hard-working and well-disciplined and that's it.

Bankroll Management + Discipline + Studying + Grinding a lot = Success in poker.

I wish you good luck in your journey!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making limits only puts undue pressure on the player which is what we don't need,,,my advice is to stop thinking in terms of $$$ and just focus on playing your best,,, :wavey:

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ten dollars a day, talk about minimum wage.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
the 'ol hypothetical question backfire...

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's possible to win every single day a 10$ my friend makes about 1000$ from poker every month, sometimes more sometimess less and there is many days when he lose that day

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
The best option is to play in freerolls and not risk your own money.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7... It is not even possible to make profit every month, not single day... All what counts is, are you making those 10$ a day profit averige...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would do freerolls and micro-stake SnG.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
It's better to think a monthly profit, so you want to make $300 in a month.

You would need a comfortable bankroll so you don't have to worry about downswings, especially if you play cash games. Then it's up to you, if you are an above average poker player you should make a profit.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Was thinking I would give this a go, as most seem to think this is not possible, I am not so sure. I haven't played freerolls on ACR for ages and gave two ago after posting and cashed in both - granted only 10c and 14c, but if I could multi table a few....

But ACR do not have freerolls today and my other large site netbet (iPoker) is down. GG only allows one freeroll a day. So if netbet is up on Monday might give this a go mon-fri.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ganar 10$dls. por dia

Hello, I have been playing for a long time and I tell you that it is not so easy, you can win several tournaments but you will also lose. in cash you win and you lose. in micho you can win but it will take a long time to collect the $ 10 for me the best are the tournaments with bounty because there you can add to eliminate players and also if you get to the prizes