Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Stay clear of Cash Games and MTT games on-line unless they are Free-rolls, The Rake in Cash games makes it hard to make any headway, especially when the poker site's insist you play in them or Spin and Goes, to win any freebies from the site.
Because that is where they make money, I would personally play 9 player ring games at $1 or $3 Dollar buy-ins and hope to make the money in most of them, although from experience I have tried this and some days not made a single Cent.
Variance can be a Bit**.
The one thing I don't do now is try to make money from playing Poker, I play the game for the pure Pleasure the game gives me, and the money comes anyway, Sure I play to Win! but it is not always possible, There are days when I am feeling low and no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get my mind into the game, and inevitably start losing money.
When that happens I stop and give the game a break, and come back after a day or two with a better mindset, I find reading a couple of poker books a good way to better my playing ability, because over time we all forget thing's that we should be doing, Poker is just one of them.
Jonathon Little has a good range of books that look at all different aspects of playing Poker, from Ring games, Cash games, MTTs and different Poker formats, and there is of course the Cardschat Course's and even pokerstars have their own Poker School, there is nothing wrong in revisiting past topics and starting from the beginning, going over what you already know, because there will be things that you will see and say "Yes! that is where I am playing wrong".

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(and study up)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A combination of the above may be a good idea.

freerolls are a good choice anyway and you can try to make a profit by varying your small $ 1 MTTs and small S&Gs.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how would you go about doing it?

Let's say every morning you get $10 seed money and by 24H00 that evening you have to show $10 profit. 5 days a week.

1) Freerolls? Don't risk the $10
2) Small Mtts (sub $1)
3) Micro cash tables?
4) Play like a NIT on a bigger by in MTT - say $3-$5 and just aim to get ITM.
6) Play like a NIT on a more expensive cash table - just wait for AA , shove and pray.
7) Don't be silly it's impossible
8) A combination of those above
9) Other.
$1 buy ins with $50 stake would be hard to do. Took me almost a year and a half to build my stake from $25 to $150. That works out to less than $.25 a day. You could possibly average $10 a day in $7 games with minimum $350 stake, preferably more for a better safety margin.