jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In addition to studying if he is skilled, I think he must know how to interpret his opponents and know how to use the senaries to his advantage!

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that knowledge and skill, and of course luck is needed especially in tournaments

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
study and perseverance makes you go far and succeed in the long run, it is a very hard game, that's why if you want to go far you must work much more on your game.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still haven't been successful, I'm studying and testing various strategies. Always following a YouTuber called Felipe Phil, he is the narrator of pokerstars brasil, I like the way he teaches

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Being consistent is the key, and not being swayed by the results – that's what I believe, but I'm not successful yet, hahaha

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Making mistakes and learn from them and keep playing poker. The most important is to find a way of playing poker that fits your personality and that you enjoy playing.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Play at the table with those who play worse than you, and AA, KK, DD in your hand😉

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
To become a good poker player, I believe that in addition to persistence, you have to study to better understand the moves and experience comes with time, which makes you play better every day.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Becoming a winning poker player involves developing a combination of skills and knowledge, such as:
  • It is essential to know the rules of the game and its terms.
  • Know probability calculations and statistics.
  • Knowing how to manage your bankroll is crucial
  • Being able to read your opponents is essential.
  • Stay calm under pressure, avoid tilt and revenge game.
Poker is a game where luck plays a role, but in the long run, strategic skills and decisions are what make the difference between winning and losing players.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would say it's a combination of knowledge, patience, mental strength, reading players, and to a lesser extent but not less important, some luck.

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Адаптирането към турнир или кеш маса, на която играете, не винаги се получава добра игра и мисля, че не е защото не можете да играете, а не можете да се адаптирате моментално 🙂🙂🙂

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
First and foremost, a successful poker player needs to have a solid foundation of knowledge and skill. Understanding the game's rules, strategies, and mathematical principles is crucial for making informed decisions at the table. But it's not just about knowing the theory; it's about putting that knowledge into practice through continuous learning and improvement.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Study. Every day

Discipline. Apply what you've learned and avoid temptation

Experience. Nothing beats having seen it all 100 times over.

Patience. Fold, fold, fold,........ raise!

A pathological obsession with the game. It's the only thing that can explain all of the above.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
I think it depends on luck and skill.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Patience and the ability to play where necessary, as well as his winnings and achievements.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
That evening out thing is not true, it's very different playing a tournament and getting a bad beat when there are for example 9 people left than when are 500 people left, you spend hours playing to get there, and as we al know all the money is up top. Evening out thing is only for cash game players and only if you are playing same stakes always because as we all know it's not the same thing when you lose 2, 4 or 10 bucks as is when you lose 200, 400 or more in a single pot
Tournament play indeed carries a unique set of dynamics and pressures compared to cash games. The emotional impact of a bad beat can be significantly amplified in a tournament setting, especially when you've invested hours of focused play to progress. The intensity of the situation, combined with the potential for significant payouts at the top, can heighten the sting of a loss.

Each format of poker presents its own challenges and psychological considerations. In tournaments, the long hours invested and the escalating stakes as you advance certainly magnify the weight of each hand. Cash games, on the other hand, often provide a more immediate feedback loop and can be influenced by factors like table dynamics and bankroll management.

Ultimately, both tournament and cash game players navigate unique mental and emotional landscapes, facing distinct challenges along the way. Understanding these nuances can help players develop the resilience and mindset needed to weather the highs and lows of the game.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the important qualities are perseverance and discipline

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Must possess patience, the ability to read an opponent and/ the hand you are in for what the best decisions are, courage to make a big call or even more important a big fold (you can’t win a tournament in the beginning levels but certainly can lose), be a great decision maker because poker is all about making the best decisions, have tilt control, being able to control emotions in highly stressful environments is vital.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot of work on the game, patience and perseverance, and luck, playing with a bankroll - all that I lack

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Well, it's a bit like a recipe with a few key ingredients. First off, you gotta know your stuff – understanding the game, and the odds. But it's not just about the math; you've gotta have a good read on people too. Being able to suss out your opponents and adjust your game accordingly is key. Then there's discipline – no blowing your stack on a whim or going on tilt when things get rough. And let's not forget adaptability – being able to switch up your strategy on the fly. Oh, and a dash of luck never hurts either!