What makes a successful poker player?

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
To become a successful poker player you must have the following skills and knowledge:
1. Rules of the game: You need to fully understand the rules of the various forms of poker, including card combinations and procedures.
2. Strategy and Tactics: It is important to learn various game strategies such as bluffing, reading opponents, bankroll management and mathematical decision making.
3. Probability Analysis: Knowing the basics of mathematics and probability will help you assess the chances of success in a particular situation and make the best decision.
4. Reading Your Opponents: The ability to analyze your opponents' behavior, recognize their signals, and understand how they play can help you make more informed decisions.
5. Control of Emotions: It is important to remain calm and control your emotions so as not to give away information about the cards or your intentions.
Regarding luck and skill, poker is a combination of both. Luck may play a role in individual hands, but long-term success depends on the skill of the player. A good gambler is able to make informed decisions, manage risks, and take advantage of situations, even if luck is not always on his side.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would say the most important thing is to continue learning the game. There are lots of skills you need but the game is always changing and it you want to be a very successful player you need to keep up with the changes in the games.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker depends on skills and also a lot of good luck.

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Learn about pro players, watch video and see post,

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's 2 things
1 discipline
2 good bankroll management

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
What are the skills/abilities and knowledge that are most important for being a winning poker player?
Is Poker Based more on Luck or Skills?
perseverance, patience and hope is what makes you win

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really don't know, hahaha. But I think study and discipline are important.

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What are the skills/abilities and knowledge that are most important for being a winning poker player?
I believe there are several aspects to consider. Luck and skill are part of the game, but skill is the result of constant study and work. I have a thread that discusses various issues related to basic knowledge to improve as a player, and if you're lucky, also to win. Regards!
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/mastering-poker-ranges-key-tips-success-530661/

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Its never luck, but also not only strat. Theres another factor that affects your results: odds

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that to be a good player you need to win.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think good results require both skill and luck. But if you are a skilled player, you increase your chances of luck somewhat. In general, good results are equal to skill, luck and hard work every day.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion, Main Skill for Poker this is Patience... Poker this is Game of long path!.. And, if not enough Patience,
then will the different nervous breakdowns, and this means, eventually, will to influence on the total results! That's all!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What makes a player successful is his work in poker and constantly learning new things in poker because poker does not stand still, he is constantly developing, so luck in poker is important, but over the long run, the skill and level of play decide if you play better, you will win in the end, but without luck in poker, nowhere

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
eventually the winnings !! you can be a very good poker player and NOT win ...so in the end the financial is all that matter , if you are on the winning side you are good , if you are on the losing side you are a loser...simple , right ?!

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A good, successful poker player must first of all have willpower, attentiveness, calmness, and be able to suppress his emotions. Also, such a player must have theoretical knowledge about poker, which can be read in some books or on some websites. And of course, in order to become successful in this sport, you need to have a lot of experience in order to be able to navigate in time in any situation, against any opponents. All this together should give a good result.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, I don't know. Probably the exact opposite of me!

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in luck, I think that to become a good poker player you have to practice, be patient and have the gift of playing poker, like any spots

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Professional players are primarily patient and persistent players. Constant study, analysis and improvement of one's own game is what makes players professionals. Most of us dream of becoming professional players, but dreaming is not enough. In addition to dreams, you need to work hard and persistently on yourself, and only a few out of thousands are ready for this.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think to become a Winning Poker Player you need to play, study, manage your bankroll, be and play the types of games that give you the best results.

I feel like poker is about 80% skill and 20% luck, just my gut guestimate.

Best of Luck at The Tables All!

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Discipline, determinaciones, skills, and probable lot of another stuff that i don't know

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Discipline and patience, skillfully adapt to the game of your opponents at the table!!! It is also important that during the game you will learn to automatically calculate your chances of winning as a percentage!!!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
Patience and discipline are two factors inherent in professional players. Ordinary players are not always patient and disciplined, and therefore ordinary players have ordinary results. Luck is also a necessary factor and it is no less important than your skills or experience.
Good luck :)

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As in all areas, you need to work hard to improve yourself (the game)
If this is about the initial level, then a good player must correctly choose the preflop spectrum and know the pot's chances in order to make the call profitable at a distance
Already at a slightly higher level the difference between a good player and a bad one is that a good player not only looks at his own hand but also understands what hands his opponent might have. Accordingly, a good player knows when and on which cards you can bluff and also knows how to fold with strong hands. Also, a pro after a loss continues to play flawlessly, while a bad player will blame everyone but himself and make even more mistakes

PS: Luck is needed to win all-in, and skill is needed to know which hands to go all-in or call with, accordingly, the main thing is to play correctly without mistakes and it doesn’t matter how the hand ends, the distance will always give where short-term periods take away