What makes a successful poker player?

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still losing but for me is patience and the ability to fold big hands.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the player is not disciplined, then knowledge will not help...

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a player to be very successful in poker, many things have to be applied, one of them is always perseverance and constant study of the game where it will make you better and better.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It depends on both.It is also clear on abilities and luck.It takes logic, patience, coolness, mathematics.Especially these.

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello. I have read almost all the comments - guys, I agree with you and I want to say that everything you listed, I sum up in one word for myself: advantage. I would also highlight diligence, in the sense that having reached a certain level, one should not stop and rest on one's laurels - there is always something to learn and improve.

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I'm not a winning poker player most of the time too :)

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A successful poker player embodies a blend of skill, discipline, and psychological fortitude. They grasp game intricacies, exploit opponents' weaknesses, and adapt strategies dynamically. Effective bankroll management and emotional control are fundamental. Continuous learning and self-reflection drive improvement, while resilience fuels longevity in the game.

Last edited:
fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What makes a player successful is study, concentration, a good healthy life, having clear objectives and never stopping learning, even the champion himself has things to improve.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the skills/abilities and knowledge that are most important for being a winning poker player?
Is Poker Based more on Luck or Skills?
Patience, persistence and practice are the main things. With that you have to put in study and review time if you are really serious about the game. Talking to others of various skill levels (both higher and lower) about different events, hands, formats, ect can also increase your knowledge and skill.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discipline and perseverance is the key to success in this sport, always studying the game every day of the year, learning from your mistakes and the results will be seen in the future.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Mastering skills is lucky and you have to win 2 out of 3 hands 😀.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High intelligence, mathematical mindset, self-confidence, knowledge of basic strategies and tactics, add luck here and you are the best poker player.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What are the skills/abilities and knowledge that are most important for being a winning poker player?
Is Poker Based more on Luck or Skills?

No. 1 and the most important is a good Bankroll Management: - if you want to succeed in Poker you need a strong bankroll management, without it you will not get far.
No. 2 is discipline : - you need to be disciplined in order to not deviate from your strategy... ( study daily, don't play emotional, don't play tired )
No. 3 is desire to improve : - since Poker is a constantly evolving you have to keep up, and in order to do that, you have to want to become better and better...to achieve that you need to study all the time.
No. 4 is luck : - luck is always involved in Poker, but what is more important is that luck is not the defining thing here...your skills learned by hard work and consistency will make you profitable in long term.