Razz Poker: The who, what, why, when, where, and how of it all

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive started to play Razz 2 days ago...and it seems I won more when I didnt know much about the game. (came 1st in a 8 man SNG)...and was making a killing in play money.

Gee is there any online gambling game...that you can win more than you lose at grhh:)

I love the game though, its very simple but has quite a bit of depth to it oh and frustrating too!

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually scrap the above...ive finally learnt how to play properly and read plays and other players cards betters.

I think I even made a couple bucks profit over like several hours....never has a $1.50 lasted me hours!

Razz may be my new favourite game:)

SGspecial

SGspecial

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually scrap the above...ive finally learnt how to play properly and read plays and other players cards betters.

I think I even made a couple bucks profit over like several hours....never has a $1.50 lasted me hours!

Razz may be my new favourite game:)

Congrats! May it last you till it becomes $15, then $150, then $1500...

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Razz. It's a game you can win money in, just play smart. I think people who put it down don't quite understand the game and has never played it for money. There are people out there who have no idea how to play and apply Stud Rules and that makes for easy money.

"How does A 4 6 7 8 beat a flush?"

I

Igrac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL you must have been playing on a Play money table.

it definitely isnt a bingo game. There is strategy and odds for razz as well

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I hope so too.

More good news:D I played a $3.50 Razz SnG and came 1st again....I won $12

Razz is definitely my favourite game now....its more about playing your cards then playing the "player" which seems to to the case with Poker.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And this, sir, is your 15th post which means you are now qualified to play in our money added buy-in games. I mention this because we have a Friday night variety game on Full Tilt and Razz is one of the games in the rotation. Maybe you'd be interested in coming out to play Razz with us. :D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And this, sir, is your 15th post which means you are now qualified to play in our money added buy-in games. I mention this because we have a Friday night variety game on Full Tilt and Razz is one of the games in the rotation. Maybe you'd be interested in coming out to play Razz with us. :D
Wouldnt be easier to transfer the money directly into his acount?

K

Kwolff

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
People do not understand that you have to pay attention to the cards other have showing as well. You have to keep track of your outs etc when drawing. They do not see that most of the cards they need are already dead then get upset when they do not hit them and decide the game is luck.

Take your time look at all the cards out there. Its a slower pace game which may turn a lot of people off. Just like any other poker game bad beats do happen, you can have a guy nailed 4 cards in only to brick out and hit three straight pairs in a row etc. just like someone hitting a two outer on the river to get you.

SGspecial

SGspecial

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

TY for the invite, link to info please? It's certainly no guarantee that I'd win the thing, but I don't think you should bet against me ;)

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TY for the invite, link to info please?
Well I may have spoken a bit quick. Heh...looking on the calendar, it looks like we don't have our February games posted yet (probably waiting on FT passwords to come in so we know the games are scheduled). But it will be on a Friday at either 3:00 PM ET or 8:00 PM ET (we not only rotate the game every Friday, but we also alternate on the time as well). Once we have the calendar updated, I'll point you to the next Razz game (which would potentially be on Feb 6).

I'll post a follow-up once we get it straightened out.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I may have spoken a bit quick. Heh...looking on the calendar, it looks like we don't have our February games posted yet (probably waiting on FT passwords to come in so we know the games are scheduled). But it will be on a Friday at either 3:00 PM ET or 8:00 PM ET (we not only rotate the game every Friday, but we also alternate on the time as well). Once we have the calendar updated, I'll point you to the next Razz game (which would potentially be on Feb 6).

I'll post a follow-up once we get it straightened out.

If possible and flexible, make it the 13th. I'm out of town the 6th.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If possible and flexible, make it the 13th. I'm out of town the 6th.
Looking back at the scheduling there doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason as to the order of the games they give us (unless Daks has something she does because the games and times both vary). And since we are waiting on the game setups now, we're sort of stuck with luck of the draw now.

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came first again today in a Razz SNG....won $20!

3 first places in only 3 days of playing Razz..not bad at all:)

I'm officially giving up poker and becoming a Razz player...I just "get it".

Sure its a bit of luck involved, but you need to read the other cards on board and you'll get a good idea of if you're winning the hand or not.

Choose your cards carefully and bluff a little and keep betting if you believe you are winning.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Feb/Mar games are not approved and set up yet - but Razz is requested for:

2/06 - 8pm ET
3/13 - 3pm ET

And for the record there is no method to my madness. :p

M

mecoble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i disagree totally with op, razz and all 7 card games require a lot of skill to win and i think good players have a better advantage in these games than in holdem or omaha

SGspecial

SGspecial

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came first again today in a Razz SNG....won $20!

3 first places in only 3 days of playing Razz..not bad at all:)

I'm officially giving up poker and becoming a Razz player...I just "get it".

Sure its a bit of luck involved, but you need to read the other cards on board and you'll get a good idea of if you're winning the hand or not.

Choose your cards carefully and bluff a little and keep betting if you believe you are winning.

now that's what I'm talkin' about!

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Thanks mate! How are u goin with Razz.. Oh yeah......I came first AGAIN just now..won another $20:)

But i blew most of it trying my 1st $11........... 90 man razz tournament...did very bad in that one:mad:

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks mate! How are u goin with Razz.. Oh yeah......I came first AGAIN just now..won another $20:)

But i blew most of it trying my 1st $11........... 90 man razz tournament...did very bad in that one:mad:

Higher buy-ins = better players. Usually.

SGspecial

SGspecial

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Razz and me are getting along swimmingly ;) I wouldn't worry about one loss in an MTT. They typically only pay the top 10-15% of finishers, so you may have to play a lot of them to make some serious $, let alone cash in one.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Feb/Mar games are not approved and set up yet - but Razz is requested for:

2/06 - 8pm ET
3/13 - 3pm ET

And for the record there is no method to my madness. :p

FT accidentally scheduled our Friday night variety game next week for Thursday night. :eek:

*****edit - We are trying to get it moved to Friday

I will miss that game since I will be on my nekkid cruise - but will join in on this cool Razz stuff when I get back. I have always had a soft spot for that game but don't have a clue when to raise and how much to raise.

We need to make a little Razz club - interest seems to be growing. I could probably be persuaded to add more Razz into the Friday night variety games if the interest holds up. Maybe we could get a video and commentary from Marc or our new razz guru.

Last edited:
ChasersWanted

ChasersWanted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Razz does have alot of luck involved but skill is needed as well. Lets say you have a hand but the cards showing look like you couldn't have that great of one, skill would be needed to maximize winnings. Skill is needed to figure out what the other players might have for a high hand. Razz, Stud, draw, Omaha, Badugi are all games of chance, playing the odds more than NL, but they all require some form of skill as well.

SGspecial

SGspecial

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will miss that game since I will be on my nekkid cruise - but will join in on this cool Razz stuff when I get back. I have always had a soft spot for that game but don't have a clue when to raise and how much to raise.

We need to make a little Razz club - interest seems to be growing. I could probably be persuaded to add more Razz into the Friday night variety games if the interest holds up. Maybe we could get a video and commentary from Marc or our new razz guru.

You can raise a SB on 3rd or 4th sts and a BB on the rest :p Also, I heartily support anything to pump up the interest in razz, even if I can't always play in the events. As for videos, I'm already associated with a poker training site where I've made more than 30 on the game but maybe Marc is ready to show his stuff!