Rgds

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.

I think it causes ... It must be because of brain activity that gets very high. So I can only sleep an average of 2 hours after I stop playing.
And there is another question that also happens to me, if I lose I get frustrated and sleep badly and if I win I get anxious and excited I also sleep badly!

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can always sleep, even after a tournament.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, when I go out of a tourney by making a mistake. Otherwise it's fine.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Insomnia, many thing can or could cause insomnia and poker could defiantly be one of them. Find a way to become one with yourself and at peace with all things, especially things you do not have control over.

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so. When you have played you are often full of adrenaline and if you want to go to sleep a little afterwards it is almost impossible to do so. Therefore it is wise to play at the right moments and listen to your physical condition.

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i def think so. esp with online... looking at any "electronic screen" can cause sleep deprivation :/

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, after the loss, it causes insomnia, despite fatigue, but you cannot sleep, quickly cause anxiety and anger, and do trivial things.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really need to have balance in your life. Maybe skip days and don't play at all. Make a schedule.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose in a tournament that has a big win and more and you lose an AA all in or a color something can cause insomnia

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe, of course, if you don't go to the robot.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, poker can cause insomnia. About a year ago I ran into this and found solutions to this problem !! At the end of the day after the poker tournaments, I go to play an online game of tanks world of tanks in order to distract myself for about an hour or two (this is not raklama, you can have any other game). Before going to bed, I turn on a movie or stream of games and fall asleep soundly. I also take breaks a year for 1 week or a month, during this period of time I do not play or watch poker games to restore my nerves. As a result, for more than half a year, I now sleep very sweetly for more than 10 hours a day)) I wish you all good luck and most importantly calmness and a good sound sleep!

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience yes, playing long tournaments definitely messed up my sleeping schedule. I played for eleven hours and didn’t notice that it was already morning, but sometimes it’s worth it. :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing Poker is a big Adrenalin Rush especially if you reach the final table and score, and it is very hard to sleep after a grueling Tournament, But I stay away from Drinking until after I finish playing and a couple of beers soon get me off to sleep.
Even in a Live game, I am amazed at how many players will drink while playing and the more they drink, The more I will try and take advantage of them. It works for me.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

P

profressorsmith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, especially after a bad day. All those bad beats on your mind.

C

crabcruncher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.
Take a dose of Nyquil night time cold relief. Guaranteed to put you in la la land. Sleep straight thru the night.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yea i would think. Once you figure it out its kinda addicting. I sleep during tourneys all the time and refresh myself from being tired. I used to stay up for hours and play and sleep 4 hours and go to work. I chill drom time to time amd take a break. Good luck.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not insomnia for me, I sleep after playing poker, often I am mentally drained but I do regularly dream about playing poker. I rarely loose too!

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opposite happens to me, I get very sleepy and at those times you mention I end up winning and I am absent from the tournament, that's why I no longer play much at night unless it is a turbo tournament:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure that it doesn't help.. because poker tends to keep me awake for much longer than I should.. and then when I'm finished playing, I need even more time to "wind down" before I can finally fall asleep.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I think it can cause insomnia because of the adrenaline that can raise during games, but than I think it can also cause me to nod off a lot after playing for long hours.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if I won 1st place in the tournament I can't sleep for a long time. I think poker shouldn't really affect your life, it's just a game. Do you sleep badly after football?