Can Poker Cause Insomnia?

N

neagranufan19380

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Plus many people can't sleep during the day. So, play all night when the fish are drunk and spewing chips, and then it takes like 4 beers to get to sleep for me at least.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleepless

I do not play that game I know my limit when it comes to rest. If I am tired I end itand go all in. I try and pick games that I can endure mentally and physically. I am not the all night guy anymore and if I am tired during the day I take a nap. Feel good play good. Capo1014

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker actually has a positive impact on mental health, it helps the brain to polish its reaction senses and focus power and also helps in improving short term memory. It also thoughens you up by helping you to learn how to lose, to controll yout emotions and sharpen logical capabalities. I can't speak of everyone but, I can honestly say, that Poker have improved my life immensely, especially mentally.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! Can Poker Cause Insomnia?..:rolleyes: Of course, it may be..,if you especially often to play stable at night!..:eek: Why not?!.:rolleyes: Have cause to think about this, because Dream:angel:directly linked with Health:cool:, but Health :) is most main in Life! :deal:

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it will get my adrenaline going. Like many big pots on cash tables.

N

Nathanael

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is causing me insomnia tonight because this tournament is lasting so long! Well I guess that's not really insomnia :p

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to maintain a balance between the game and life, but your mode is normal, basically all mtt players go to bed in the morning, and in the evening they return to the game again.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are constantly playing at night, then of course you have lost your sleep pattern. Try to find games for yourself at an earlier time, perhaps then it will turn out to correct your sleep. :coffee:

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Of course it can...When u play late at night and run deep, than suck out and analyse your hand instead of sleeping...Thats an example for me ;)

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me a lot. I need to playing like 2 hours before slepp time. Sometimes I spent 48 hours.

tomoha321

tomoha321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone is different. I just really want to sleep and when I finish the tournament I go to sleep :)

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It's stimulating, stressful, and adrenaline-inducing.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sleep

When I wait for the 5 min break i fall asleep and wake up and the game is over. lol

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe so. Playing for long hours in the afternoon and at night can be harmful to your health.

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so

I think causes a lot of emotions and that responds in your body and mind. It is peculiar for everyone.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on the schedule of each person, but if you play at night it is likely and more so if you play long tournaments ... for that reason you have to play in moderation

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If indeed poker can be a cause of insomnia, when many hours are spent playing poker this generates chemical, psychic and emotional changes in our body creating changes in our sleep routine, releasing so much dopamine and adopting the game as usual until the wee hours am. night and then. getting up early and not getting enough sleep is self-destructive, so it is advisable to become aware and analyze where we are in this situation, and play more responsibly, sleep a minimum of 7 hours a day, eat in a balanced way and rest to maintain the Balance

Z

zzZeldaxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had insomnia for the last 2-3 years before Michigan finally decided to get with the times and legalize online poker and pokerstars returned to my life after more than a decade. Not only do I suffer from insomnia, but I am also lucky enough to experience nightmares between 5-7 nights a week, usually every night and almost always vivid ones that I have to wake myself up from, resulting in many nights where I am fortunate to have gotten more than a couple of hours or rest. I don't think I have slept for longer than 4 hours at the most in a row in at least 3 years. I usually wake up every 2 hours and try my best to fall back asleep without finishing whatever nightmare I was just experiencing.

Poker has actually been quite the savior for me because of my insomnia issue. I find that since I am awake at many random times throughout the night anyway, I might as well take advantage of this time where I am having trouble sleeping and play a few hands.

I am a bit rusty after 10+ years of online poker being illegal in my state and definitely do not feel I am at the level of skill/confidence I was at when I last played so I am trying to take advantage of Cardschat and everything this awesome forum has to offer!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.

This has never happened to me while not playing the game.

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you don't take everything that comes with sport in stride, I suppose it can cause insomnia, it's worse when you have to pay and not do it.

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so, no one is able to beat sleep

A

Akena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I am an insomniac without playing poker so when I have insomnia, I go and play poker. It's rather the opposite for me that happens :D:D:D

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With a few bottles of beer your insomnia will heal

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lose an all-in with a double AA you don't sleep a bit of frustration so it happened to me two days ago hahaha, Seriously speaking if you play poker to win money and you see that you are not achieving the goal you should stop a little and think well when to bet And when not, Poker is not a safe investment, it is a game where you rarely win, you must have a limit to spend in the game, If you see that it is damaging your physical and mental health as in the case of not being able to sleep or be stressed out, you should let him study a bit of poker for a while, see the professional players, analyze each hand as his opponent or simply leave the Game as a hobby where you will invest when you have enough support for that expense. Take care of yourself and relax without worrying. Hakuna matata :).

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Insomnia didn't happen to me. I play poker if I have time. If I feel tired, I better sleep.

Sometimes I sleep while playing poker tournaments. :D