Can Poker Cause Insomnia?

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's terrible when already in bed trying to sleep together. My wife can't stop thinking about that hand that I played badly and lost, I even dream about the tables until I woke up very early for too many

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I can't sleep after a big win or a big loss.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
until i play within my comfort zone, dont disturb at all, if i play some important, long tourney, especially if i go deep and relegate in some insane way, before ft, sometimes i couldnt go to sleep, but nothing serious. Cant compare it to what stress and insomnia any slave 'job' can cause....

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insomnia

Nightmares I tell you nigtmares, hands lost because of lucky fish river rats. Sleepless in germany. Good sleep forget about it poker is the monkey on my back and can not shake it. Capo 1014

Stifler

Stifler

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.

often on the contrary, I can fall asleep playing late tournament)

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens, you play until 3-5 in the morning. This is addicted to the game, and time flies quickly.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No insomnia. But I have a different regime than that of a normal person)) and yes, until 3 am I do not go to bed. And the regime has changed because of the poker tournaments.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes yes, I can't sleep after a big win. GL

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker cannot cause insomnia in me, the more I play until late, on the contrary, I want to sleep, it can cause insomnia in me, if I win a major tournament, then I will definitely not sleep for a long time.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker can cause insomnia if played late or at night, for example. I also think that if you play a lot of tournaments all day, then by the evening the body will get very tired, which will cause insomnia.

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, definitely, especially before an important tournament

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you played an important poker tournament you may not be able to sleep due to adrenaline or it may take a long time to fall asleep. But as long as it doesn't happen that often, it doesn't matter. Insomnia means sleep disorder. You only have them if you don't sleep well very often. From time to time I think it is normal to sleep poorly because of thoughts.

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I think so,too much pressure and adrenaline cause cause insomnia

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so. It can become a vice and you don't stop thinking about it

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to have trouble falling asleep after a win or a bad hand. It took me a long time to think and analyze my game. Now I'm more relaxed about moving. poker should not interfere with your normal rest.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If it does, then you have a problem, and I would seek help. Poker does not cause insomnia, it is the problem of the player losing too much money and then worrying about how much he has lost, and how they are going to manage until next pay day.
I know, because I have been there, but for me it was the horse's and dog track, not Poker.
gambling in any form is bad for your wallet, and now I never gamble, sure I play Poker, but if it cost's you nothing to play, you have nothing to lose. This is why I never make a deposit on any poker site, and I never withdraw any winnings.
I play for fun, and the money I win from Free-rolls goes into my bank-roll and I use that to buy-into other games, It is all on-line and to me it is virtual money, money I have never had, therefore money I cannot lose.
Playing live game's I treat the same, although I will admit to having made a deposit there. I started playing in Pubs and Clubs, with £100 in my safe at home and when I went to play I took the buy-in from it. When I won, the winnings went back into the safe and it stayed there, this money was from Poker winnings and sure if it was needed I would use it, but I was fortunate enough to have a decent living from my business and most of the time never needed extra money that bad.
Keeping your Poker winnings separate from your own personal money is a great way to learn bankroll management, which is paramount in keeping on the right path, and not drifting into debt.
I have over £1500 in my safe, before the lock downs started and it is still there to give me the opportunity to play live games again, if and when things get back to normal I can buy-into my favorite Pub games and it not cost me anything.
And I sleep like a baby.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.
yes, especially when we are anxious to win a good prize sometimes even winning a good prize we will lie down to sleep and we are thinking about the game and even trying to sleep we are just watching the plays in thought

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not for me, keep self-control.

However, it happened to sleep with the cell phone (pokerstar mobile) in hand, and wake up when the tournament ended.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides poker, anything you like can cause insomnia.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that anything that causes you to stimulate your brain can cause you not to sleep. Since poker is a game of strategy it can cause your mind to go into overdrive and this I believe can cause insomnia like symptoms. If you are having these problems you should try to stop playing before you try to get sleep in order to let your brain relax.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will depend on the course of the session... :), but not, in general I still haven't had this problem.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If i get a big prize compared to my bankroll, yes (at night)

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not quite sure it can cause insomnia, but it can certainly disrupt our habits of going to bed at a similar time. It has happened to me a couple of times when I have a solid bankroll and I play more that it is harder for me to fall asleep, and I have had a couple of funny situations when I fall asleep I continue to play poker in my dreams did something similar happen to you?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have chronic insomnia which is why I play so much poker. I don't feel as the poker causes my insomnia for I had it long before my poker addiction!!!!!:D:D