Can Poker Cause Insomnia?

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IN MY CASE I HAVE TO HAVE TIMES TO PLAY POKER AND I DO NOT EXEMPT TOO MUCH I THINK TO BE MUCH TIME PLAYING CAN TAKE YOU TO ADD AND IF IT COULD CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS WITH THE DREAM

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
First off let me start this post by saying that I am a diagnosed insomniac.

Yes it can cause insomnia like any addiction haha I remember one of the best advises I received when learning poker was, dont forget to sleep :)

Not being able to sleep on an occasional night is not insomnia.

I don't think poker can cause insomnia. Yes while playing poker you can go without sleep for an extended period of time but that isn't the same as an inability to sleep

Correct, well said.

The people who posted before me are right, there's a difference between insomnia and adrenaline.
Cheers :)

Also correct and well said.

I can have insomnia if I lose a large amount of money or win. In other cases I sleep peacefully and without problems.

That is not insomnia.

Schedule in freerolls CardsChat very suitable for my region, time zone, daily tournament on PokerStars starts at 22:00. I quite time enough after the game to sleep, so if I don't suffer from insomnia and at a later time I don't play poker

That is not insomnia.

I am often insomnic. So when I am I sometimes play poker in the wee hours of the morning. I suppose I play longer than I should, which is to say that yes, poker contributes to my insomnia.:eek:

That is not insomnia.

Insomnia does not come and go.

Yeap,insomnia is a result of poker for me too.I dont really like it and trying to relax but sometimes cant fall asleep during the whole night.

That is not insomnia. see above why.

I think that poker can cause insomnia. Many people suffer from some form of insomnia.
The best cure for insomnia is to sleep more often :):):)

lol.

If you mean that poker can keep you awake during the night one day then that is not insomnia.

I have poker can cause insomnia, because sometimes disrupted the normal rhythm. Or if I lose on stupid, it can also affect sleep. Because long think about it.

That is not insomnia.

Bad beats can cause not only insomnia for me but waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares

That is not insomnia if you can sleep in the middle of the night. :eek:

IN MY CASE I HAVE TO HAVE TIMES TO PLAY POKER AND I DO NOT EXEMPT TOO MUCH I THINK TO BE MUCH TIME PLAYING CAN TAKE YOU TO ADD AND IF IT COULD CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS WITH THE DREAM

Can you please not post in all capitals,it is considered yelling and rude.

:top:

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker can only postpone sleep for a while, insomnia here is no good. From this conclusion that insomnia and poker are not compatible

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's your blood pressure when you go to bed?
Measure it.
During the game the nervous system is very much strained. Release adrenaline, endorphin and other hormones.
Poker is not such a safe play for health, how many people think.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker does not cause insomnia.

Staying up all night to play poker or finish a tournament is not insomnia if you don't truly have the condition. It's a choice made by you, the player, to stay up and keep playing.

You know that MTTs last 4+ hours, so to start one at 1 am and be surprised you're still up at 5 am is stupid. To play into the early mornings, then sleep for 8 hours in the afternoon is not insomnia.

What most of you (if not all of you) have are just poor sleep cycles.

itarus

itarus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The poker, undoubtedly, changes our biorhythms!
Night tournaments do of us owls who fly at night, and sleep in the afternoon!
So was during cave times, when in a primitive tribe were
People, who did not sleep overnight constantly to support fire in a campfire.
Сhanges of biorhythms not for all occurs easily. The nervous system at everyone responds to it in own way. Someone really will have an insomnia, at someone - Depression.
Constant lack of sleep weakens immunity.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it can definitely provide s good case of insomnia but with other healthy habits in place sleep can come with ease

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calmly can cause, since the game always requires attention and long tournaments can break sleep.

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, especially when you play the tournament all night long, and in the daytime you sleep.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think poker can cause insomnia? I believe so. I can not sleep before 3 o'clock in the morning playing poker, I think it's the anxiety of being able to succeed in the game and trying to win, and you, too, have insomnia.

Maybe. I checked it on myself. When I did not have a bankroll, I had to play only freerolls and use every opportunity to earn at least something on the game. I changed the day for the night and began to sleep a little. When in canada or America it's morning, it's already evening in my country and many freerolls start when I have to go to bed (((((((

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been there. done that and it still keeps happening hmmmm maybe i should get on a regular sleep schedule? but then i wouldnt be able to play in all the tournamnets sng's and cash games that i want. I like to sleep but i love making money more.

C

Clint Dohrman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hell ya it does lol espically if u have been playing all day and don't cash anything lol ya I have a lot of sleepless nights!!

alar2080

alar2080

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens when you lose control but poker requires some concentration and patience

P

post1ngher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Idkk about lack of sleep!!
Few years back I was grinding so hard that when I went to bed I could hear the pokerstars bell calling for attention

D

duvexa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
l u l have a problem with sleeping, this is addiction, but its not bad, i playing dota approx. 8 h per day and feels good myself :coffee:

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Sometimes) I sometimes sit up for a game and do not notice how the morning comes)

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can have more sleep than insomnia))). Every time I finish the tournament, I start to fall asleep.
Only playing cash games, I feel vigorous!

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not suffer from insomnia, but if I modify my schedules. I go to bed later but I get up later too.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Poker does not cause insomnia.

Staying up all night to play poker or finish a tournament is not insomnia if you don't truly have the condition. It's a choice made by you, the player, to stay up and keep playing.

You know that MTTs last 4+ hours, so to start one at 1 am and be surprised you're still up at 5 am is stupid. To play into the early mornings, then sleep for 8 hours in the afternoon is not insomnia.

What most of you (if not all of you) have are just poor sleep cycles.
At least someone knows the meaning of the word "Insmnia.
Yes it can definitely provide s good case of insomnia but with other healthy habits in place sleep can come with ease
That is not insomnia
Calmly can cause, since the game always requires attention and long tournaments can break sleep.
That is not insomnia
Yes, sometimes the same state.
That is not insomnia
Yes, especially when you play the tournament all night long, and in the daytime you sleep.
That is not insomnia
I've been there. done that and it still keeps happening hmmmm maybe i should get on a regular sleep schedule? but then i wouldnt be able to play in all the tournamnets sng's and cash games that i want. I like to sleep but i love making money more.
That is not insomnia
hell ya it does lol espically if u have been playing all day and don't cash anything lol ya I have a lot of sleepless nights!!
Hell no, that is not insomnia
Yes. Sometimes) I sometimes sit up for a game and do not notice how the morning comes)
That is not insomnia

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At me personally, if very longly to stay at the computer, there are problems with a dream. But I do not connect this problem with poker. You can not just do something very long without a break. And if you win - I'm ready and do not fall asleep right away.

B

BrianM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes to be honest getting into online poker has made it difficult to concentrate on other things... too many tournaments running at all hours! Lots of fun but like anything, must be done in moderation.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a person lose all their money that will keep them up all night also.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it does I was bingeing in micro tournaments for almost 44hours straight I forgot how many I played but the reason why I stopped is because I literally almost dropped dead only slept 5 hours and started playing again

Last edited: