How to tell if you are a good player or not

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Want to know if you are good? If you win more money than you lose, you are good.
not having to make deposits and playing many games a day -is a good sign your a good player .

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To come up with different criteria and compare poker players among themselves is like reinventing the wheel. There is a bankroll and it can easily be judged on what a particular poker player is.
:elefant:

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
soooo ... i think for myself i'm a player above average ... i'm not a pro, i can't say i know everything, i need to learn a little bit more but i'm good :) there are people around me who admit it that they are bad, which they are, they play worse than me :)

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most players are around average. The problem is you have to have a ten percent edge to make any profit. If you get your money in ahead of pot odds, you are a winner nomatter what happens in the short term

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty card chat

Couldn't find a place to say thank you card chat for your forums. I finally won last night on your freerolls. $6 bucks. Gl everyone and as always. Have fun

K

kosorez1980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, all are equal in poker, only someone is more lucky than the others, so there’s more luck to everyone

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now, I'm a better poker player than I was 2 or 3 years ago, hell even 6 months ago, thats all I can say.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
go for statistics lol, numbers never lie. also u can start with 10$ and see how it goes. usually a good player multiply that by 10 x in one week or so

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe, that if you can earn money playing poker daily, then you are a good player. If you can,t do this, then it,s better to try something else.

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We should not explain to anyone what we poker players! It's enough that we think of ourselves!:stoned:

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, iv got in the money many times but it was low steaks so I'm not rich! Do you need to be rich to be considered good?

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty simple and short answer to be honest - if you are making profit in long run (many, many tournaments or hands played) then you are good and if you are losing in long run then you should improve your game or change stakes

dopustim

dopustim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as lucky at cards.I rely only on them.I'm an average player.

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, iv got in the money many times but it was low steaks so I'm not rich! Do you need to be rich to be considered good?

No. A primary school student who is good at math is still good. They may even be exceptional for a preteen. Are they at the same level as someone with a mathematical PhD? No, but I think you get my meaning. It depends on the context.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all are in the ability to be great poker players, the difference as in all areas of knowledge, is that they are studious and disciplined, there is the difference we must study a lot, spend hours and hours, looking for mistakes and improving, perseverance is importantly, we must follow these steps to be professional.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really trash player, around me are players, who play for luck and random, they put all in too often.

Valik

Valik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bonkrol if you are in a constant plus means a great player in the red if it means bad .... :icon_joke

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question is interesting, I think that a good player is a player who won a lot of money and did not lose them in the future

J

Juli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good player is the most capable of playing his best at majority of time.

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good player is relative take Gus Hansen for example his style of play was good at one time not so much anymore, now a great player can adapt and take on various characteristics for each opponent.

YevhenUA

YevhenUA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. I'm really trash player, around me are players, who play for luck and random, they put all in too often
This is the case of tournaments or cash games? Perhaps this is their strategy game - squeeze you out and pick up the pot. If it freerolls then here no one appreciates his stack:D

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
to find out if you are a good player, you must first study and dedicate yourself to tournaments, practice daily and aim to be a good poker pro. however, with victories or good rankings in national and international tournaments. you will have a good idea.

Poker Tells