How to tell if you are a good player or not

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun is definitely the way to go when it comes to learning. I think a lot of primary and secondary schools have found that out (just a pity they hadn't when I was still at school!)

It is a fun game but I could understand why some people might find it tedious. Best thing for those guys is to leave it alone or actually start finding out why people find it so addictive and exciting.

Big like! :)

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I look for prize-winning places occupied by me in tournaments,certainly not small role and number of losses and wins,and most importantly ,when you play with a weaker hand and be forced to pass the opponent with a strong hand,it is also an excellent result as no small role in poker is a bluff

K

KickerSharp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Chief say always open with raise

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the good results have regularly sure you know that your level has improved but always learns more :D

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you study, you will be better than you were. Think golf. Without lessons, you're just beating the Earth with a stick.

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good player always thinks he is bad and questions every loss on how to be better.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you be a good player and be a losing player. I'm sure some cases could argue that, but I'd say a good player is one who has discipline, a plan, and wins more than they lose.

C

chattydb4567

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Process over result

I believe if u put yourself in good situations it will work out but this is a random game wit random situations so if your process is right you make all the right moves

M

mell0404

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amm

I think you are a good player or not according to the hands you think are good to play and you do it without taking it as an impulse

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think only the top 100 poker players in the world are considered good players. Most of us are just average players.

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think only the top 100 poker players in the world are considered good players. Most of us are just average players.

I would be more inclined to say those top 100 are excellent. Many thousands of players are good. The average and poor players would make up the majority. I also think it depends on context. Someone who makes a living multi-tabling the micros can be good at what they do, but that same player may struggle in the higher stakes.

If you take something like university grades, some people are at high 80% or even 90%. There are many different levels between a super nerd at 90% and the poor guys struggling to get the passing grade of 40%. That 40% is still a passing grade though, so they could still be the person who (in poker terms) is just about breaking even.

Me and my analogies...:rolleyes:

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, the tricky question is, I don't think you have to determine if you're a good player or a bad player.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To Quote Negreanu - When you start believing that you are the best poker Player and know everything already and no one can tell you something new - that's the beginning of the end..

Stay Always open to learn new stuff!

W

Wer1ss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just check ur stats such as wins/losses
it`s the only way I think

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most correct definition is whether you are a good player or not .. of course I propose to determine by how much money you won and how much you earned during the time interval .. well, and of course how lucky you are

K

KickerSharp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are lots of ways to tell if your a good player but I think one def is, a player that knows how to maximize value

Last edited:
B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm. by those standards, I guess i'm just a player

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically if you get good results, you are good player, otherwise...
Simple as that.
Cheers,
M.D.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not great but could get lucky

If you are a better than average player there is always a chance with some well timed luck that you could be anyone. Slim chance but still there.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$

I believe a good poker player keeps growing his bank over time. A good player will still have ups and down but his or her poker bank will continue to grow.

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo online poker is like a degree in the college .
the more time you learn and practice , the better you become.
Don't even think that you are the ultimate pro in the world , and there is nothing you can do to be better.
Well think again , you did not reach your full potential yet .
You can still become way better than you are now , by studying more and practicing more.
The more "years" you practice , the stronger you be.

Poker Tells