Chips
I have such bad luck with aces that if i get a walk I am happy

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get fairly annoyed with a walk having AA especially live. I tell myself not to care but there's always that slight let down feeling in the back of my mind that can definitely contribute to tilt.

I think I'll start the habit of only looking at my hand when action is on me and dark fold all walks as some people are suggesting.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc this happens
But it also happens the other way around.
That you have pocket aces and that somebody goes all-in before you, always a nice feeling!

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup

Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?

I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so
It just happened to me and I was low stack! I was maddddd! I don't see it happening too often to me.

Last edited:
N

nolifescotty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to often . but ive lost with AA probably just as much as ive won with them . Very scary hand most of the time.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so
Happens quite often, even to other players, is why you see players with AA limp.

H

Hotlantan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely get dealt pockets aces and I very rarely get a complete walk on a big blind. So the two happening at the same time... I guess I'm not as "lucky" as so many here! (lol)

The instance that does happen more times than I care to admit is when I do get pocket paint and make a minimum raise and everyone immediately folds. Arrrrgh! :banghead:

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday I was playing in 6 tournaments and I saw for about minimum 15 times AA got lost , for me 4 times lost and got 1/2 stack when I was in 10 top player. frustrated :(

bonekeeper

bonekeeper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens almost as frequently as when you min raise from bad position and every one just folds. But every now and then you get it in nicely!

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

happens about 50% of the time, now I limp most of the time.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha happened again today, and i haven't been playing much lol

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I walk quite a situation with AA see in a situation and only one in a bubble of time where I'm short and really not worth the risk for me to have the award

In another situation or even low-value tournaments do not consider this viable strategy

:jd4:mateuspoker

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

Badass nickname brother :))
Well, I get dealt AA but I always raise something, at least 2BBs, so if everyone else folds, somehow I put it on the bet. But it is crazy that it happens to you like that.
Good fortune to us all at the poker tables :D

J

joeyjmr8484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me a lot too and I hate it. At least if the small blind would call. I always call small blind no matter what.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Definetely AA is no garantee of a win
Sometimes i got it and lost to any card some fish would call
But....it always a risk
And I think that who get it allways must go all in
Thats It!!!
Rgds

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very often fall out in hands of AA and on the big blyde and on the small one and very rarely when someone plays with me in the hand, most players fold their cards

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely. I did have this happen to me last week in a tournament when we were close to the money bubble and I was on the outside looking in. Can be frustrating but it happens. I would say its happened to me only a handful of times ever though.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is for sure an anticlimatic experience to get a walk with AA, but if it really bother you, maybe you need to look at your overall strategy and mental approach to the game. Everyone get AA at the same frequenzy, so winning big pots, when it happen to us, is not really a viable strategy for beating the games long term.

I am not really keeping account of, how often it happen, but AA will tend to get a walk a bit more often than other hands, because it block a lot of the hands, people tend to always play. For the same reason people will also fold a bit more to your 3-bets, when you have AA, and there is just nothing, you can do about it. Its basically the old truth, that to win a big pot in poker, you not only need to have a strong hand, you also need someone else to have a strong but second best hand.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens! In other positions I advise betting more than 5BBs, if you devalue this hand, you will value the other hand, type K7 SUIT !

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is for sure an anticlimatic experience to get a walk with AA, but if it really bother you, maybe you need to look at your overall strategy and mental approach to the game. Everyone get AA at the same frequenzy, so winning big pots, when it happen to us, is not really a viable strategy for beating the games long term.

I am not really keeping account of, how often it happen, but AA will tend to get a walk a bit more often than other hands, because it block a lot of the hands, people tend to always play. For the same reason people will also fold a bit more to your 3-bets, when you have AA, and there is just nothing, you can do about it. Its basically the old truth, that to win a big pot in poker, you not only need to have a strong hand, you also need someone else to have a strong but second best hand.
hi , very nice post , thanks for that, yes to blockers etc , and yes I've always thought that the trick to winning big at poker is for your rivals to have 2nd best hands , that is the luck in poker imo , no good having nuts if rival has air only ,

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and yes , sometimes I have misplayed AA when outside the blinds , limping and minraising to "trap" , unfortunately as mentioned above this can price in worse hands good at catching flops and beating top pair , and always nice to get a walk when holding junk like 23 or 27 etc .. haha , doesn't always happen though :p

VysotskGSV

VysotskGSV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting a walk with AA

AA heavy hand ,in most cases it is difficult to play in a late position

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens, but I am never upset because it is just a game. Do not forget that tomorrow your opponent may be in your place.

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play poker whole day or even half losing those hands like pocket aces become a normal, you must be enough good player to fold )