Getting a Walk With AA

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good

I hate when that happens. You wait half a tournament to get the hand and nobody will play. Not good !

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree there’s nothing more frustrating then just winning blinds with AA’s. I still feel it’s better than losing with AA’s to a foolish hand that has no reason to be played.

J

JCMJ1969

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a poker strategy in competitions of playing a bad hand, such as 6 10 off-suit, not betting or keeping it to a minimum. Then at show-down people think I can't play and give me no respect. Then I play super tight and wait for AA, KK, AK suited and normally always get an all-in action. I'm not recommending this strategy but it works for me. Good Luck.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When that does happen I find that my opponents are playing most of there Ace high hands and I just took too many of that opening or calling hands for their preflop range

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to have AA in the big blind than in UTG, whenever UTG increases I get many calls and it is difficult to win the hand.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It happened to me many times. It's quite frustrated. Seems like you're playing with your cards facing up.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has happened a few times to me. Even in some crazy table, where people bet on whatever rag hand they get. But it seems they know when you get dealt pocket rockets and everyone folds.

Feels almost as bad as folding a bad hand preflop, then the flop comes and you would've had the nuts and worse still, everyone bets big .

But that's poker.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have this: either this couple goes out several times a day, maybe even at the same table. Over the next few days, this pair of cards does not come at all. I do not really like this pair of cards.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love AA. I win 90% with this cards.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

I have often had AA in the big blind and everyone folds.However it happened to me twice and everyone fold yet the players at the table were aggressive as if he saw my cards and elsewhere it is one of the problems that I often encounter because if I raise I know they will fold and if I follow the flop right there will be JJ or QQ and I find myself folding with AA

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha , I guess I also get plenty walks with other hands too , the AA are the ones that sting though , a walk = free chips as mentioned above , so we will always take them :)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
kkkkkkk Before I get too P #% $%. But once I evolved into poker and came to understand that any hand has value to win, my eyes just shine and return to normal. ;)

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who doesn't hate that?

And who doesn't love it when you've got them on BB and somebody decides to pull the trigger with an all-in bet.......until the other player sucks out and wins?

K

KoreasFinest213

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play on Global Poker [which i highly advise NOT to do], you will see AA and KK go down to 54 offsuit and 92 off suit. Or on Global Poker, much too often you will see AA or KK vs 88 or some small PP and it will get out flopped 75% of the time on Global. Obv i do not have actual numbers, but after feeling something off about the Random Number Generator, i looked back into my hand history, which you have to request from Global Poker. What other sites dont want you to have hand histories readily available to you? Which makes it even a more red flagged site IMO.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding it once

AA - a dangerous pair of cards. I'm always afraid when these cards come to me. :)))

Me too nowadays. Ive found myself folding it once preflop for a Big stack that went all in. To be honest I was just thinking Big stack gets favoured a lot more in my experience on the freerolls.

C

Coreydh001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Walks with AA can be better then 3 bet that five ppl call and get your aces cracked have had it done so many times it’s not funny then ppl say why you bet so much so you wouldn’t call with that garbage

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is a very dangerous card, and the more opponents the less chance of winning

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and no matter my action call or bet or all in, before those i am stressed always ))

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take a walk with any cards anyday. I know that being dealt AA wants to make you get a huge pot but in poker any hand can get beat before the flop is revealed. It's better to walk with something as opposed to taking a big hit.

R

Ravibhaiya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I got AA in cash game on pokerstars. I was in button and raise to 3bb sb reraise to 8bb, big blind call and I went all in. Sh fold bb call with 10 6 off, a trash card right ? but board gives f****** 9kjq5. I should have thrown it as soon as I saw it.

A

acetalker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA what you say . . .

Happens to me sometimes , im BB and ready to pounced on the enemy with my small stack , then everyone just folded, i mean common wtf? Lol

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

You got AA, but nobody entered to play with you. It is a common scenario. It looks as if they know you are holding something big. You feel disappointed.

But, did you ever tried to analyse why others don't entered the pot while you are holding AA. The answer is simple and mathematical. Most of the time players enter the pot with high card Ace. While you are holding two of them and possibility of other two being in the deck, can you expect any response from other players?

But things are different with KK. While four Aces are out there, one or two might be in the hands of other players and they might enter the pot to play with you. And may risk your KK.

L

Lazerx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it happens early in a tourney I usually laugh and think “come on people” haha. When it happens when I’m scrabbling near the bubble or late in a tourney when I’m really low in chips I’m like “ are you kidding me, mother @&$#!ers, how can nobody have hand, this is such bull@&$%.” That’s just me I’m always pretty chill like that [emoji12]!
gotta hat when the guy has 2 9 os and kills yer weapons of mass destruction

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens to all of us,just have to accept it and move on

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens for me but I try not to tilt because I can lose a lot of money later cause of this.