Getting a Walk With AA

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, a walk is better than being out drawn. I should know.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

I hate when it happens too, but I prefer it to when I raise with AA and get 4 or 5 callers. I was in a hand last night. Was the late middle rounds of the tournament, about 40-ish people until the money. I am sitting in the SB with AA. a few people limped in and the button raised really big, I knew he had a big hand because he only raised with really big hands, but I had AA so I pushed and got 4 callers. I had almost 100 BB's but button had me barely covered. He turned over KK and turned a king. The other 3 had nonsense hands that should not have been in there and they were shorter stacks, but one managed a straight to take the small main pot. Count your blessings when you get a walk, even with AA because it could be so much worse, plus, it makes up for the times you get a walk with crap hands like 3/6

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It depends how often you play and the value of your buy-in, It happened to me when I played at tables with buy-in over $ 7.50.

Then I played at smaller buy-in tables and during the tournament I had two or three times AA in my hand during the big blind.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often lost with AA, this is an unpredictable pair.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean it's pretty unlikely to happen, and it's not something you will enjoy seeing happen. When playing live poker I don't watch my cards if I get a walk. Rather not see than see AA :D

Jammen

Jammen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it happens early in a tourney I usually laugh and think “come on people” haha. When it happens when I’m scrabbling near the bubble or late in a tourney when I’m really low in chips I’m like “ are you kidding me, mother @&$#!ers, how can nobody have hand, this is such bull@&$%.” That’s just me I’m always pretty chill like that [emoji12]!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?

I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

It happens a lot, even with Kings when in the big blind everyone folds.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With me this happens a few times unfortunately. This position may be the best way to prepare a trap with AA. I'm going to start paying attention to that now.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It might it happen to me once, and yes is annoying but that's poker. You have to make the best out of every situation presented to you and if you get a walk with Bullets then just mock them and continue with the next hand; I guess is best that you don't look at your cards when you get a walk, this way you don't get affected by having a monster and not getting any action.
Good Luck in Life and at the tables..!

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha nice comments from everyone , yeah I know AA can lose easily from the flop onwards , just been happening slowly over time with increasing frequency lately , last week played in mtt and happened twice in the same hour ! :p ,
no real problem though as some big pots we win without AA/KK hands , so I don't rely on them , just nice to punish those aggresive players who love to attack blinds , then you're about to punish and get a walk instead , haha just laugh and play the next hand lol

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happened to me twice yesterday also i was talking to someone and was literally saying how when i go all in with aces, some donk will call with something bizare and win and sure enough AA utg, i'm down 10 bb's and i shove get called with 8 6 and i'm out...and he acts like , no big deal

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i hate when i gettem cracked but hate a walk too

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tbh I hardly have my AA cracked , I don't know why , maybe it's my image or just variance , but I have quite high success when I do play AA , there are those times I try to slow play them and that's when mine are cracked the most , a few big mtt and a few cruicial moments when they get cracked preflop , but I don't mind too much , I don't like relying one 1-pair all that much

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it happens too often to me as well, nice betting before and after the AA but when I hit it, silence. It bothers me and makes me question the honesty of the playing site.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this situation happens with every player but still a few chips are good too !!!

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Love AA

I love getting AA, dont care which position I am in. Some times you win, sometimes you dont, whether it be from everyone folding or going all in and having one player call you. Hopefully no more than heads up.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An important fact about what you expose in this topic is that anyway, you have won chips, regardless of whether anyone has entered this hand, you have won the chips is a reason to celebrate. One bad move would be you in UTG position with AA making a CALL, this could end you, since players who make 2 pairs in FLOP, it is best to raise a good 4BBs +, it's just a tip, and be happy, and let's play !! good luck!

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rarely. I remember three or four times it was.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it happens to me, the very next hand is full of action. Oh well!

N

naVeela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Either raise, or all in, both are must do.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doesn't happen to me often, but when it does it is usually hard to get paid off with it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hate to see that when I'm HU. Cringe worthy right there!

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the WORST! esp if you're short stacked or have been super agro.!

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to like getting them. But not much anymore.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the most annoying situation - you are waiting for all-in from three opponents, and you only get 1.5 blinds

So true! It seems to always happen.