Getting a Walk With AA

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very rarely, and usually everyone will fold)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA - a dangerous pair of cards. I'm always afraid when these cards come to me. :)))

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the most annoying situation - you are waiting for all-in from three opponents, and you only get 1.5 blinds

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA - a dangerous pair of cards. I'm always afraid when these cards come to me. :)))

Hi There
Afraid of what?
Go all in with AA always
Eventually you can bust but this is 10% of the time or so
Rgds

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that sucks, it certainly happens. Maybe once every few tournaments. Obviously nothing you can do.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I understand, it is very annoying, especially when your chips are becoming less and less, well, what is this poker and nothing depends on you

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VERY rarely have I had AA anytime

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing more aggressive or taking a unique angle with your betting will yield you chips with KK+

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

I have no idea how often because I never look at my cards if I get a walk.

That way I don't tilt over not getting action with a big hand.

Never show that walk because the table will know that they made the right play in that hand.

Good luck !

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As getting walked

It's crazy I get action with suited connectors all day everyday but once I pick up aces it's like everyone folds my raises it sucks like they can see my cards or something

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup. Obviously it's statistically impossible and just confirmation bias, but it seems I get a walk whenever I get good cards and never get one when I have trash. It's annoying but yeah, it's poker and that's how it goes - if this happens live I'll usually show my cards before mucking to get a little table sympathy.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens.. that's the game of poker

Don't get me wrong, it sucks to get a walk with the rockets.. but that's how the game goes sometimes

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup. Obviously it's statistically impossible and just confirmation bias, but it seems I get a walk whenever I get good cards and never get one when I have trash. It's annoying but yeah, it's poker and that's how it goes - if this happens live I'll usually show my cards before mucking to get a little table sympathy.

If this happens to me then I table change.

Because it doesn't seem like that table will be very profitable.

Good luck !

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems like 50 percent of the time. I've tried adjusting bet sizes and still get a lot of folds. Playing too tight..

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the worst ever! On the other hand, at least you didn't lose the hand!

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always seem to get a Walk or Lose with AA So Ill take the walk...lol

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this happens to me then I table change.

Because it doesn't seem like that table will be very profitable.

Good luck !

Unless you are in a tournament, then you can't. Only cash games.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea its pretty tilting especially if the sb or button has been aggressive then all of a sudden there rocks.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This has happened to me a couple times per week. Really annoying, but better than losing AA to 222.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With how many open raises there are these days it isn't as common as it used to be.

P

pineknob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

that's a really hard probability to calculate. my answer is 3.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly doesn't happen to me very often and that's with any hand but I see it happen more often at mid stages of tournaments

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know it's funny. If I'm playing cash, and it just seems like the cards are just not falling in my favor. Leaving me down 15-20 BBs. And this happens.... I normally cash out and call it a day....

But to answer you question, not that much.... the reason it seems to happen more is cause the times it happens are the times we remeber.... we dont remeber the times we get them, raise, get a call, CBet and get a fold.... which happens most of the time.