Getting a Walk With AA

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. It does happen. Just last night as a matter of fact. Really disappointing, isn't it?

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to hate this...
But meanwhile i am happy with taking the blinds instead of being beaten
by a wild mixture of of bad play and luck...
At least winning 1.5 BB is better than losing your stack ;)

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes he is good, but there are days when he makes us very sad, but it is always good to get an AA and rain chips

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

it all depends on which part of the tournament you are in, but for me I play smart and aggressively AA:D:p

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it happens more often than with other hands, you simply notice that more often. IMHO. How much times have you got a walk with 73, A3, 85s and have not give a damn? Guess you don't even remember all those times ;-)

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it happens and it is very insulting. But it happens with others as well. It still pleases and gives great hope to A.A.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst is when your button or small blind is constantly shoving or making big raises on your bb , and the time you finally get AA , they fold and you get the walk.

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to wait or think a lot if I had AA, of course each hand is not like others but I take my decision fast then others.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

It happens a little bit. Granted, getting dealt AA at all doesn't happen too often, but when you do get AA, then sometimes they will all fold and other times you'll get action. I don't think there is much to get around it though, here are some thoughts of mine on this situation:

-At least I didn't get outdrawn :D I'm okay with taking down the pot right there.
-If they all folded to a single open-raise, then you probably wouldn't get much value even if they did call; they would probably just check-fold.
-It happens because it is part of the game, but it balances because it happens to everyone, so you aren't really losing out on value because it happens equally to everyone long-term.

Hi There
Afraid of what?
Go all in with AA always
Eventually you can bust but this is 10% of the time or so
Rgds

I get the point, but AA gets cracked more than 10% of the time, that is a bit optimistic. Heads-up (one opponent) pocket Aces should win about 85% against a random hand. However, just like with every other two cards, you have less equity when more players are in the pot. This is why raising and isolating is useful, even AA doesn't have great equity if the entire table is in the hand! Yes, AA is still favored, but it would then be very vulnerable to being outdrawn if you have to face eight other limpers xD

It's crazy I get action with suited connectors all day everyday but once I pick up aces it's like everyone folds my raises it sucks like they can see my cards or something

Maybe they more-or-less can? If live, then perhaps some physical tell(s) and if online then perhaps timing tells or something similar. Otherwise, it is probably just your perception because we humans remember the bad beats and unlucky cases more than we do the good results :D

With how many open raises there are these days it isn't as common as it used to be.

+1 The game seems to have changed from what I hear.

Well, a walk is better than being out drawn. I should know.

My thinking exactly when I win with AA by everyone folding :)

The worst is when your button or small blind is constantly shoving or making big raises on your bb , and the time you finally get AA , they fold and you get the walk.

Agreed, but even this doesn't bother me a ton. It does a little more than the walk in general, but they probably would be check-fold even if they continued so I probably wouldn't get paid if they continued anyway.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens i been playing a lil different lately because im on cheaper tables so i slow play because players will fold quickly.. I like being aggressive so its a different strategy im using. Good luck.

D

dima08191

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday, once again, AA was distributed and they all immediately threw off ((

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always happy when they come to me. if I only win 1.5 blinds, I still thank them for coming. :)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so
You're lucky, I don't get AA very often)

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA a hand that I play quite aggressively no matter how much I’m going to lose

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's not more annoying than when you got AA in dinamic positions (SB, BB, BTN, CU) and someone raises you 3bet they 4bet you bet all-in and they outdraw you with something like 6Ts.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not more annoying than when you got AA in dinamic positions (SB, BB, BTN, CU) and someone raises you 3bet they 4bet you bet all-in and they outdraw you with something like 6Ts.

I can’t argue with you on that one. Nothing worse than having AA cracked by garbage hands that should’ve been folded before the 3,4,5 bet raises.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
you can send it to me in every hand. cute game. I definitely increase my stack, very quickly.