Getting a Walk With AA

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so
I rarely see them, and yes, there is something surprising in the fact that after receiving AA on the big blind, everyone folds their cards and does not play with me)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Once again trying to slow roll AA, I saw a player wait after the turn to push on another player only to get taken down by the river. If he would have pushed preflop he probably would have raked in a small pot instead of losing more than half his chip stack. Yeah, I'll take a walk with AA .

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I treat any hand without any particular expectations, despite its starting strength. The main thing is to understand the general situation in which you are at a certain moment, and to make informed decisions.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes such a situation takes place, but extremely rare. However, it is very annoying and just unpleasant

C

Chipmaster45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot tell you how many times I got AA pre-flop, and then get magically busted on the river.

It borders on the absolutely aggravating, I tell you.

This also tends to happen to me whether I am playing online or offline.

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always happens to me late in tourneys and I'm thinking im gonna get a free double up but no the even stacks just fold.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi all , how often do you get dealt AA in the big blind , only for everyone to fold and you get " a walk" ?
I know it's variance , positive variance , but happens quite often to me , crazily so

Biggest downer is you lose an opportunity to post a whine in the bad beats thread.:)

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When it happens I wonder it everyone can see my cards. Not much money in the blinds but at least you don't lose.:motz:

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens man,
someone also got tilt too! :( stay focus on AA.
btw It is just a bad beat

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
funny you say that about aces in the big blind ive also had that fairly recently 4 times in the last 3 gms ive played

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with everyone folding even small blinds

L

Lazerx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its almost as if they see them

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most dangerous card when its bubble. :)))))) but I cant fold `em

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw in a live tournament a guy have 3x in a row AA. Unbelievable.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

It happens almost every time. I think once I get in the $ during a tourney and I get A's in the BB, which is rare, I can pull in a flopped pot but that's usually it.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be frustrating how you get the best hand and everyone folds. :(

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, sometimes this happens, but to be honest, it is very rare.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very hard to get value for AA in the Big blind.

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like i have not made very much from aa lately either fold or get cracked.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens too often i think for me not only with AA KK too QQ AK when you need that double up seems like they know what you have.

Hate good hands on the bubble too coz there are so many wanna be players that they miss read very often then get super lucky

https://www.boomplayer.com/30767419_22924276FD

Chek this one on the freeroll

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
AA can be a winner or a killer.

In a tournament yesterday I caught AA on the button, I was waiting for the raise or all in to happen.

None happened so I shoved all in and got called by SB rest all folded.

SB had 6J clubs
SB made flush on river and AA was flushed.

So AA is not a 100% winner.

M

mohamed nefzi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens alot but make sure to fold AA when SB covers you and put all his chips in the middle it will look crazy to fold but I have had it crushed so many times that I will not heistate to fold them preflop.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all done over odds, if you get unlucky, it will happen 99% of the time. Just like for another player can happen 1% of the time. Take this into account so you do not go crazy! :D

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand your pain! When I’m playing live, I never look if everyone folds to me, but online it’s hard to avoid noticing!

The sad fact is that when we hold a premium hand in the BB, it is ever so slightly more likely that we get a walk versus when we hold junk—because us holding two aces reduces the number of hands out there that are in our various opponent’s raising (and limping) ranges.

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aces on the big blind very rarely come. and I even shove them on the bubble with a small stack. if I have an average stack, it is likely to reset, well, if I chip leader at the table, then I will definitely move all the chips in the center of the table