Game of Gold Season 2: Would you add amateurs to the mix?

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Definitely yes! The contest would add excitement... amateurs love to surprise. 😜

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Yes, I like this idea. This will increase the attractiveness of the program. The presence of amateur players will add to the unpredictable appeal of the game

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would definitely add fans. I would like to see their performance and reaction when playing

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think so, adding amateurs would add an extra ingredient to the game.

A

aobrien8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Now that the Game of Gold has ended, if a second season happens would you want to see four amateurs included in the mix of poker pros? Why or why not??

m
I think it would be cool to have a couple amateurs included. A qualifying tournament for a couple spots would be an exciting idea.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I haven't seen the series, but why not!? Especially if one of the amateurs were me:LOL:.

However, it doesn't live up to the event title 'Game of Gold', with a quarter amateurs in the field.

A possible variant for a sequel 'Season 2' could be: 'Game of Gold - Battle Field' :

Round1:
Pro Player Battle ; 16 Amateur Player Battle:
--> (1.-8.) Pro Battle / main battle qualification > (9.-16.) Amateur Battle /disqualification

Round 2 - Mixed Battle:
Pro Player (9.-16.) vs. 8 Amateur Player (1.-8.) :
--> (1.-8.) Mixed Battle / main battle qualification > (9.-16.) Mixed Battle /disqualification

Main Battle - Game of Gold:
Round1 qualifier (Pro) vs. 8 Round2 qualifier (Mixed)

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, they could contribute new strategies or unexpected movements; as they are eager to learn and improve while playing.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Absolutely. i loved a former show where amateurs got to play against pros (saddly I can't remember the name). Adds a flavor of everyday people in the mix. Even better I would like to star in an episode of that!

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Putting one amateur in the tournament could be exciting, not a semi pro, winner through 5 rounds of satellites.. simply a free ticket for anyone, nobody knows what he can ... :)

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it would be a good idea to add amateurs to the show. I do not underestimate amateur players, we all know the Chris Moneymaker story. I would like to see games where amateur play against professionals. I would add one amateur to each team and if the amateur beats the pro, their team will win some bonus. Also I would like to see female amateurs.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to see amateurs in the second season. That would be interesting :)

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Perhaps it would be interesting to invite an amateur to film the new season. But, an amateur will not be able to adapt among professionals and feel comfortable; he will be chosen last, which will reduce the chances of winning. If it is a separate team consisting of amateurs, then they will be more comfortable communicating with each other and acting against teams of professionals.

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Obviously yes. Amaters should have a curriculum this way in poker tournaments and win their classification through tests or a tournament.

Y

Youvraj365

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MU
Chips
Why not add amateurs, even pros get beaten by them sometimes.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I watched season 1 and I like it!

Yes- adding amateurs to the mix, would be more fun + I know that we all know few fantastic amateur players...

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely put amateurs into the mix. Have not seen one single show for now but wherever poker is played there should be always room for non-pros so a game or in this case a show is profitabla to play.

C

Cookiemonster19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
Yes i think its a good idea specially some woman amateur like myself who are discovering the game and would truly appreciate the opportunity to win a good amount of money playing poker with pro which would not be possible otherwise.

Sheepodog

Sheepodog

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The more the merrier bring them in. Heads up at the final table. One amateur, one pro.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, I am for this idea, giving amateurs the chance to play with Game of Gold pros will give more atmosphere :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I would like to see amateurs in the second season. If there are amateurs, it will be more interesting.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course I would like it, it would be great to see 4 amateurs playing against the best in the world since in poker anything is possible, there could be a surprise victory

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
any serious poker players would be fun to watch.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No to amateurs, please. I watched few minutes of season 1 and got bored. However I'm biased, everything seems boring now. More bright famous players like Phil Hellmuth, please.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely yes! Who doesn't like a good Cinderella story including an obscure player coming from a town we didn't even heard of?

Top 10 Games