Game of Gold Season 2: Would you add amateurs to the mix?

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
They are all amateurs, of course. Bad actors and sycophants, drug addicts and prostitutes.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would throw a couple in, for the fun's sake

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely allow one amateur participant into the show, but it's not necessary for them to be an amateur because: I would organize a satellite tournament (freeroll or maybe with some small, affordable buy-in), and the winner of this satellite will get a chance to participate in the show. Of course, it would be great to make this satellite open worldwide, not only in the US. It would be interesting to see the play among all the professional players and big poker stars.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the idea of amateurs joining, our toughest games are the bronze games.
all pros and you can pretty much guess what the action will be, but amateurs you have no idea.
they can be impossible to put on a hand sometimes, even Dneg couldn't guess :unsure:

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Now that the Game of Gold has ended, if a second season happens would you want to see four amateurs included in the mix of poker pros? Why or why not??
Yes! But each one of them with a pro player as a coach.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I feel like this has been done before on Poker After Dark. It is entertaining to a point, but ultimately the amateur gets eaten up by the pros.

I'm sure it is a great experience for the amateurs, but in terms of viewing entertainment, I would prefer to see 16 pros battling it out.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be Great to See an amateur compete against the Pros but I think it should be just a single amateur so that the focus could be on The Amateur. Also, the method of selecting The Amateur to compete should be rigorous so that a quality player is selected to represent "Us".

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Without a doubt, the four best amateurs based on the results of the preliminary games could compete with the professionals in the “Gold” Game, since the incentive for a beginner to strive for victory is much higher than that of the pros.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1-2 amateurs would bring more entertainment and special situations to the game :)

Brigistul

Brigistul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Any man who plays poker must have equal chances !!Pros are the ones we see at the final tables and not only.There will be surprises if the amateurs will be able to participate because poker is mostly a game of chance!

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not like to add amateurs to the Pro list in that show. Dignity for money?
I think these amateurs look like monkeys in the circus of professionals, where they make fun of them, believing superior in the poker.
Maybe it's a great show for the audience, but personally I don't like this kind of show.

Last edited:
Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started watching this and really enjoyed the first couple of episodes but then a lot of the people in it
started to annoy me, I was interested in the poker but the rest of it was just like bad reality TV which I detest.
I guess that is the point of it but to me adding amateurs to it would at least give me a renewed interest in it.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
it would be interesting; in Russian broadcasts of some tournaments from GG Pokerok, one or two amateurs who won the qualifiers specifically for the broadcast were invited.

Top 10 Games