Daniel Negreanu - CardsChat's 100th Podcast for our 18th Anniversary!

C

Chebase

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations on those 18 years CardsChat. Question to Daniel, wins are remembered daily, but what was your biggest loss in poker and how did you get over it?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thank you for this opportunity!

I have to think of the other 2 but the first question that comes to my mind is:
What's the worst bad beat you ever had? What did it cost you and what have you learned from it?

:)
My remaining two questions would be:
2. What's the type of opponent you dislike playing against the most and why?
3. What's the best tip you can give to players who want to improve their game?

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent

I would ask Daniel, what is the method you use to overcome bad streaks?
tell us which has been the worst in your career and how it affected you.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My questions for Daniel:

1. Canadians are such polite people, unless they have a hockey stick or a poker cards in their hand; then they will pull your shirt over your head and punch you. Did you play hockey growing up and are you just as dangerous on the ice as you are on the felt?

2. You had a producer credit for the movie Skin, how did you get involved in that project? Do you have plans for other productions; if so, what is next for you?

I may come up with some more, I should probably read everyone else's responses so I don't repeat.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Thanks to CC for the opportunity to ask Daniel a question!
1. Daniel, do you regret dropping out of school at 16,?
2. Your childhood dream came true.... get rich playing poker 3. Is it true that since 2000 YOU have never violated vegetarianism?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow, this is amazing news; I look forward to participating and learning a little insight from one of the world elite poker players. Daniel Negreanu is one of the best of the best :cool:

Q: Power Hold'em Strategy was one of the first poker books I ever read (great book by the way), so I'd like to ask if poker solvers and GTO poker becoming more mainstream makes this book either outdated, or actually more valuable in some ways?
Obviously, high stakes poker with pros requires a need to stay close to GTO just so you aren't run over, but especially at the micro/mid-stakes, this isn't necessarily the case. I'd like to hear your opinion on the value of Power Hold'em Strategy in today's poker as a whole and not as much at just certain game stakes. :)

Q: I know that you and Phil Hellmuth have been friendly over the years; I can even sense the respect you have for Hellmuth's opinions in your YouTube channel (Day 22 ADVICE FROM HELLMUTH and winning with the worst hand? Blog video wsop 2022 is one example where this is apparent). This gets me curious to ask, do you see Hellmuth as more of a friend who occasionally competes against you, or do you see Hellmuth more as a competitor first and only "friends" as the result of playing high stakes poker together for so many years?
You both are POKER LEGENDS and have always been my two favorite poker pros :)

Q: As an avid golfer as well (handicap of 7), do you have any cool "golf stories" you'd like to share? :)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My question(s) for Daniel is:
After all these years playing poker, how do you maintain your motivation for competition at your highest level?
How is it that you haven't quit (taking your winnings with you) and taken up some other form of business pursuit?
Cheers!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Please correct me if I'm wrong, there won't be time to ask Daniel all three of everyone's questions, depending on how many people post there mightn't even be time for one question from everyone.

Will there be discretion with regards to this? Will someone with three great questions possibly have all three asked and some people who only offered a single 'dime a dozen' question possibly be overlooked due to time constraints?
The asking of members' questions to any and all podcast guests is always at our host, Robbie Strazynski's discretion. He's the seasoned pro, and knows when things are appropriate, and when they are not. :) He always does his best to get as many community questions in as possible though.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The asking of members' questions to any and all podcast guests is always at our host, Robbie Strazynski's discretion. He's the seasoned pro, and knows when things are appropriate, and when they are not. :) He always does his best to get as many community questions in as possible though.
Good to know, thanks for the reply Tammy! ❤️

You smile after mentioning inappropriate questions, that smile isn't directed at me surely!? :whistle: 🎵 🎶

You can't think I'd ever ask anything inappropriate, right? 😇

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Cardschat podcast is getting some heavy hitters! My questions for Daniel.

"What is the single biggest piece of advice/information that you were given that helped you achieve success and helped shaped your poker career?"

"What is the hardest lesson you've ever had to learn as a poker player?"

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thanks for the opportunity Cardschat! :)
My questions would be:

1. Did you play a lot with Chip Reese? If so, why is he considered as one of the best, some call him the best, cash game player ever?

2. You say that Stud H/L is your best game. Why do you think this is, as your results show, that you are top of the crop in any game?

3. You wrote the chapter about Limit 2-7 TD in Super System 2. Were you confident that you are one of the best in that game back then and would you consider yourself as one of the best now?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Taaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmy!
Welcome back!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
I hope you had time to take a break from us.🤗
We're having a dance! Tammy's back, Tammy's back!
giphy.gif

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My questions for Daniel Negreanu:

1.- Daniel Negreanu is the founder of “Big Swing” an annual charity event that was first held in 2009 at the Harrah's Rio Secco Golf Club.
My question would be the following:
What motivated you to choose golf over poker when founding an annual charity tournament?

2.- If you could What would you like to remove or add to the content of the biographical documentary "Kidpoker"

3.- You were part of the team of producers of the following films
-Skin (executive producer) 2018
-The Game Changers (Documentary) (associate producer) 2018
-Bodied (co-executive producer) 2017
Do you have plans to continue being a film producer?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
wow , Daniel Negreanu !!! super , I can't wait and my compatriot of Romanian origin hihihi , and of course my favorite player

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi everyone! Thanks to the community for such a guest and for the opportunity to ask him questions, because thanks to Daniil, I started playing poker.
1) School was boring for you. You often took a pillow to school and slept in class saying you were bored. Why isn't poker a boring game for you?
2) You have often won in your city. But when you first went to Las Vegas, you lost big more than once, why didn't you stop, go to work and keep playing, and how did you know you were going to be a champion?
3) Is it true that you played not for fun or money, but to make your parents proud, you improved your games and tried again to make them happy? Thanks for any answer.)))

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW 3 questions, BUT,

I just need to do a single one.

Q: Daniel has eaten Venezuelan arepa? YES/NO
MY ADVISE: You, Daniel, must eat not matter which version of CURVY QUEEN AREPA.

Attachments

• curvy queen arepa.png
    curvy queen arepa.png
    1,016.7 KB · Views: 3
kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Congrats CC for 18 years and the postcad with Daniel!

My questions :
1 - Do you believe a poker player's current level is correlated with their knowledge of GTO?
2 - Do you believe in luck in gambling or in life? (something like being in the right place at the right time or living in a time where poker makes a good money and is allowed, for example)... If so, if you could represent a player's success as a percentage, how much would it be?

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Q - are you still side hustling with billiards :)

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Q - Do you use solver to study? What is the easiest way to study those, I just can't understand solvers

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My Post with the 3 questions for Daniel, will be out there, somewhere! Tammy, when Daniel will give the verdict of the questions that he liked??

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
1st question: What is the the biggest change needed today to help grow poker in general
2nd question: Besides yourself, who would you pick to be the biggest ambassador of poker
3rd question: Where do you see poker 10 years from now

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi Daniel,

Q1: What would be your ideas to attract more women to poker?
Q2: What advice would you give to women to improve their game and possibilities to play on higher stakes?
Q3: What was the key moment or advice for you to improve your own poker game in that way to be confident and capable to make such a strong career in poker?

Thank you for taking the time to read all these questions. :)

And thank you CC for this possibility. (y)

P

pogiako200

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is great i cant belive you guys did it the best in the game here in card chat

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Mainly to welcome the great Daniel Negreanu, a player who inspired me to start playing at poker stars
Question 1: When you play I love your funny moves. Is that a strategy? or is it your way of seeing the game???
2nd question: Within the follow-up that I have done of your poker career, the best moments were experienced in your confrontations with Phil Hellmuth in various tables. Is there really a great rivalry with Phil??? or within the rivalry, then there is a friendship that leads them to do a kind of show ???
3rd question: This is about poker strategy and especially with one of the problems that we all have, which is the bubble game. Suppose we are in the middle of the board of players in theory far from the bubble, without supposed problems, and an AA comes to us suppose in initial position and the one with a higher stack than ours inside the table sends us an all-in So let's say he has the KK or QQ, the question is: Do we pay or do we expect to enter the prize when the bubble ends and then play freely???
Thank you for always being Master Daniel with your good energy and with that funny smile. You make this game not become so dramatic. Congratulations for being so.
A big hug. Carlos from Algarrobo - argentina

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is great. I haven't thought of any questions yet. Will he play with community members? It would be amazing to play at the same table, albeit virtual