Daniel Negreanu - CardsChat's 100th Podcast for our 18th Anniversary!

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
My questions:

In general, as poker novices, our poker playing skills are not at an enviable level. We progress over time, some more, some less.
At what stage in your poker career did you start to feel confident at the table? How long did it take for you to feel like a daddy at the table, to not feel threatened by your opponents, to keep everything under control? What did you have to go through to get there?

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My questions 1. A banal question, but I'm interested. Who according to Daniel is the best poker player at the moment? 2. Intuition. Has it ever happened to him that when playing a strong hand, an inner voice told him that you should not do this, you will lose. 3. With age, a person's intellect weakens, this is a medical fact. Is it worth it to quit playing poker in old age or is it not critical

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you could go back in time, would you be a poker player?

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is at his origins a Romanian. He came into our country a few years ago at a tournament. He also has relatives in Romania, and i have the opportunity to chat with him 5 minutes. It seems to be a great guy, even he has a great number of fans, and for me it was the disscussion of my life. Here is also a picture of us with him :)

Attachments

• danielnegreanu.jpg
    danielnegreanu.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 9
ScoobyEdu

ScoobyEdu

How about some fun games?
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What an honor to be able to ask a question to one of the Poker Legends...

I would ask: How to maintain the high level of play without letting the media hype affect the mental side or decision making?

Fingers crossed to be selected and maybe the best question... lol

E

esjpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
We booked a very special guest for our 100th podcast celebration: Daniel Negreanu! As part of our 18th anniversary celebration, we're excited to bring you this very special podcast guest.

One of our favorite parts of our podcasts is when our own members send questions to our guests, and yes, you can ask Daniel your burning questions! We expect a lot of members to submit questions, so we limit them to 3 questions per member, so choose your favorites!

Also, as an added bonus, we'll give Daniel's favorite question $100! *

Get ready to think: You have about a month to submit your questions. We will give you the exact date as soon as we know it. In the meantime, post your questions in this thread.

View attachment 310795

*CardsChat award rules apply
I'd like to ask Negreau, who was his mentor

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
1Why he left from promoting pokerstars...!? 2 and from the money he earned did he invest them and where if so!?
3 Last question. How did you start playing what was your bankroll?

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Daniel,
What's it like when you win something big and get that bliss?
Do you realize that all it did was fuel your competitive spirit and you want more?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As you are the best poker player , for sure many are envy of you .Have you noticed at the poker tables during tourneys some poker players playing against you ATC not to win more chips , but only just to bust you at any cost , as if that would make them feel great ??

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ow... why i m not here to listen this live? oh... sad... so sad...

lovemiscou

lovemiscou

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I only have 1 question for Daniel,
I would like to know what he thinks of the online randomisers? Wit all the live experience he has, if he thinks that the weird run outs on line happen has often in live play?

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Daniel:
1. How have you seen poker change over the years, both the way the game is played on the highest levels, and the social aspect of the community?
2. Describe your relationship of lack thereof with Phil Hellmuth. Do you hate each other? Do you just like ribbing him because of his attitude and the general hate he receives from the poker community at large?
3. Could you compare and contrast the explosion in current poker content compared to what we had in the "boom" days? When was it more entertaining? When was better, both for the creator and the consumer?

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Daniel Idolo: If you had to choose between poker and life, which is your choice?

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
that well is my favorite player. here we leave the questions

daniel negreano questions

1. do you prefer live poker or online poker? and because.

2. Do you think that poker is 70% luck and the other 30% skill?

3. how much money did you have in the bank when you started playing poker and what reason led you to play poker?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Robbie & Daniel! Huge fan here and while hoping one day to be lucky enough to meet you in person or (unlucky enough to) be tabled against you - I'm overjoyed to see you on the C.C. podcast and extremely grateful to have the opportunity to ask you some questions... Thank you! ❤️

1.) My proudest achievements in poker so far aren't my most profitable wins, implying the old adage 'it's not about the money' is likely true. As such an accomplished and revered professional player, I'd love to know what is your proudest poker achievement insofar?

2.) In your opinion is Phil Helmuth's impressive collection of sixteen W.S.O.P. bracelets a fair representation of the skill gap between himself and the chasing pack of Ivey, Chan and Brunson (all on ten bracelets) and if not, how do you think Phil has proved so much more successful in the series than any other player?

3.) Do you feel like there are any imperative changes or adaptions that need to be made in the poker world to continue the game's growth and popularity moving forwards, whether it's with regards to the rules, structures, formats, the game's culture or anything else?

Simply can't wait for the podcast - well done Robbie and C.C. for smashing it outta the park for the anniversary episode! ❤️

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Robbie and Daniel,

Daniel, your table chatter is second to none in my opinion, enabling you to glean bits of information out of your opponents that other players can't and your opponents certainly don't mean to give away. Is that something that comes naturally to you, or is it something you've had to work on?

If you could take one aspect of one other players game to improve your own, what would it be and why?

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Wow 🤩 can’t wait make sure to ask about phill ivy cards chat is the world’s best poker community.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even know what to ask:unsure: What poker has given you and what poker has taken from you?

G

Grimbo999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'm sorry but has this been and gone?

I've looked up to Daniel for years. I've always wanted to go and watch him play live and would love to meet "kid poker". I'd love to listen to the podcast, where can I find it?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm sorry but has this been and gone?

I've looked up to Daniel for years. I've always wanted to go and watch him play live and would love to meet "kid poker". I'd love to listen to the podcast, where can I find it?
Not happened yet, you have time to offer questions! :)

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow, that's awesome. Daniel is my favourite player.. can't wait

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Robbie & Daniel! Huge fan here and while hoping one day to be lucky enough to meet you in person or (unlucky enough to) be tabled against you - I'm overjoyed to see you on the C.C. podcast and extremely grateful to have the opportunity to ask you some questions... Thank you! ❤️

1.) My proudest achievements in poker so far aren't my most profitable wins, implying the old adage 'it's not about the money' is likely true. As such an accomplished and revered professional player, I'd love to know what is your proudest poker achievement insofar?

2.) In your opinion is Phil Helmuth's impressive collection of sixteen W.S.O.P. bracelets a fair representation of the skill gap between himself and the chasing pack of Ivey, Chan and Brunson (all on ten bracelets) and if not, how do you think Phil has proved so much more successful in the series than any other player?

3.) Do you feel like there are any imperative changes or adaptions that need to be made in the poker world to continue the game's growth and popularity moving forwards, whether it's with regards to the rules, structures, formats, the game's culture or anything else?

Simply can't wait for the podcast - well done Robbie and C.C. for smashing it outta the park for the anniversary episode! ❤️
Similarly to DS3 I tend not to quote myself, but want to change my questions for Daniel to this;

When can I get my hammer drill back?!

Huehuehue :LOL:❤️

One day... One day..!

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hmm... where do I start... Oh I know, I know... let me go first, pleeeaaaaaase?

I got one that refers to one of my other posts relating to my dream of living next door to Daniel Negreanu, when I get rich enough. That is my dream and am actively working towards it.

Q1: Can I borrow your Hammer Drill for the afternoon? Mine's knackered.

One more, one more, here it goes:

Q2: Do you still play snooker? Watched all your vlogs and could not see a snooker table in any of them. I know it's a huge table, but the snooker bug never goes away.

This also refers to my other dream of playing snooker with 3 other great "players" of snooker: Ronnie O'Sollivan, Daniel Negreanu and Ronnie Wood. Two of them still play. Can't wait to build my own snooker shed when I get the money and I promise you get a free pass and I'll do my best to beat you, at least at that. Just the occasional freindly, neighbourly game.

We've got things in common, I also started off in life as a snooker player.

One more, one more, pleeeeaaaaaaaaaase?

Q3: Poker is the job, I know. But what else do you do for fun that you enjoy and how has that shifted over the years?

Also, please don't forget to bring the Hammer Drill over, I mean, you don't have to if you don't want....

Speak soon over the fence! And best wishes!

P.S. Oh and forget the Hammer Drill, I'll get one in the morning. Just realised my Impact Wrench stopped working and got a stubborn nut on my rusty old car, have you got a spare one by any chance?

Last edited:
efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, Robbie and Daniel,
question: can you read the minds of your opponents heheheheheheheh? Lie but I see you play and it seems how great you are you read your opponents very well​