Cannabis and poker: share your thoughts

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still haven't tried it, we have it strictly, but as soon as I can, I will definitely take you to a poker game and share my impressions, but I think with my explosive nature it wouldn't hurt.:D

JobyPoker

JobyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 50/50 I understand the merits but in the longrun just seems too good to be true.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on your tolerance level, when i was younger I smoke large quantities and was tolerant. Than I stopped for several years and bought some 30% thc from the Ontario cannabis store to try and could not function at all.. I doubt I could function 2+ hours in a mtt tourney on cannabis tho..

Proper dosing! :)

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if it gives you an advantage you could use it

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cannabis and Poker

If it keeps you calm and without any stress you can play. Most people lose sense of logic under the influence so it's better for them to not use it when playing poker.

L

LAPT07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play if I have smoked a joint, it helps me to concentrate and it does not make me stupid because I have been playing for a long time for several hours

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it started in middle school,i found it helped me with my studies.It gives me a certain energy and focus that helps me level out because i'm naturally a little aggressive,,, :)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on each one, for some they can help during the game, but for others it can get in the way, you need to have self-knowledge to know what is best for you

G

goforthenick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who smoke will believe they play better, just as they believe they can drive when their alcohol level is at .16, even if there is evidence to the contrary.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although there may be medicinal benefits to consuming Cannabis, I would stay away from playing poker seriously under the influence. It is illegal to drive after consuming cannabis so that should be a wake up call. Your capacity to think clearly must be of utmost importance to play at your best. Now if all you want to do is play for fun or if you have money to burn, then by all means, get high as a kite if you want. Let me know what site and table you are at. ;-)

G

GivMeMyChipsNow

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Although there may be medicinal benefits to consuming Cannabis, I would stay away from playing poker seriously under the influence. It is illegal to drive after consuming cannabis so that should be a wake up call. Your capacity to think clearly must be of utmost importance to play at your best. Now if all you want to do is play for fun or if you have money to burn, then by all means, get high as a kite if you want. Let me know what site and table you are at. ;-)

I don’t agree, I am a novice and just come 2nd in a tournament while stoned, each person is different and it also depends on the environment you are in when playing stoned

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are a novice and got very very lucky. Congrats.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that like alcohol it can take you out of focus and make you make bad decisions.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ask yourself, how many top professional poker players do you think, play high stakes poker while being high? It's like asking how many top professional true athletes get drunk before a game or smoke a pack of cigarettes each day? Daniel Negreanu has been a vegetarian since 2000 and a vegan since 2006.

This is a quote from "poker online"...things have changed over the past few years and the younger generation of professional poker players tend to be more health conscious. They consume alcohol but also hit the gym regularly to ensure that they are physically fit and can endure the challenges of playing professional poker.
[FONT=Poppins, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Poppins, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Either you take poker seriously and you don't play stoned or drunk, or you don't care how you play and are more interested in getting high than you are in playing to win and be at your best. The two are not interchangeable.
[/FONT]

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I prefer only poker and no drug is a deadly combination.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both are bad for most of us, compination even worse. Don't drink and drive or smoke and play

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never again, did it once and I literally played like sh** and almost feel asleep during one sitngo :D

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because of that my close friend didn't play for almost 3 years. Speak whatever you want, but it's not helpful for game at all. I personally tried to do it once and couldn't focused even for 15 minuntes.

ptracco

ptracco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends a lot.. if you are a recreational player.. and play for fun.. go frab your beer and spliff.. no harm no faul.
but. If you are playing serius.. any focus are wellcome.
but then again. if you have anxyety.. maybe a little weed will relax you.
important thing is to know your goals and your body. then go for it
GLGL

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am hearing 'concentration is lost.' what utter rubbish.

You have 2 cards, play or fold. A child could do that. No concentration required.

Reading a novel, calculating tax return ..... so on and on. need concentration.

If being stoned helps your chronic pain then who are we to criticize.

GL at the tables Stoners :icon_bigs

Last edited:
franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's another great way to lose your money, if you'/re using non-medical.