Cannabis and poker: share your thoughts

nathan12420

nathan12420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Marijuana effects everyone differently, and also, different strains do different things. Some people think it makes them focus more, where other players may try to get too creative and try to outplay their opponents not considering ranges and stuff, and it affects their play in a negative way.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to say this here but i think that some kind of people think straight when they smoke and they help them win

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the safest drug is marijuana. If, of course, the words "safe" and "drug" can generally be put side by side in the same sentence. However, some players believe that marijuana is not the best choice for a poker player, since it can also affect the perception of reality and relax the player to the point of impossibility to show his true skill.

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not drugmaniac. If you ask it probably you are sick and should go to the doctor.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I smoke weed regularly while playing at home, sure keeps me from going tilt, prefer it over alcohol, for pain and recreation, stimulates my appetite without causing nausea.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My passion! I have to admit that Marijuana is the secret key for the life.My mind changed after using it for medicinal recreation.
It conects you with the nature and somehow you change your vision about the people and the world.I think that Cannabis was prohibited because it can prevent a lot of diseases and the big
Laboratorys stoped earning money.This was crucial my friends! Money is worth than the life.This is my point of view.

Last edited:
andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is almost impossible to play poker under the influence of psychedelics, even if you have taken a small dose. The fact is that such substances change the perception of reality, and you stop thinking rationally. And rational thinking must necessarily be present in a poker player.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!! Currently, the world society is suffering a resounding canon with respect to the point of view on cannabis, fortunately, since several scientific studies demonstrate the effectiveness it has to treat various disorders and diseases. If we put aside recreational use and focus directly on its benefits, we can see that the CBD helps to calm the nose and reduce stress, many conditions that can cause us the game of poker or life itself. When we try to do our best game, it is essential that our brain is neat and in its best form to give the best of us. I am a consumer and thanks to cannabis many of my problems have disappeared, such as anxiety and difficulty to stop consuming so much alcohol, I do not consider myself addicted to alcohol, but it is a problem in life and more than anything in poker . I would like to know the vision that the world has about cannabis and the relationship with poker.
Hello, I do not use cannabis myself and therefore I cannot tell you how it affects my game, but I do not see this as a problem for the person who uses it and at the same time it is better for him to play poker! I myself sometimes drink alcohol when I play, but when I drink it modestly, it affects me positively, but only I should get over alcohol then my game suffers very much! I believe that everyone plays as he wants and uses what he wants, if only a person would enjoy the game and not spoil the game to his opponents at the table, the main thing is that the person remains positive and plays responsibly following his bankrupt! This is just my opinion and do not judge me strictly, I am a positive person in myself and do not like to condemn someone for some actions, because each person has his own approach to life, the main thing is that a person always remains a person! I wish you good luck at the tables and in life!

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
for me, the more lucid,,, the better

P

pasquayak187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it makes you think more while your playing...

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wants some stats if you can perform better under the influence...

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that these are not compatible things to the game, and poker should be approached with sober thoughts, not to do unreasoned actions.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker played at micro stakes requires high doses of cannabis to stay sane.

Jokes aside, depending on the type of cannabis of course it can be an excellent ally of online poker.
Some inexperienced users may experience slight mental confusion right after use, but this is not a rule.

Cannabis sharpens the mind, body and heart, all the attributes a player needs to rock the tables... so I think so, they match!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that this is incompatible)))

HungarianBoy

HungarianBoy

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
I sincerely apologize to the questioner in advance! But do you really think that cannabis can help you in poker? or maybe I didn't understand this correctly? I'm so sorry then! by the way, I've never tried cannabis. I also prefer to think rationally while playing poker. I never drank alcohol while playing poker either. One note that I will never use such mind blowing extras. I try to build my life in such a way that I can be very happy in life in the future as well. I think that's the point. . :)

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If i smoke my money go to scared money.

K

koirajore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds good to me . i used to play poker at stoned but lost my chips :D

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello everyone!! Currently, world society is suffering a resounding canon with regard to cannabis, fortunately, as several scientific studies demonstrate its effectiveness in treating various disorders and diseases. If we leave aside recreational use and focus directly on its benefits, we can see that CBD helps calm the nose and reduce stress, many conditions that can be caused by the game of poker or life itself. When we try to play our best game, it's essential that our brain is neat and in its best shape to do our best. I am a consumer and thanks to cannabis, many of my problems have disappeared, such as anxiety and difficulty in stopping consuming so much alcohol. I don't consider myself addicted to alcohol, but it's a problem in life and mostly in poker.
I've been consuming cannabis for almost 15 years, it helps me a lot with my anxiety, sometimes I feel like I can't play without cannabis, I get more stressed when I play without cannabis and I get a damn hand!

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
No good drugs

I don't agree with any drugs or narcotics while playing poker, I think it doesn't allow the player to concentrate to the maximum on each play in each situation, but rather relaxes too much, losing information from his opponents. :drugged:
Cannabis is not a drug, it has a bad reputation thanks to President Nixon, it was banned because according to the study of that time where they used monkeys and drowned them with cannabis smoke 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and obviously monkeys without oxygen died and it was classified as banned.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I will say it depends about the strain of cannabis. Sativa and indica are two different strains.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've often wondered the same thing. But I think that being sober is probably the best bet.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my country the use is prohibited, and I am against the fact that some substance or alcohol somehow helps to cope with the game of poker, why then play if it causes so many problems.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There was never a normal game under the influence of alcohol - that's a fact

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cannabis has a bad rap!!!!! I used to believe the negative spin the big pharma and government put on it but when I finally tried it to control my chronic pain I found it works better than morphine and methadone combined. I have to use the thc oil my pain is so severe but I use it carefully as i hate being stoned. In March I had a total knee replacement and used only the oil to treat the pain without the oxycodone they gave me.