Cannabis and poker: share your thoughts

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is not necessary to combine these things :)

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!! Currently, the world society is suffering a resounding canon with respect to the point of view on cannabis, fortunately, since several scientific studies demonstrate the effectiveness it has to treat various disorders and diseases. If we put aside recreational use and focus directly on its benefits, we can see that the CBD helps to calm the nose and reduce stress, many conditions that can cause us the game of poker or life itself. When we try to do our best game, it is essential that our brain is neat and in its best form to give the best of us. I am a consumer and thanks to cannabis many of my problems have disappeared, such as anxiety and difficulty to stop consuming so much alcohol, I do not consider myself addicted to alcohol, but it is a problem in life and more than anything in poker . I would like to know the vision that the world has about cannabis and the relationship with poker.

Being high is the only way I can make a call in those tight situations.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As with alcohol, being a little buzzed does not contribute to making good poker decisions. It tends to embolden my play and send me to the rail quite often - although with no anger, just the munchies.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I never used cannabis. In this way i could gave you any real life experiences. But i think it would be not so successful. Becaus you get a little bit lazy and not much concentrated. May be you better protected to the bad mood after a bad beat, because everything is equal and you didnot annoy about the situation and do things because of you angry mood.

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, It works very well to me. It get me more relax therefore I can play without worries. Obviously, I smoke small quantities before/during the sessions. The same thing with Beer, a couple of cans is enough to get into shape for the session.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
be high can make your braver but cant make you better

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think playing stoned its a good idea, when I was a young one use to do it and everything goes to hell, after I recover from all my loses, I finally found out that cannabis is wrong even if you find thousands deffending it, been in drugs is an addiction and you need to get rid of it. Regards.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on each one, some can help, others hinder... there is no standard... each one is each one!

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play smoking weed every day, but right now, i have more than 2 months without weed (or any non-prescribed drug, even alcohol).

I feel this time was more productive in general, specially studying and applying strategies in poker, but i will smoke weed in few weeks again (daily) becouse it doesnt is a problem for me in my game and work.

I have my own plants and im awaiting they to be ready, thats why im not doing any drug (i was using amphetamines and benzodiacepines, thats another history, and will mess with your game and life for sure, if you dont have medical prescription, i have dexamph, clonazepam, paroxetine and micro dose of quetiapine at night prescribed btw, right now im just taking the last 3 in very low doses)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT9lGggkWCU?t=157

Please provide a description as I (and many others) do not click undescribed links.

Thank you.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To play poker no, I really don't recommend being under the influence during a poker game. Quick thinking is important in the game and it will slow you down.
But if you are going to use it as a remedy after a tiring session, then it is highly recommended.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a complicated issue, we are all going to have different opinions. Mine is that poker is a high concentration game I don't think cannabis is good for the game. But it is my opinion but I do respect that some player says that it helps him to be calmer and that is why he plays better poker. But that is not my position.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I hope everyone I'm playing is drinking and smoking. Amazing how Vegas went from a lot of guys drinking on the strip to everyone smoking.

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, you shouldn't smoke weed while playing poker. I have friends who smoke weed while playing and are convinced it helps to maintain focus and avoid going haywire

G

Gameguyguru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently tried and found I was thinking too much which is not necessarily a bad thing! I noticed I didn’t underestimate my opponent and that is key. It’s nice every now and then but I definitely don’t want to depend on it

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What an interesting branch! In our country, everything that is written here is classified as "drug propaganda" and people get real prison terms for this. It's all folks!:D:D:D

K

karaafrika

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I once saw a stream where a streamer was taking apart one player who took first place on some expensive Sunday, and therefore this player periodically smoked cannabis throughout the tournament, and his chakras could open) or he won this vision of the game).
I know from myself that I will play very widely when drunk)), so I always play soberly!
So this is a purely individual question.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stay good without any cannabis during my games. I think it may confuse you in your game so therefore stay sober. That's my opinion so I can play my game knowing the truth.

Beatlbug

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think absolutely nothing should be combined with poker, maybe just a glass of drink.

sandlax

sandlax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your talking about playing STONED, for me I would lose my bank. Others might be ok playing stoned and drunk but its not for me at all.

hahaha i think that happened to you bro me too :icon_sant, i keep playing by myself without any drugs dude.. even legal ones-.-...

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I like playing when i smoked some Sativa strain.

I'm getting more energy, better concentration, but i need to smoke every hour a one bongo.

if I'm playing and weed is end is problem :) after high my pre flop hands are better, i dont want make some stupid action.