Cannabis and poker: share your thoughts

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing high

Hi everyone!! Currently, the world society is suffering a resounding canon with respect to the point of view on cannabis, fortunately, since several scientific studies demonstrate the effectiveness it has to treat various disorders and diseases. If we put aside recreational use and focus directly on its benefits, we can see that the CBD helps to calm the nose and reduce stress, many conditions that can cause us the game of poker or life itself. When we try to do our best game, it is essential that our brain is neat and in its best form to give the best of us. I am a consumer and thanks to cannabis many of my problems have disappeared, such as anxiety and difficulty to stop consuming so much alcohol, I do not consider myself addicted to alcohol, but it is a problem in life and more than anything in poker . I would like to know the vision that the world has about cannabis and the relationship with poker.

I for one seem to play better high. If i really think about it....bad beats dont bother me as much and am more patient. I wish i could smoke it more but my lungs arent healing well from my young days where id smoke anything for fun. When i play sober i tend to feel the anxiety and stress over my hands not hitting. So for me weed is not a game hinderer.

chippmonk

chippmonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not my thing, but normally when i play with someone high. They tend to make mistakes

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on how much you are using. Smoking a fat joint will mess with your judgment.

Smoking a tiny joint that gets you this sweet little high works for me perfectly.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
smoking weed while playing affects your decision making

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, any drug and even alcohol cloud the mind! And therefore does not allow the player to play adequately! This harm is not compatible with any mental activity!

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just received my medical marijuana card and made my first trip to the dispensary. I'm ready to watch my poker earnings soar! :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I for one seem to play better high. If i really think about it....bad beats dont bother me as much and am more patient. I wish i could smoke it more but my lungs arent healing well from my young days where id smoke anything for fun. When i play sober i tend to feel the anxiety and stress over my hands not hitting. So for me weed is not a game hinderer.

I'd suggest edibles or capsules/tinctures. The capsules/tinctures may be hard to obtain without a medical marijuana card/prescription, but they are...amazing! Either way, you can easily make edibles with your fresh herb and freeze them. Also, a dry herb vaporizer is worth the investment! Not only is it easy on the lungs, but the weed tastes so much better and you conserve your weed so much more. I only put in about 1/3 of what I would normally smoke in a pipe.

Just some "food" for thought. :D

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is forbidden in our country. Therefore, I have never tried it, but I have heard about the point of view that it is useful. Maybe I'd like to try it. But if in your case cannabis solves many problems, in my case it will create big problems. The main problem is the problem with the law. So I'll pass for now.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Any form of high wether it is Alcohol or Drugs is a big NO! when playing any game of chance.
I once spent 4 days in Amsterdam, Holland where Cannabis and other drugs are considered to be Legal highs, but I can tell you from experience that after one Joint I was in no fit stated to play Snap! let alone Poker.
Leave the drugs alone when playing Poker unless you want to be 1st out.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weed and poker does not go together your mine needs to be focus on the game.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anything that impairs your judgement, you should stay away from playing for money on..

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is hard, especially at the higher levels. I almost always play when my mind is clear and I'm feeling my best. If I do decide to play drunk or stoned, I'm definitely playing at the penny tables and expecting a much higher rate of loss.

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the person obviously. I´m a very impulsive person and get angry real quick this was a big problem in my youth my anger has gotten me into a lot of fights , when i started smoking Weed i noticed i don`t stress as much and i tend to think about what i do before doing it. At the tables it´s the same it helps me keep my calm and be able to think about every situation instead of going all in on someone because they sucked out on me by hitting their 1 out on the river a few hands back. Also many people think I´m stupid (because they believe everything they´re told on TV) when they read my Screenname which in many cases is profitable for me.........So my answer to the question Weed at Pokertables is Yes please

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any form of high wether it is Alcohol or Drugs is a big NO! when playing any game of chance.
I once spent 4 days in Amsterdam, Holland where Cannabis and other drugs are considered to be Legal highs, but I can tell you from experience that after one Joint I was in no fit stated to play Snap! let alone Poker.
Leave the drugs alone when playing Poker unless you want to be 1st out.

I have gone from $0-$1,800 in the past 6 months, and I've been high about 95% of the time I've been playing. :)

It depends on the individual.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anything that impairs your judgement, you should stay away from playing for money on..

The word "impairs" implies a negative cognitive reaction. I do not find this with marijuana use. In proper dosing, marijuana can be beneficial to cognitive function.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't smoke and I have nothing against marijuana.
It seems to me that if you only play for fun there is nothing wrong with it, but if you play to earn money, if everything that deconcentrates you is bad.
Obviously there are always exceptions because everyone reacts differently to stimuli

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The word "impairs" implies a negative cognitive reaction. I do not find this with marijuana use. In proper dosing, marijuana can be beneficial to cognitive function.

depends on your tolerance level, when i was younger I smoke large quantities and was tolerant. Than I stopped for several years and bought some 30% thc from the Ontario cannabis store to try and could not function at all.. I doubt I could function 2+ hours in a mtt tourney on cannabis tho..

A

Ac156519

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cannabis and poker

It depends on the individual response to cannabis. Anything that alters an individual soberness of mind should not be entertained. Some individuals can be cool as a cucumber when on cannabis. Other can be the devil unaware, figuratively. I think anything that alters your soberness of mind should not be used.

K

KeiwaNeo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
smoking weed and playing at same time. not good idea. i have tried. catastrophe :D

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use drugs of any kind ... It seems wrong to me .. My humble opinión.