:::November micro ca$h game thread (strategy):::

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok WV. guess he had 99/TT or something.................

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
come on man!

.06 to .40 wtf flop raise its obvs about the turn think about it.

the hand should go c/r .06 to ~.25ish roughly a pot sized raise then turn bet about .45-.55

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats what I did, give or take a few cents....................

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think in terms of BB's not cents or money dude, your bet sizing is 6 - 11BB smaller than it should be roughly, I dont mind going bigger on flop aswell.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, so most times after being the agressor PF, Im pot-betting it, or at least 2/3 pot, even as a c-bet when I miss?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, so most times after being the agressor PF, Im pot-betting it, or at least 2/3 pot, even as a c-bet when I miss?
With fishy players, you can move your c-bet to vaule or air c-bet it depends on your villain fold to c-bet etc.Like say you have AQo in CO you raise 3x Button calls.Flop comes J 6 3 Villains fold to C-bet is 70%.This is not a drawy board,an given the high fold ratio of villain he either hit flop or didn't and will give up basically to any C-bet amount.So you prop could bet 1BB less than half pot.To do the same thing that a 2\3 pot bet would get done.
Edit: These are the types of things that makes your bb\100 go up.Not cooler like AA vs KK or AKs vs QQ

Last edited:
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks JB. i need to re-set-up my HUD, think there's stuff on there I dont need. agree that fish fold if they dont hit, but Im also playing higher stakes at one site, mainly 6max and HU. Im still c-betting with air, right?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would need to post a couple of difficult spots in here or in the HA section.Give the stats you have and number of hands etc.to get a good feel for all the different spots.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok bud. will start posting HU hands for analysis. I just have to be careful, as my unconvential play normally gets attacked, and then I blow up, as we all know!
(not digging at you, but others, and its partly my fault)
gonna go play some HU now, feel pumped for some action.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not trying to be a douche or anything but I wouldnt play HU if your unsure of spots you should be cbetting in due to the amount of postflop play there is , maybe 6max first, not trying to be a tosser just you could get crushed at 50 and 100 HU if you arent sure of these spots :)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no thats cool Jake. i understand where ur coming from. but my HU game is different to my 6max game, and I wanna develop it. I only play 100nl or 50nl if I cant get a 6max 10nl table with one other player at this site where I have freeroll money.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
last 10K hands since adopting a more tight, aggressive style (was more like 25/15 before with ~2% 3bet). Graph looks like an underwater mountain range and I'm $6 down over 10K hands. Anything obviously problematic with my stats? I think I am still too loose in the first two seats (and the SB) and need to open up with more hands in later seats.

Screen shot 2011 11 21 at 100500 AM
Screen shot 2011 11 21 at 100512 AM

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, can't see properly, posted again...

last 10K hands since adopting a more tight, aggressive style (was more like 25/15 before with ~2% 3bet). Graph looks like an underwater mountain range and I'm $6 down over 10K hands. Anything obviously problematic with my stats? I think I am still too loose in the first two seats (and the SB) and need to open up with more hands in later seats.

Screen shot 2011 11 21 at 100500 AM
Screen shot 2011 11 21 at 100512 AM

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quick peruse................how are you playing in SB and BB, MM?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quick peruse................how are you playing in SB and BB, MM?

Well, I suspect that I am cold calling a bit too much as those are the seats with the largest gap between VPIP and PFR. I probably play about the the same range of hands I would open with in CO, maybe with a few more SC type hands because I often get the implied odds if several others are already in the pot.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all Im thinking is that you're losing a lot of money/bb in those two seats. Im not one for stat analysis much, cant get my head around them most of the time, so Im sure someone better will come along, but just to say for instance you folded every SB hand and never called a raise with BB, always checked it, your bottom line would shoot up, right?
Im not advocating this, you'd lose a lot of value, but your loss of BB/100 in those two seats is high, right?

just looked again, quickly before I go out, if you had folded every SB and BB hand instead of playing you'd be up $30.97, rather than down $6.food for thought?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all Im thinking is that you're losing a lot of money/bb in those two seats. Im not one for stat analysis much, cant get my head around them most of the time, so Im sure someone better will come along, but just to say for instance you folded every SB hand and never called a raise with BB, always checked it, your bottom line would shoot up, right?
Im not advocating this, you'd lose a lot of value, but your loss of BB/100 in those two seats is high, right?

just looked again, quickly before I go out, if you had folded every SB and BB hand instead of playing you'd be up $30.97, rather than down $6.food for thought?

I expect to lose money in SB and BB, not sure whether I am losing more than expected though? Maybe not, because the 'without blind' column shows that I would be in profit for both seats (esp BB) if I wasn't paying the blind.
Is that where you got the $30.97 from?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, can't see properly, posted again...

View attachment 41048
View attachment 41049

looks like your not that positionally aware, tighten in early widen CO and BTN.
your fold to 3bet is ridiculously low on BTN and CO stop calling 3bets, Im assuming you are here .
Steal wayyyyyyyyy wider than 20% OTB, I think im like 40 or so and loosen up in CO

regarding the blinds thing Im not sure what the number is if you fold it everytime but im sure WV/Vanq do :)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I expect to lose money in SB and BB, not sure whether I am losing more than expected though? Maybe not, because the 'without blind' column shows that I would be in profit for both seats (esp BB) if I wasn't paying the blind.
Is that where you got the $30.97 from?

you're down $37.20 from the blinds, if you folded them you'd be $30.97 up(all the other positions added together)(Im doing that right, arent I?)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know those blind losses include money lost whilst posting a blind right, you haven't put your working out but it looks to me like you've just added the blind loses together and then add that number to total winnings?? If so that's not the right way to work it out.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it looks to me like he's UP when vpip from the blind, I.e he's posted $41 of blinds from the BBV bit he's only down 16$ so hes almost made his blind money back, I'd he'd folded every hand he'd be down 40 from the bbv instead of 16

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on my phone so meh spelling and grammar

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I don't think you've included what I've posted as blinds KD.
This may also not be correct but...
-I've posted $62.76 in blinds from SB and BB
-My overall profit in these seats is -$37.20
-Therefore, if I had folded every hand in SB + BB I would actually be WORSE off, because without posting blinds I would be about $25 in profit.

Edit: Essentially, if I had folded every SB and BB hand I would be -$62 instead of -$37

Top 10 Games