:::November micro ca$h game thread (strategy):::

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people dont read hands at super-micro, they see their own 2 cards and the board. nothing else.

Some people at 2NL are reading hands and playing not to badly, lots of total fish yes but some are thinking more than you are giving them credit for.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wat hands is he calling flop then folding turn to a double barrel when the 2d (a complete blank) comes off?

also, wat are u repping when you 3bet pre, bet flop, then c/min raise turn? basically KQ, AQ, 88, 22. all strong value hands making you easy to play against vs someone that is decent at hand reading

I was repping good hands BUT also repping a possible bluff. In this hand, my check/min raise can look like a bluff too (at least thats what I was hoping it would look like). But I see your point...maybe check/call then shove the river (to look like a bluff) is better than check-rasie.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe Im wrong then, but from my experience, which compared to many isnt much volume, i dont believe many do. Id say theres more stupid fish than good regs at 2nl/5nl and to an extent 10nl. In a roundabout way, what Im saying is dont overthink your hand, you're thinking like a 25nl player, when you're playing against 5nl/10nl fishes and a few regs.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im advocating betting turn. not c/r or c/c. you can rep so much more and get value from pp's, worse Qx

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what kinds of hands would you prefer to squeeze with? And why not AQs?

I think he might have folded to a double barrel after my 3-bet idk.

So you think bet / ch/c / bet is better than bet / ch/r / bet ?

3bet pre here with better and WORSE starting hands. So maybe A2-A5s or KTs type hands (don't overdo the junky hands!) and QQ+/AK. Basically you want hands you're either willing to get AI with or hands you're going to gladly fold to a 4bet (most overused term ever, polarized range). AQ is the one hand (imo) that it sucks both when you get AI and when you have to fold to a 4bet.

people dont read hands at super-micro, they see their own 2 cards and the board. nothing else.

Great. Why not just keep betting then? Why count on our opponent to ever bet for us. We flopped the world in a 3bet pot, not doing everything we can to get AI is a sin. So without some great read that our opponent floats a ton of cbets in 3bet pots or that he always fires the turn if checked to we're much better off just betting ourselves.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guess Ive got flawed thinking in this spot. but checking the turn gets PP thinking they're good here, and hopefully firing out a bet, which is what happened, right? Again, I might be wrong, Im relatively new to ring.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pp's will also call a turn bet on that board and sometimes if we check turn they will check given they have SD value and not a lot calls there turn bet so they are using pot control

MM dont post the results

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guess Ive got flawed thinking in this spot. but checking the turn gets PP thinking they're good here, and hopefully firing out a bet, which is what happened, right? Again, I might be wrong, Im relatively new to ring.
Yeah, I think you're letting result get in the way of your thinking. It's easy to do, hence the reason why we shouldn't post results when we're asking about particular lines/spots.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pp's will also call a turn bet on that board and sometimes if we check turn they will check given they have SD value and not a lot calls there turn bet so they are using pot control

MM dont post the results
yeah I guess there's a possibility of a check behind. but surely betting flop and betting turn looks strong to a pocket pair, lower than queens right?
Yeah, I think you're letting result get in the way of your thinking. It's easy to do, hence the reason why we shouldn't post results when we're asking about particular lines/spots.

yeah I am. I blame MM;)

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet pre here with better and WORSE starting hands. So maybe A2-A5s or KTs type hands (don't overdo the junky hands!) and QQ+/AK. Basically you want hands you're either willing to get AI with or hands you're going to gladly fold to a 4bet (most overused term ever, polarized range). AQ is the one hand (imo) that it sucks both when you get AI and when you have to fold to a 4bet.

Yes, I thought you might say that. It's a good point, thanks for reminding me of it.

I totally see what you and Tyler are saying about betting the turn as well, I guess the point is that what I did worked this time, but what would have happened if he had checked the turn behind? It might have made it hard to get the stacks in by the river. Right?

Still, i can't see that it is terrible play because he could easily have folded to a large turn bet, and my turn check probably threw him off the scent.

OK, no results posted next time :D

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah dont post results MM, I look a fool when you do:eek:

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice use of the bet-check-bet routine?

When he called the flop bet I put him on a high pair or AK. When the turn was blank I thought I was safe to check and make it look like I had just made a c-bet and was now giving up. It worked very well but would you have played it differently?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($3)
BB ($1.20)
UTG ($2.03)
MP ($3)
Button ($5.58)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart.gif
, Q
heart.gif

UTG bets $0.08, MP calls $0.08, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.22, 2 folds, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.54) Q
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.39, MP calls $0.39

Turn: ($1.32) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.66, Hero raises to $1.32, MP calls $0.66

River: ($3.96) 4
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.07 (All-In), MP calls $1.07 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.10 | Rake: $0.29

Results:
Hero had A
heart.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Queens).
MP had 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(two pair, Queens and nines).
Outcome: Hero won $5.81
Any reads or stats on villain or did you just 3bet for funsies?

As played bet/bet/bet IMO. The turn card does nothing and he should be calling with almost everything he called the flop bet with

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but a thinking player with 77/99/TT/JJ might think the c-bet on flop was just that, whereas the bet on the turn indicates a Q, right? im not out for an argument, just want some discussion on this.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry, i dont get that one, its been a long day, please explain bg.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol welcome to the thread CT, nice to see you.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop: ($0.54) Q
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
Person 1 bets $0.39, Person 2 calls $0.39

Turn: ($1.32) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Person 1 bets $0.80, Person 2 thinks...

Ok so

Person 2 is calling with 77/99/TT/JJ. According to you, he should probably fold because a turn bet on this board usually always means Person 1 has trup QQ right?

Well, lets say Person 1 has air. If he puts Person 2 on 77/99/TT/JJ, and that range always folds to a turn bet because a turn bet here means trup QQ, why wouldn't Person 1, who has air like I said, not bet?

In all, what I'm trying to say is that a turn bet here doesn't always mean he has a queen

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so

Person 2 is calling with 77/99/TT/JJ. According to you, he should probably fold because a turn bet on this board usually always means Person 1 has trup QQ right?

Well, lets say Person 1 has air. If he puts Person 2 on 77/99/TT/JJ, and that range always folds to a turn bet because a turn bet here means trup QQ, why wouldn't Person 1, who has air like I said, not bet?

In all, what I'm trying to say is that a turn bet here doesn't always mean he has a queen
I understand now. thanks. at this level though, when people bet like they have it, on flop and turn, then they usually have it(someone told me that about super-micro stakes once when I was just starting ring).
double-barrelling at this level is common, but not as common as made hands betting both streets here.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here's a hand a few minutes ago. villain was 36/23 over 13 hands, as thats all we had played. I was playing tight, but flatted this to flush-mine, fit or fold on flop. Our next move?
Poker Stars - $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB Hero: $2
BB: $2
UTG: $4.24
MP: $0.82
CO: $3.08
BTN: $2.06

Pre-flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB and dealt :ah4: :jh4:
2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.18) :7h4: :ac4: :jc4: (2 players)
Hero ?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check/raise flop imo

+1 c/r flop is probably best here. I might go for a min reraise to make it seem like a bluff (but then again, maybe I'm overthinking it again ;))

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont go for a min reraise because that is the most most fish move in the book :D Seriously stop over thinking anything, you min reraise = you lose value. Villain wont see this as a bluff and shove it in anymore than he would if you raised bigger for value. Villain will probably suck anyways and call our ch/r and then we can just bet turn a nice amount to set up all in on river and he calls with Ax and we fist pump.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
c/r so many action killing turn cards hit aswell plus you probs price him in with FDs when you min raise

Top 10 Games