:::November micro ca$h game thread (strategy):::

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks like your not that positionally aware, tighten in early widen CO and BTN.
your fold to 3bet is ridiculously low on BTN and CO stop calling 3bets, Im assuming you are here .
Steal wayyyyyyyyy wider than 20% OTB, I think im like 40 or so and loosen up in CO

thanks Jurn, I can start working on these points

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your views on completing the sb or cc a min raise from the bbv are flawed though, specially from the sb, ur OOP for the hand and even if you smash the flop with your 97s its going to be hard to get top value out of it being OOP, effectively making the preflop reasoning (implied odds) null and void.

I agree with Jake too, u need to be far more positionally aware, it looks like u have the same range across all positions?? if your playing 6max read fees guide and stick to his hand chart for a while until you get a good grasp of opening ranges from each position imo

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a side pointer and to give you a better idea, I play fr and my vpip from the CO and button is 27 and 35 respectively, kinda shows just how much more you need to open up as you move round the table

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know those blind losses include money lost whilst posting a blind right, you haven't put your working out but it looks to me like you've just added the blind loses together and then add that number to total winnings?? If so that's not the right way to work it out.

ah, my mistake then. i didnt think it through properly.sorry.

MM, ignore my major f**k-up, lol

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a side pointer and to give you a better idea, I play fr and my vpip from the CO and button is 27 and 35 respectively, kinda shows just how much more you need to open up as you move round the table

Yep this is definitely something I need to work on, for example I can tell you that my starting range for MP and CO is probably the same. I am looser on the BTN and tighter UTG, but not enough I don't think.

You mentioned a starting hands chart - where can I find fees guide?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tanked for a long time over this one...

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($3.05)
SB ($0.57)
BB ($2.20)
UTG ($2.03)
MP ($1.07)
CO ($4.57) 36/18, 23% 3bet, 40 hands

Preflop: Hero is Button with K
spade.gif
, J
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, Hero bets $0.08, 3 folds, CO calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.21) 5
heart.gif
, 6
club.gif
, K
club.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15

Turn: ($0.51) J
club.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.49, CO calls $0.49

River: ($1.49) 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.71, CO raises to $3.55, Hero ???

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads on villain, or info on your table image?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any reads on villain, or info on your table image?

My table image will have been fairly tight aggressive, I'm normally around 18/15 or something. No reads other than his stats as far as I remember. Often I'm playing 8 tables so I don't really focus much on players beyond their stats unless they do something really unusual.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A river raise is usually very strong, although you did only 1/2 pot it. Draws get/got there already. It's a thin call imo. However, these days I'm a station, so...

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My table image will have been fairly tight aggressive, I'm normally around 18/15 or something. No reads other than his stats as far as I remember. Often I'm playing 8 tables so I don't really focus much on players beyond their stats unless they do something really unusual.
Apologies, too sleepy really, didn't notice that you already posted their stats :eek:

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A river raise is usually very strong, although you did only 1/2 pot it. Draws get/got there already. It's a thin call imo. However, these days I'm a station, so...

yeah Im guessing he hit flush on turn, and was slowplaying you. by river although you're never pot-committed(we always always have the fold option) whatever villain fires out you feel you have to call with top two pair. lets hope he had the naked Ac and was bluffing.....................

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I just had to comment on something here. Please note that I too am a micro player and I make no pretense that I am some sort of expert so feel free to tell me to go jump in a lake. :)

However, Given that you are still in a learning stage of the game and still needing to ask questions about basic spots, why in the name of Chip Reese are you playing 8 tables of 6 max (or even full ring for that matter)? Playing multiple tables is one of the great things about I poker but that presumes that you have a solid fundamentally sound game to base everything on.

No offense whatsoever but do you really think that you have such a solid basic game? I understand that at stars you really need volume to get rewards but at 2NL and 5Nl especially your emphasis should be on really focusing on playing correctly in all spots and practicing fundamentals. In the long run you'll gain more IMO.

Re: the hand I fold river also.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luckily, this time villain was a fish, close call...

Hero calls $1.62 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.15 | Rake: $0.30

Results:
Hero had K
spade.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(two pair, Kings and Jacks).
CO had K
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
(one pair, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won $5.85

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had to comment on something here. Please note that I too am a micro player and I make no pretense that I am some sort of expert so feel free to tell me to go jump in a lake. :)

However, Given that you are still in a learning stage of the game and still needing to ask questions about basic spots, why in the name of Chip Reese are you playing 8 tables of 6 max (or even full ring for that matter)? Playing multiple tables is one of the great things about I poker but that presumes that you have a solid fundamentally sound game to base everything on.

No offense whatsoever but do you really think that you have such a solid basic game? I understand that at stars you really need volume to get rewards but at 2NL and 5Nl especially your emphasis should be on really focusing on playing correctly in all spots and practicing fundamentals. In the long run you'll gain more IMO.

Re: the hand I fold river also.

You make a good point here AB.

Actually, I don't know why I said 'I often play 8 tables' in my post up there :)

I don't really, mostly I play 4 or 6 and occasionally have played 8 (and was at the time of this hand). I'm find 6 to be about right, especially because I am being more nitty these days so I'm not involved in so many pots.

I play 6 in two columns of three with some overlap

Last edited:
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rows or columns MM, seriously? 2 tables side by side, 3 down? or 3 tables side by side, 2 down? I struggle to play 6, too much overlap.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hated the overlap at first too, I'm used to it now.

its columns, so no side overlap.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think iv talked/analysed the most strategy today ever since i started playing, my head hurts

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes, this is something that is very easy to forget. Obviously it is in the poker sites' commercial interests to do everything they can to encourage you to play as much as possible, and they are quite effective at encouraging this. That doesn't mean it's actually in the best interests of you (or me) as a player. I have noticed that when I play more tables my level of note-taking and player analysis drops significantly.

Top 10 Games