:::November micro ca$h game thread (strategy):::

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Stars - $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB Hero: $2
BB: $2
UTG: $4.24
MP: $0.82
CO: $3.08
BTN: $2.06

Pre-flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB and dealt :ah4: :jh4:
2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.18) :7h4: :ac4: :jc4: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, CO calls $0.12 <----raise by me too small? I dont want to scare him away.

Turn: ($0.54) :7h4: :ac4: :jc4: :5h4: (2 players)
Hero bets ?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I dont want to scare him away" is not a valid thought process

bet like .40 - .48

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really that much? we dont want him folding, and if he's drawing to the flush, so be it?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really that much? we dont want him folding, and if he's drawing to the flush, so be it?

dude, you need to think in terms of hand ranges not if hes going to be scared away or whatever his range is like pairs, FDs alot of weaker Ax hands etc

your missing a hugeeeeeeee amount of value in ALOT of spots if your thinking bet small, you have top 2 this is 2nl just think fat value so bet big and dont price him in to draw

also by making your flop bet really small you make shoving the river a little harder as we have 1.34 left with 1.34 in pot id prefer to make it like 1.15ish into 1.50ish

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see J8. guess one of my flaws is getting max. value from a hand like this, when my range should be crushing his range.
Im taking so much in now Ive switched to 6m, villain's ranges is yet another thing i have to think about.
This is gonna sound shitty, I dont mean it to, but at the moment it's not about the money to me, Im just going back to the start and learning poker again, well ring anyway, as I think my sng and to some extent mtt game is ok. So, max. value comes somewhere in the list of important stuff, but at the mo its not the be all and end all. i know it should be, and it will be, but I need to get everything else into place before I start learning about value-betting.
Thanks for reply.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is gonna sound shitty, I dont mean it to, but at the moment it's not about the money to me, Im just going back to the start and learning poker again, well ring anyway, as I think my sng and to some extent mtt game is ok. So, max. value comes somewhere in the list of important stuff, but at the mo its not the be all and end all. i know it should be, and it will be, but I need to get everything else into place before I start learning about value-betting.
Thanks for reply.

i dont get why you mention the money here, im on about the actual bet sizing in terms of BBs for example not the fact its 2nl and its only 40 cents, the same principles apply at like 1/2 just bigger $$ but same BBs

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because I have no idea about max. value-betting, thats why i mentioned the money side of things.

so you mean like pot-size bet, 2/3s, 1/2 pot etc?

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"I dont want to scare him away" is not a valid thought process

bet like .40 - .48
Wow, that's a very big raise compared to what some other people have said in some of my hand analysis threads. Are we raising by such a vast amount because A and J both fall firmly into villain's expected range?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, that's a very big raise compared to what some other people have said in some of my hand analysis threads. Are we raising by such a vast amount because A and J both fall firmly into villain's expected range?
That wasn't the raise size.It was the ammount to bet on the turn.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could you send a link to those HA thread(s)?

IMO Jake is otm.

Keeping this really simple (i.e. forgetting ranges) let's consider villain has AK. He's calling a big turn bet if he's calling our c/r on the flop. So it's a value bet (not a reraise btw)... worse can call and will.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
post 127 jake talks about my thought process and scaring them away(on flop raise). he then says 'bet like .40 -.48'

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
post 127 jake talks about my thought process and scaring them away(on flop raise). he then says 'bet like .40 -.48'
Yes, because you then posted the turn action in the hand. Anyways... move on and get to the rest of the hand for crying out loud!!! lol

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was right after your post when the turn come and you said "Hero bets ?"

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ yeah i hate talking for people but i'm certain as well.C\R should have been ~.28 imo
Yes, that would fall in line with the sort of amount that others have mentioned.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, because you then posted the turn action in the hand. Anyways... move on and get to the rest of the hand for crying out loud!!! lol

ah I thought jake was saying what he'd bet on flop as a c/r, my bad.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've really done quite well out of hands like this, because even if they have AK or AQ you're still ahead with two pair, and totally dominating all those ace huggers that love their ace rag and just can't let it go.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand in full:

Poker Stars - $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 players)
Poker Stars Hand Converter Tool from CardsChat.com

SB Hero: $2
BB: $2
UTG: $4.24
MP: $0.82
CO: $3.08
BTN: $2.06

Pre-flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB and dealt :ah4: :jh4:
2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds

Flop: ($0.18) :7h4: :ac4: :jc4: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, CO calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.54) :7h4: :ac4: :jc4: :5h4: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.40, CO folds, Hero returned $0.40

so I missed value on flop. did I bet too high on turn and chase away weak A-rags?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. He doesn't fold any Ace on that turn.

Top 10 Games