:::November micro ca$h game thread (strategy):::

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, that should show you everything. I always have that checked. People often play differently from level to level.

That's true but not drastically differently I wouldn't think, especially between 2NL and 5NL which is all I have played really. A nit will be a nit at both levels

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice use of the bet-check-bet routine?

When he called the flop bet I put him on a high pair or AK. When the turn was blank I thought I was safe to check and make it look like I had just made a c-bet and was now giving up. It worked very well but would you have played it differently?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($3)
BB ($1.20)
UTG ($2.03)
MP ($3)
Button ($5.58)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart.gif
, Q
heart.gif

UTG bets $0.08, MP calls $0.08, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.22, 2 folds, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.54) Q
diamond.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 8
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.39, MP calls $0.39

Turn: ($1.32) 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.66, Hero raises to $1.32, MP calls $0.66

River: ($3.96) 4
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $1.07 (All-In), MP calls $1.07 (All-In)

Total pot: $6.10 | Rake: $0.29

Results:
Hero had A
heart.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Queens).
MP had 9
spade.gif
, 9
heart.gif
(two pair, Queens and nines).
Outcome: Hero won $5.81

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MM, imo(which is probably wrong!) you played that superbly. I might flat preflop but thats just me. flop bet looks like a c-bet. turn check looks like you have AK, his bet says he's value-betting. nice bet on river, he's pretty much pot-committed. nice play bud
(I'll probably get ripped apart for my analysis, but hey-ho lol)

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MM, imo(which is probably wrong!) you played that superbly. I might flat preflop but thats just me. flop bet looks like a c-bet. turn check looks like you have AK, his bet says he's value-betting. nice bet on river, he's pretty much pot-committed. nice play bud
(I'll probably get ripped apart for my analysis, but hey-ho lol)

Hehe thanks, I was quite pleased with the way I played that

I'm wondering whether anyone prefers check-calling the flop, check-raising the flop, c-betting the turn or any of the other possibilities.

Bet-check-bet with a strong hand is my new friend :D

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, Im trying 6max at the moment. Ive got a range Im opening with, which is working well. But there's some hands that are not in the range that I wanna play. Is it ever ok to limp in 6max, when Im first to open? This is to everyone, particularly 6max players.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehe thanks, I was quite pleased with the way I played that

I'm wondering whether anyone prefers check-calling the flop, check-raising the flop, c-betting the turn or any of the other possibilities.

Bet-check-bet with a strong hand is my new friend :D

check-calling the flop is wrong, you're the aggressor PF, you have to c-bet even when you hit flop, or thinking players will notice this. Plus by the river there's more chance of you getting stacks in if you c-bet the flop.
I sometimes do the same as you if I hit the nuts on the turn, say 2 cards to the flush on the flop I c-bet, if the third card comes on turn I like to mix it up by checking, that normally gets a bet out of villain as they try repping the flush. Ive also done it with quads which worked nicely as well, lol.

check-raisng the flop screams you have a monster and makes him fold his 9's . and you dont want that.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I am back playing 6max fer good now.

Personally, I never limp, I just don't see the point of it. Only exception would be if I had a shoving maniac to my left who shoves 50% of his hands. Maybe then I would limp with a premium to steal his stack when he shoves.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so how do you play 22/33 and sc like 67s/78s? always raising if first to act?

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so how do you play 22/33 and sc like 67s/78s? always raising if first to act?

I raise ALL PP's from any position. I would open with SCs like 67 and 78 from the button only, mainly to try and steal the blinds. SCs are best to call with in late position when you have a raiser and a caller to your right.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, Im trying 6max at the moment. Ive got a range Im opening with, which is working well. But there's some hands that are not in the range that I wanna play. Is it ever ok to limp in 6max, when Im first to open? This is to everyone, particularly 6max players.
I wouldn't limp; open with a raise. Also I haven't got a static range of opening hands by position. It changes depending on the table and the position of villains and their tendencies etc.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise ALL PP's from any position. I would open with SCs like 67 and 78 from the button only, mainly to try and steal the blinds. SCs are best to call with in late position when you have a raiser and a caller to your right.
ok, so someone raises in front of you and you have 67s, you call rather than fold, right?
I wouldn't limp; open with a raise. Also I haven't got a static range of opening hands by position. It changes depending on the table and the position of villains and their tendencies etc.
yeah I have a static range, but Im just getting used to it, so table dynamics havent come into play yet, but they will when Im comfortable with 6max(being a FR and mtt/sng 9max player). thanks CM.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, so someone raises in front of you and you have 67s, you call rather than fold, right?

No I would probably fold, I'm taking WV's advice from earlier in this thread at the moment, and I'm trying to avoid cold calling as much as possible.

I would call one raiser with a PP to set mine.

I wouldn't call one raiser with 67s but if there was a rasier AND a caller or, even better, a raiser and two callers before me, then I would call as the implied odds go up the more callers there are.

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see somebody open limp, that isn't a complete drooler, I tend to assume that they either have a low PP or are slowplaying a monster. Generally (so far) it has turned out to be a small PP. It also screams out to me "please isolate me and take my money".

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I would probably fold, I'm taking WV's advice from earlier in this thread at the moment, and I'm trying to avoid cold calling as much as possible.

I would call one raiser with a PP to set mine.

I wouldn't call one raiser with 67s but if there was a rasier AND a caller or, even better, a raiser and two callers before me, then I would call as the implied odds go up the more callers there are.
ok cheers MM
When I see somebody open limp, that isn't a complete drooler, I tend to assume that they either have a low PP or are slowplaying a monster. Generally (so far) it has turned out to be a small PP. It also screams out to me "please isolate me and take my money".
man Im such a fish, i dont even get that read lol.
i just 3b cafe

subscribing
answer my Pm lol. I know the answers yes.Just want it confirmed by you.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of squeezing AQs preflop in the hand you posted. I flat there about 100% of the time.

As played, bet/bet/bet. bet / ch/r / bet is quite possibly the 2nd worse line ever (only topped by any line that doesn't shove the river).

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of squeezing AQs preflop in the hand you posted. I flat there about 100% of the time.

As played, bet/bet/bet. bet / ch/r / bet is quite possibly the 2nd worse line ever (only topped by any line that doesn't shove the river).

So what kinds of hands would you prefer to squeeze with? And why not AQs?

I think he might have folded to a double barrel after my 3-bet idk.

So you think bet / ch/c / bet is better than bet / ch/r / bet ?

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what does AQ beat MM? ask yourself that bud. its behind every PP, and only beats AJ, so 3-betting surely is -EV?

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he might have folded to a double barrel after my 3-bet idk

wat hands is he calling flop then folding turn to a double barrel when the 2d (a complete blank) comes off?

also, wat are u repping when you 3bet pre, bet flop, then c/min raise turn? basically KQ, AQ, 88, 22. all strong value hands making you easy to play against vs someone that is decent at hand reading

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people dont read hands at super-micro, they see their own 2 cards and the board. nothing else.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats great. but people should wanna get better and need to think wat there repping and how they can manipulate there actions vs their opponents

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I agree with that, sure. and some of the regs at super-micro do understand board textures and dead cards etc, but most of the fish only see 7 cards in total.

Top 10 Games